ITT: broadway musicals that you want to see adapted in movie form because all of us are poorfags and getting tickets...

ITT: broadway musicals that you want to see adapted in movie form because all of us are poorfags and getting tickets for Hamilton in 2017 is goddamn impossible.

Pic related. I'm ditching a Game Of Thrones live experience concert for this to watch this show live, I hope the Matilda musical doesn't suck

Also, I hope Hamilton and Book Of Mormon get the big screen treatment as well, or at the very least Lin Manuel Miranda's final performance in Hamilton gets a Fathom Events screening

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MoE_SdtGnYE
youtube.com/watch?v=RkmYWdz75JY
youtube.com/watch?v=MyUV3hIL-G0
youtube.com/watch?v=Ccn5EAn8pL4
youtube.com/watch?v=LI_Oe-jtgdI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Danny Devito's Matilda is great, what's your problem?

Newsies got released in cinemas a few months ago. That's probably coming to VOD soon. It's a good show but all the actors in it are insanely annoying.

The new Miss Saigon should already be on VOD. The revival is suppose to be better than the original.

Musicals general?

pls?

;__;

There has never been a good adaptation of a Broadway musical.

Burton's Sweeney Todd is probably the best you can get without it being 3 hours long.

I'm just hoping the musical is as good as the original movie/worth all the hype it's getting

I just want the National Theatre of London to release their shows on DVD. They never do the live broadcasts where I live. You can usually find watchable audience recordings of musicals on the internet and they sometimes show up on youtube.
>what is fiddler on the roof
>what is Jesus Christ Superstar
>what is sweeney todd
>what is west side story

where do you live?

I'm pretty sure the cineworld and curzon chains show NTLs on a regular basis. if you don't live near any of those then... yikes.

A redneck town in Central Kentucky. A theater nearby showed the Cumberbatch Hamlet only because of the fangirls. Sometimes they'll screen in Cincinnati or Louisville but they're too far away and always on weeknights. I hope I get to see the Antony and Cleopatra broadcast with Ralph Feinnes next year, but probably won't.

oh. then sorry user but you're shit outta luck.

there is a streaming service here that has everything. but the chances of a leaker being interested in live theater are extremely slim.

I don't know where you can watch National Theater shows, but two services I know of are Digital Theater Live (London theater) and the Globe player (so mostly Shakespeare, Elizabethan/Jacobean). You can rent/buy/stream/etc.

I can't believe a bunch of low IQ nogs rapping about fake history and white guilt is considered high brow art in modern times.

small soldiers would be fun to watch on stage

of course the toys would be life sized but some of these plays have good costume design.

You talking about Hamilton?

>muh theaterfu
>playing muh cinemafu

I don't even care that the musical is terrible

I saw this in 2015 , It was pretty amazing. Tim Minchin wrote it so the songs are pretty good! "When I grow up" hits you with nostalgia of being a kid. The songs will be in your head for ages!

The cast they had when I saw it was decent! Matlida and honey were great and trunchbull was fucking evil along with the family who are shits!!!

It also touches on Trunchbull and honeys backstory a lot more which was pretty neat desu!

Only real complaint was there was a shit song by Matildas dad about watching "telly" and it just felt out of place!
Ask away with any more questions!

those cunts are fucking ugly lmao jesus christq

do you watch Looks Not Books?
youtube.com/watch?v=MoE_SdtGnYE

Is it worth all the hype? I got some decent seats ($54 down the middle, 4th floor).

Also, I was debating over this over a Game Of Thrones concert with composer
Ramin Djawadi doing the conducting and could only afford one of the two.

We were basically sat in space as we bought tickets 2 days before! Id say id definitly go see it again a couple times! I enjoyed it more than book of mormon!

No I dont!

you should really watch more broadway.com vlogs fám

youtube.com/watch?v=RkmYWdz75JY

I liked Dubs Guy The Musical.

The Producers was fun

Agreed on all. Yeah "When I grow up" was great and stuck with me and the father just wasn't as good as in the movie

I got some Globe and RSC dvds. Great for a shakespearefag like me.

Its not really like that honestly.

You have high expectations when you have to go against Danny Devito's performance

wrong

youtube.com/watch?v=MyUV3hIL-G0

youtube.com/watch?v=Ccn5EAn8pL4

youtube.com/watch?v=LI_Oe-jtgdI

I saw Spamalot at a local theater. It was surreal. It was like going to some kinda dorky sci fi fantasy con, but done as a professional musical.

literally who?

dubs

very nice.

>mfw this shit is actually real

I was about to see that but didn't have the time, plus I heard that Spamalot was condensed into 90 minutes, so bullet dodged. How was it anyway?

This is only sort of related, but I watched Blow Out yesterday and I really want a musical adaptation of it.

I want to remake Little Shop of Horrors, but a remake is already in development.

>choosing Game Of Thrones over Matilda

By why?

The music in that show wasn't anything special other than the opening theme, The Rains Of Castamere and that score from The Battle Of The Bastards episode

Who here wants Mara Wilson to play Miss Honey for the movie version (if there ever is one)?

Hope the lyrics are remade, because it has zero good songs.

I wish I could report you for this.

Heathers the Musical has a few good songs, but altogether is shit and misses the point of the movie.

A film adaptation would be the only way to change the already established musical while maintaining some of the music.
It happens all the time where musicals will be adapted for the screen and several new songs are written.
If the movie proves popular enough the stage show will adopt the film's music.

I'm surprised that a good chunk of films are being adapted on stage that didn't need to be. Legally Blonde had no business being on stage