X-Men movies order

So I'm that faggot that feels like he needs to rewatch every movie in the franchise before the conclusion even though he's already seen all of them.

Just like I did for Star Wars andwent for the order of episodes 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6 (for a better character development for Darth Vader), in which order do you think I should watch the X-Men movies to prepare for Logan?

In order of release they are:
1. X-Men 1
2. X-Men 2
3. X-Men 3
4. Origins
5. First Class
6. Wolverine
7. Future Past
8. Apocalypse
9. Deadpool
10. Logan

So I was thinking 4, 5, 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Should I watch First Class before or after Origins? (No, not watching Origins is not an option)

xoxo

In order of release, every time, every series.

but that's boring user

1. First Class
2. Days of Future Past
3. Logan

All you need

x men 1-3, the wolverine. wolverine origins.
timeline then resets. so the next order after with his cameos is
first class, future past, apocalypse, then logan.

hes not in deadpool aside from the jokes reynolds makes about how bad wolverine origins was.

the wolverine takes place right after xmen 3 so treat it as a sequel with just him in it. origins is a rpequel that builds upon his background in x men 2, but is also a retarded movie in which they ruin so many characters.

um no?

Your order is correct if you absolutely must watch the whole series.

Deadpool and First Class are both unnecessary to rewatch before Logan but if you must I would watch in order of release. Especially since the timeline is so fucked anyways there's no reason to watch them any other way.

If you want timeline order it's:

>OG Timeline

Origins > First Class > X1 > X2 > X3 > The Wolverine > DoFP

>New Timeline

Origins > First Class > DoFP > Apocalypse > Logan

so, I guess, chronologically, it would be:

Origins > First Class > X1 > X2 > X3 > The Wolverine > DoFP > Apocalypse > Logan

>skipping X2
kill thyself

First Class > X1 > X2 > X3 > The Wolverine > DoFP > Logan
Skip the rest

>x-men movie timeline is such a mess that not even Sup Forums movie experts can figure out the proper order

This wouldn't be a problem if Tom Rothman hadn't fucked over X3: The Last Stand so hard. That movie was such a fucking mess Fox had to come up with a convoluted timeline to write it out of existence.

Have they always done that stretching/shrinking bs when focusing different planes?

It was slightly dizzying but extremely triggering

I've seen it in some movies, but not in other. And I don't mean in X-men movies. I always assume that that is some affectation of the lense and whatever. But everything is digital these days... I would assume they still need lenses.

It was really jarring, but I wouldn't call it dizzying.

>Bryan Singer decision to direct Superman Returns caused a ripple effect hitting two franchises 10 years after release

just a reminder

>no x2
come on man

>before the conclusion

Fox will keep making these things for at least another decade.

if you try it like OP suggests you're going to end up with patrick stewart walking in Origins before the original trilogy which is fixed in DoFP.

This timeline is ass.

Hasn't Wolverine literally cucked almost every man in the Marvel universe tho? He even tried to pop 15 year old Mary Jane's cherry when he did a "Freaky Friday" style mind swap with Peter Parker in Ultimate Marvel

honestly the proper way to do it is
Origins
X1
X2
X3
Logan

>the wolverine. wolverine origins.
Switch these two around

>Origins > First Class > DoFP > Apocalypse > Logan
Origins was removed due to Days of Future Past's time travel. You even see the revised origin in Apocalypse.

First Class's place with Origins is iffy because at the end of Origins Xavier, bald, and walking appears, but in First Class he gets crippled and has hair. He can walk in Days of Future Past, but that's due to his drugs that take away his powers, but he uses his powers in Origins

First Class
X-Men
X-Men 2
Days of Future Past
Logan

wait so does Logan exist in the same universe where Magneto started a global earthquake that destroyed every city on earth? Because they didn't mention it.

> No Deadpool
> No X2

Besides possibly switching First Class with Origins, I feel like that's the best order if you want to watch them. Includes the previous timeline and the new timeline

the only movie that sticks out like a sore thumb is Origins

without Origins the perfect timeline to watch would be:

First Class > X1 > X2 > X3 > The Wolverine > DoFP > Apocalypse > Logan

Isn't Origins Wolverine set after First Class?

Magneto is such a hottie that everyone forgave him.

>either of them being able to beat wolverine in a fight

So was Logan set in the original DOFP timeline or the alternative timeline where Cyclops, Jean and the others were still alive?

