Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU
youtube.com/watch?v=KFTc-HUM6aU
youtube.com/watch?v=O_FmqI7QKck
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/engagement
youtube.com/watch?v=cEU3OxYIZZA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hard to choose desu

It would be Pelennor but they fucked up with the deus ex machina ghosts in the film.

Helm's Deep, by virtue of it being a better build-up to the actual battle

About equal
Pelennor fields had the better 'moments' but also some of the most retarded ones

Helm's Deep had the better buildup. I'd also say it holds up the best because of it being shot at night. Pelennor definitely had more great moments to it.

Helm's Deep because no Haunted Mansion ghosts.

I don't like Pelennor fields

Jackson made the Gondorian soldiers look like they were shit at fighting

Helms Deep. Return of the King was where Jackson started going off the rails with all the CGI bullshit.

helms deep has the better battle, as well as the better ending.

pelennor has the better build up, more characters and a bigger scale, but in terms of actual battle scenes its pretty tame. theres very little amount of orcs and men actually fighting compared to all the closeups in helms deep.

it gets bonus points for the design of gothmog and the witch king though

Pelennor fields, just for these 2 scenes really

youtube.com/watch?v=8Tgi-j56ueU

youtube.com/watch?v=KFTc-HUM6aU

True

It lacks a scene were the gondor soldier do more than get their shit pushed in.

Helm's deep elf back up are were the shit too.

>no Haunted Mansion ghosts
I didn't like this.

You know that "why didn't the eagles fly Frodo to Mordor" meme? Well why didn't Aragorn make all the ghosts eliminate every single orc, goblin and troll from Middle Earth? It would have taken them like 1 day tops. They killed thousands of them in seconds.

>helms deep had no erkenbrand
>pellenor had no Imrahil
the question is who were you more pissed to see cut out. I wanted to see the knights of dol amroth so helms deep was better

the four words that will piss off any book fan are
>elves at helms deep

Pelennor fields. Since the rohirrim charge is the greatest cinematic moment of all time.
I'm getting goosebumps just by thinking about it.

No erkenbrand with 1000 men of the westfold triggered me more than elves showing up and bringing the defenders numbers past 300

You gotta admit that really was one of the greatest scenes in movie history. Theoden Fucking carried that movie

Why did Jackson think having ghosts at the battle was a good idea?

He ruined fucking everything. Hell he didn't even have the easterlings fight

Helm'd deep is better. I loved the atmosphere.

Definitely the Swan Knights.

>killing off based Haldir
I am still mad.

Jackson is such an elf autist

That's why he had them act like fucking commandos while Gondor soldiers would get wiped out by like 2 orcs

>tfw I thought Helms Deep horn speech/Gandalf charge was better

THEODEN KING STANDS ALONE.
NOT ALONE...ROHIRRIM. TO THE KING!

I cried for the first 20 times I saw it. The first time I saw it, I burst into tears due to the epicness.
The speech, the wideshot of the army while the sun is rising and shouting death, the rohan horn blowing. Jesus fucking christ, Peter Jackson really knew what he was doing.

>have Weta produce those amazing armors and weapons
>set them up as these evil looking, martial motherfuckers in TT
>never use them again

That scene was so good it completely overshadowed aragons speech at the black gate, which was also a dam good scene

>"For Frodo"
>Amazing soundtrack playing
>Pippin and merry charge first
Beautiful.

>The way they knew they were going to their deaths and they'd just accepted it and wanted to go out with honour and glory

I know why

The production and post production for RotK was a disaster

They were all out of time and money well before filming was over so tons of stuff had to be cut

That scene was so fucking epic that even women cried manly tears.

Can I have electric shock therapy to erase any memory I have from LOTR just to re watch it again?

Pelennor wasnt that much of a battle, it was a skirmish.

And helms deep wasn't either, it was a siege.

Of course you would know this if you had read the books (or used your brain).

>a siege isn't a battle

Helm's Deep is better overall, but some of the things from the Pelennor's Fields are the best in the trilogy
>youtube.com/watch?v=O_FmqI7QKck
>the last charge of the Rohirrim
>the Witch King and Gothmog

Are you legit autistic or just retarded?

2/10 made reply

They both still had major fuck ups

>Elves
>Ghosts

What was Hackson smoking?

Blame Hackson.

The ghosts in the books don't kill anyone and aren't at the battle.

Overall Helm's Deep

Best moment was Pelennor Fields (charge of the Rohirrim)

Yeah, I'm sure the massive engagement that takes place in the chapter called "The Battle of the Pelennor Fields" is not a battle

What if you do, and your non-LOTR self decides the movies are shit without watching them and then you never rewatch them?

Really? Which characters got engaged?

I blame the producers and that one female screenwriter

Helms deep no competition

Charge of the Rohirrim

OR

Last march of the ents?

>Well why didn't Aragorn make all the ghosts eliminate every single orc, goblin and troll from Middle Earth?
Even the little Orc babies? In their little orc Cradles?

We never even got to take a look a SINGLE orc retirement fund plan.

Completely this.
>you mean you had an invincible ghost army all along and this was completely unnecessary

The Helm's Deep charge is more compelling than the Pelennor Field's charge.

Bigger isn't better.

Can't believe Jackson cut that picture.

>Stern now was Éomer’s mood, and his mind clear again. He let blow the horns to rally all men to his banner that could come thither; for he thought to make a great shield-wall at the last, and stand, and fight there on foot till all fell, and do deeds of song on the fields of Pelennor, though no man should be left in the West to remember the last King of the Mark. So he rode to a green hillock and there set his banner, and the White Horse ran rippling in the wind.

