Is Moonlight actually any good?

Is Moonlight actually any good?

Was it actually better than its challengers?

>Is Moonlight actually any good?
No
>Was it actually better than its challengers?
Also no

it was proper gay

yes

subjective

it wasn't even proper gay

I wouldn't even put it in the top three gay movies of this year

Or the best black movie of the year

And why did Mahershala Ali win an oscar anyway? Because he is black and said that it's ok to be gay?
I was really paying attention on his performance and didnt see it at all.

your proper gay

I liked it
AMA

yea that's why I would know

Yeah they just had to give an oscar to a nigger this year to please the liberals and what better way to do it in a gay movie? They're just throwing them a bone, it's not about performance it's just politics. Oscars was never about actual merit.

Yes, and arguably yes.

lol your actually gay and admitting it

I don't mind it winning best picture. It was pretty good.

La La Land was great but it's pretty silly to put a literal musical up against movies like Moonlight and Manchester

I enjoyed it. It's funny because it's got faggots and niggers people think it's Oscarbait, but faggot niggers don't really have a history @ the oscars. It's actually a pretty neat flick.

>And why did Mahershala Ali win an oscar anyway?

Because he singlehandedly carried the movie

Yes and yes

>in one chapter

Yes, very good

In my opinion it was on the same level as Manchester By The Sea, which was better than the rest. Silence was my favorite film of 2016 though.

its fine the first 2 acts are mildly kino but the 3rd gets boring and lost its focus so once the big emotional ending comes you don't really care but it wasn't that long so you might as well watch it

Arrival > Hacksaw Ridge > Manchester by the Sea > Moonlight > La La Land > Lion > Hell or High Water > Fences

Haven't seen Hidden Figures and I don't really intend on it.
But between the two most likely, it did deserve it.

The actor who played adult Chiron did a great job.

>Is Moonlight actually any good?
No
>Was it actually better than its challengers?
Also no

>Liked by the Academy

This automatically should tell you it's mediocre at best, if you're not a plebby soccer mom or teenager.

It's very good but it feels like a mashup of things all done before.

First 2 chapters is just a really well done young delinquent movie in the spirit of L'enfant Nue or 400 Blows.

the abusive crack whore mother was a little too on the nose. felt straight outta Precious.

the last chapter, which is my favorite, is a complete Wong Kar Wai rip off.

Still better than La La Land anyway...

Was honestly mediocre but I haven't seen La La Land yet so can't say if it deserved best picture over it.

Manchester by the Sea was better though

>mfw black people will brag about the best picture win for months and still avoid seeing it like the plague because they think fags are gross

I thought it was good, however i didn't care enough.
Lots of things in the first 2 parts are a setup for the chapter 3, but they had zero emotional impact on me.
In the first 2 parts, his gay friend and the mother don't have enough screentime.
The movie shows you important events related to these two people so you can see how that affected the MC in the part 3, but doesn't show these two characters enough time to "grow on you".
imo the movie should have been 3 hours long

Absolutely yes, you bunch of homophobes.

are niggers /ourguys/ now?

They will never be.

you'll never be /ourguy/

this

>Still better than La La Land anyway...

Kill yourself

This. Thank you.

It's visually aesthetic and has outstanding performances

Story is literally social work though so it's polarizing as fuck