Yeah, like said, and with its conflictions with X2, Origins stands out

Yeah, also there's a Flashback in The Last Stand with old Magneto and old non-paralyzed Professor X being buddies and going after Jean. First Class never made sense from the moment it came out (Beast creating Cerebro even though Charles said he built it with Magneto for example) but nobody gives a shit because it's so good

How the fuck is Apocalypse after X1-X3 in your chronologies, when it has young mutants

Due to Days of Future Past changing the timeline. The original trilogy happens, it crossovers with the prequel series and the changes lead into Apocalypse.

Doesn't DofP mean the events of 1-3 and origins 'don't exist' in this timeline?

>DofP resets everything, timetravel shit
>FC happens (logan tells them to fuck off, he's still born in the 1880s?)
>DofP 80s stuff happens (logan is MIA either in weapon X or in a coma for 20~ years, I assume that's mystic that pulls him out of the river at the end of DofP, but then winds up in weapon X at some point)
>apoc (weapon X scene, getting claws)
>DP
>logan

so it's as if X1-X3 never happened? makes sense I guess

What's the usual backstory in the comics? X and Magneto make it together? They really were friends until 'incident' that sets them up as ideologically opposed, but still unable to kill each other because latent homolust.

Due to the timeline changes X3 and Origins never happened

They'd also know aliens/god tier things exist. Logan timeline should have knowledge of super tech because of sentinels and aliens because of apoc.

Also The Wolverine, due to its connections to Last Stand, forgot about that. So Last Stand, Origins and The Wolverine

>no x2

Deadpool isn't necessary at all

Except Logan still remembers everything even the erased timelines so it's all relevant.

They kind of do, right? They all have super cyborg hands and shit

X-Men is a mess of continuity

He shouldn't though? Didn't weapon X (apoc) fuck him up, but then somehow at the end of DofP he wakes up with full memory (this is in the 2000s after apoc shit went down but x1-3 never happens in the same manner, since some characters are alive). Then logan happens. Fuck all makes sense, why would he wake up at the end of DofP with full memory.

Also X2, since Jean is alive at the end of DOFP, and she died at the end of X2, right? Though I guess it could still be canon, she just survives.

He shouldn't but he does. Yes it's a clusterfuck but so are X-Men comics.

This is the official timeline continuity:

First Class, X1, X2, X3, The Wolverine, DOFP, Apokolypse, Deadpool, Logan

Origins doesn't fit into any continuity

I'm also in the process of rewatching them all (in release order mind you), honestly I would go with:

X-Men
X2
Origins: Wolverine
The Last Stand
First Class
The Wolverine
Days of Future Past
Apocalypse
Logan

I put Origins after X2 because it expands on that movie more than anything, it really doesn't tie into anything else but you get to see some Xavier and Scott before they get Jeaned in X3.

I almost put The Wolverine directly after X3 because it's a direct follow-up, but the ending leads directly into DoFP so it's better off going right before it. Haven't seen Apocalypse but I assume it logically goes there. Deadpool I don't even include because there's not even a cameo by Logan (though there's sort of an appearance by Hugh Jackman) and I don't really consider it in-continuity per se.

It was his consciousness from the old timeline going back to his body in 2023 from the now revisited timeline. Wolverine has knowledge of everything that happened in the old crappy timeline but not from the revisited one because he didn't live it. That's why he needs to ask Charles to catch him up on what happened since he last saw him in '73

I never understand why people have such a tough time grasping this. Though it is kinda fucked that the Logan who lived from '73 to 2023 effectively "died" when Future Logan caught up to him. Like Xavier seems thrilled that the man he's now known for decades just got replaced with an alternate version of him that he met one time in the 70s

This. So much this. I remember first time I saw it thinking it was pretty fucked up for both Past Wolverine who out of nowhere ceased to exist and Future Wolverine who now lives in a universe he was never part of and has to pretend to be someone he is not just because

Can someone please explain why the fuck deadpool is being classified as an xmen movie on this board? I hardly fucking consider minor roles of two muties enough to justify that conclusion.

>in order of release

>chronologically (timeline A then timeline B)
5,4,1,2,3,6, then 7,8,9,10

Those are the only two options I can see if you want to watch them all.

...Because it's a spin off set in the X-Men universe? Guardians of the Galaxy has jack shit to do with the Avengers and it's still an MCU movie people put alongside the others. Same for Academy Award winner Suicide Squad and the rest of the DCEU

Therefore suicide squad is a batman movie.