/brit/: All Hail Emperor Norton!

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emperor_Norton

Other urls found in this thread:

atheists.org/activism/resources/did-jesus-exist/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_myth_theory
richarddawkins.net/2014/12/did-historical-jesus-really-exist-the-evidence-just-doesnt-add-up/
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1507052804842.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw really annoyed at that sun headline about muslims working

its very misleading, i feel like lodging a complaint somewhere about it.

inb4 rasheed. its misleading, from the very content of its own article and whilst i know papers do that all the time, that one is particularly misleading because of the way it defines work.

literally no proof god exists

alri, so do you want the good news or the bad news first?

mom fuck OFF i'm not going to fucken church any more
i don't care that grandma came from out of state, i'm not GOING, don't make me call dad

>edition in the title
fuck off fuck off FUCK OFF

>literally no proof god exists

Because flawed they may be, Christan values and teachings are better than the values and teachings of multiculti progressivism that has been taught in state schools since the 90s.

Yes there is

oh just come out with it

Want this catalonia thing to KICK OFF purely for my own entertainment

not bothered about the people there or nowt though

no dont tell him

pray tell

same but for north korea.

if you're gonna be like that then just don't fucking bother forget it

sick of doing things for you

what's the best anime

Not a flat earther just find it EXTREMELY suspicious no one can produce a photo of the curvature of the earth that's not CGI or a fish eye lens.

failed normie girl has not responded after I asked for her number

race war except it's between people who touch type and people who don't

i've never set foot in a state school
my parents always sent me to the best private schools around and they didn't teach sjw shite

they forced me to go to an evangelical church which stressed 1)getting saved so you don't go to hell and 2)giving money to the church because god commands that you do

If everyone followed the word of God, there would be no violence, no poverty and no disease left in this world

*logs on to atheists dot org*
shall be getting my news from an UNbiased source tyvm

BoJack Horseman

not a leaf just find it EXTREMELY annoying when no one can produce a photo of a rake without devil horns

Thanks, UK, for the gin and tonic.

jesus didn't exist

educate yourselves

can unironically type 100 wpm as a semi hunt and peck typer

just imagining how many wpm i could hit if i bothered to learn proper technique is astounding

better yank flag

biggest virus ive ever seen

aquinas' five proofs

*heems you*

me and my bf

butthurt christcuck

>Aquinas did not think the finite human mind could know what God is directly, therefore God's existence is not self-evident to us.[2] In other words, he rejected Anselm's ontological argument. So instead we must infer God's existence indirectly, from his effects which are more known to us

shan't be reading any more of this

mohammed didn't exist

god either doesn't exist or is unimaginably cruel

my gf doesn't exist

thought this was /brit/ not /religion/ hahahahahahahaha

you shouldn't be reading wikipedia anyway brainlet
open a fucking book

alternatively, you're just a pussy

shinsekai yori

Love God and his son Jesus. I can also assure everybody in the thread that they both do exist and i am sure of it.

The proof of God is our existence in the universe.

Only an intelligent, omnipotent, divine creator could craft such natural beauty, such genius purpose and design in every crevice of existence. Only He could paint the majestic stars and galaxies in the sky. Only He could craft the intricate layers, functions, and purposes of the human eye. Only He could create a land where the rain, fire, heat, light, shadows, soil, grass, wildlife, can be utilised for the benefit- or (the detriment, to remind us of the benefit)- of man. We are a blessed children.

are you going to buy me the book?

Aquinas was literally autistic.

there's a lot more evidence that he actually existed but obviously he was mythologised too
he didn't ride a flying donkey to jerusalem or any of the other fantastical shite that is claimed about him

whereas there's really no evidence that jesus existed

wrong

Love this post x

you really are a brainlet lad
thought you were just a very good hatbaiter
state of american education

good post

need to live in a fashy society built upon norse paganism

christianity and leftism are the cancers that are strangling the life out of the west

Imagine how much more fulfilled Aquinas' life would have been had he lost his virginity

umm no sweaty

if any autistic person believes a thing, that thing becomes untrue

There is evidence that Jesus existed though.

Manabi Straight

>good post

>need to live in a fashy society built upon norse paganism

>christianity and leftism are the cancers that are strangling the life out of the west

lost the v-card a while ago.

only thing it improved in my life was knowing i wasn't a virgin.

check out atheism.org and stop being a christcuck just because it's edgy to be now that no one goes to church anymore

Really makes you think.