>Out of doubt, out of dark to the day’s rising
>I came singing in the sun, sword unsheathing.
>To hope’s end I rode and to heart’s breaking:
>Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red nightfall!

>These staves he spoke, yet he laughed as he said them. For once more lust of battle was on him; and he was still unscathed, and he was young, and he was king: the lord of a fell people. And lo! even as he laughed at despair he looked out again on the black ships, and he lifted up his sword to defy them.

>And then wonder took him, and a great joy; and he cast his sword up in the sunlight and sang as he caught it. And all eyes followed his gaze, and behold! upon the foremost ship a great standard broke, and the wind displayed it as she turned towards the Harlond. There flowered a White Tree, and that was for Gondor; but Seven Stars were about it, and a high crown above it, the signs of Elendil that no lord had borne for years beyond count. And the stars flamed in the sunlight, for they were wrought of gems by Arwen daughter of Elrond; and the crown was bright in the morning, for it was wrought of mithril and gold.

>Thus came Aragorn son of Arathorn, Elessar, Isildur’s heir, out of the Paths of the Dead, borne upon a wind from the Sea to the kingdom of Gondor

Is English not your first language? Neither is mine, but I usually check a thesaurus before correcting people online about their posts
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/engagement

>yfw hackson fucked up both of these with incredibly retarded OC

I mean, as stupid as the ghosts were, the scene with Elrond giving him the sword, telling him he could bang his daughter, and calling him the mother Fucking king of Gondor was 10/10

Pls no Gurm

I can't stand anymore tax policy

The ghosts don't actually fight, but fly around Aragorn spooking everyone so the Corsairs of Sauron flee and are butchered by Aragorn's men.

>tfw the battle of the five armies was actually better than both of them but memester on Sup Forums will never admit it because LOL WACKY WEBS AS IF THOSE OTHER TWO DIDN'T HAVE DUMB STUFF IN THEM and other meme reasons

>that fucking arrow volley counter the dwarves had.

Man that gadget was such a fucking dwarfish thing to do.

>Anything in the Hobbit movies
>Good

Do 9 year olds actually believe this ?

I mean...he actually did kind of stay more to the book for the hobbit, it's just the way he did it was Fucking retarded. The elves were supposed to charge the orcs first, in the book they did leave their defensive position fueled by their hatred of orcs, but having them jump over a fuckin pike phalanx was just stupid.

Well, one thing left then.

Amon Hen

Lol, why?

The courtyard scene needed to be at least 2 minutes longer, it was pure ecstacy when the soldiers are all rushing down to defend the gate, then the swarm of orcs, easterlings, wargs and trolls pour through the gate.

did I read a bogus version of the books, the way they were written was pedantic and boring, by the time I finished it I was just glad it was over.

how anyone took anything about the lore or story from the books is beyond me. guess I'm a pleb

>The city is breached. FALL BACK, TO THE SECOND LEVEL
>GET THE WOMEN AND CHILDREN OUT
>GET THEM OUT
>RETREAAT
youtube.com/watch?v=cEU3OxYIZZA

Shit. This scene was so fucking intense. once again the soundtrack was brilliant.

>it is likely, that we go to our doom
And then none of them died. Definitely rohirrim charge

You're a pleb.

>At that sound the bent shape of the king sprang suddenly erect. Tall and proud he seemed again; and rising in his stirrups he cried in a loud voice, more clear than any there had ever heard a mortal man achieve before:

>Arise, arise, Riders of Théoden!
>Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter!
>spear shall be shaken, shield be splintered,
>a sword-day, a red day, ere the sun rises!
>Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!

>With that he seized a great horn from Guthláf his banner-bearer, and he blew such a blast upon it that it burst asunder. And straightway all the horns in the host were lifted up in music, and the blowing of the horns of Rohan in that hour was like a storm upon the plain and a thunder in the mountains.

>Ride now, ride now! Ride to Gondor!

>Suddenly the king cried to Snowmane and the horse sprang away. Behind him his banner blew in the wind, white horse upon a field of green, but he outpaced it. After him thundered the knights of his house, but he was ever before them. Éomer rode there, the white horsetail on his helm floating in his speed, and the front of the first éored roared like a breaker foaming to the shore, but Théoden could not be overtaken. Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. His golden shield was uncovered, and lo! it shone like an image of the Sun, and the grass flamed into green about the white feet of his steed. For morning came, morning and a wind from the sea; and darkness was removed, and the hosts of Mordor wailed, and terror took them, and they fled, and died, and the hoofs of wrath rode over them. And then all the host of Rohan burst into song, and they sang as they slew, for the joy of battle was on them, and the sound of their singing that was fair and terrible came even to the City.

>Having any civilians even in the first wall to begin with
So stupid especially when in the books they evacuated the entire city before the siege. Jackson really did some weird unnecessary changes from the books

The retreat wasn't instantly. He was ordering soldiers to help them retreat to the upper levels.
Also, retreating everybody before the battle would kill the drama since you wouldn't have much at stake.

Wait a minute for Helm's deep absolutely every single peasant and elf back up got murdered ?

Fucking chills every time.

They were in the book too.

Not at the Pelennor Fields

They only scared the pirates into committing suicide by jumping out of their ships

They never fought anyone

and that granted them freedom?

lmao what a weak curse