>Really makes you think.
shut your fucking broken record of a mouth dickhead fuckhead

>open a fucking book

take it easy mate
don't hurt yourself

The historical evidence for Jesus of Nazareth is both long-established and widespread. Within a few decades of his supposed lifetime, he is mentioned by Jewish and Roman historians, as well as by dozens of Christian writings. Compare that with, for example, King Arthur, who supposedly lived around AD500. The major historical source for events of that time does not even mention Arthur, and he is first referred to 300 or 400 years after he is supposed to have lived. The evidence for Jesus is not limited to later folklore, as are accounts of Arthur.

The value of this evidence is that it is both early and detailed. The first Christian writings to talk about Jesus are the epistles of St Paul, and scholars agree that the earliest of these letters were written within 25 years of Jesus’s death at the very latest, while the detailed biographical accounts of Jesus in the New Testament gospels date from around 40 years after he died. These all appeared within the lifetimes of numerous eyewitnesses, and provide descriptions that comport with the culture and geography of first-century Palestine. It is also difficult to imagine why Christian writers would invent such a thoroughly Jewish saviour figure in a time and place – under the aegis of the Roman empire – where there was strong suspicion of Judaism.

As far as we know, the first author outside the church to mention Jesus is the Jewish historian Flavius Josephus, who wrote a history of Judaism around AD93. He has two references to Jesus. One of these is controversial because it is thought to be corrupted by Christian scribes (probably turning Josephus’s negative account into a more positive one), but the other is not suspicious – a reference to James, the brother of “Jesus, the so-called Christ”.

If anyone does not love the Lord Jesus Christ let him be accused oh Lord come aaaamen

yeah but it's not worth taking seriously and it certainly isn't overwhelming
there's literally more evidence that batman exists

you get right with jesus
i'll get right with batman

choked reading this post

>Norton spent his days inspecting San Francisco's streets in an elaborate blue uniform with gold-plated epaulettes, given to him by officers of the United States Army post at the Presidio of San Francisco. He also wore a beaver hat decorated with a peacock feather and a rosette.[37] He frequently enhanced this regal posture with a cane or umbrella. During his inspections, Norton would examine the condition of the sidewalks and cable cars, the state of repair of public property, and the appearance of police officers.[38] Norton would also frequently give lengthy philosophical expositions on a variety of topics to anyone within earshot.

>During the 1860s and 1870s, there were occasional anti-Chinese demonstrations in the poorer districts of San Francisco. Riots, sometimes resulting in fatalities, took place. During one incident, Norton allegedly positioned himself between the rioters and their Chinese targets; with a bowed head, he started reciting the Lord's Prayer repeatedly until the rioters dispersed without incident.[38]

>Norton was loved and revered by the citizens of San Francisco. Although penniless, he regularly ate at the finest restaurants in San Francisco; restaurateurs took it upon themselves to add brass plaques in their entrances declaring "[by] Appointment to his Imperial Majesty, Emperor Norton I of the United States".[39] Norton's self-penned Imperial seals of approval were prized and a substantial boost to trade. No play or musical performance in San Francisco would dare to open without reserving balcony seats for Norton.[11]

Genius.

About 20 years after Josephus we have the Roman politicians Pliny and Tacitus, who held some of the highest offices of state at the beginning of the second century AD. From Tacitus we learn that Jesus was executed while Pontius Pilate was the Roman prefect in charge of Judaea (AD26-36) and Tiberius was emperor (AD14-37) – reports that fit with the timeframe of the gospels. Pliny contributes the information that, where he was governor in northern Turkey, Christians worshipped Christ as a god. Neither of them liked Christians – Pliny writes of their “pig-headed obstinacy” and Tacitus calls their religion a destructive superstition.

Strikingly, there was never any debate in the ancient world about whether Jesus of Nazareth was a historical figure. In the earliest literature of the Jewish Rabbis, Jesus was denounced as the illegitimate child of Mary and a sorcerer. Among pagans, the satirist Lucian and philosopher Celsus dismissed Jesus as a scoundrel, but we know of no one in the ancient world who questioned whether Jesus lived.

where is the susan bender? need to tell hiim how I headbutted an idol the other night

would HEEM the PM

jus sayin, what's the point in being the leader of a country if a commoner could heem the fuck out of you? How can I rely on you to protect my safety?

jesus christ's story is so obviously just the story of a preacher-revolutionary who got murdered and then whose followers decided to deify him though.

the fact that it managed to gain traction outside of its immediate context is actually quite strange

Something to make you go "hmmm".

literally never understood spending 5% of your GDP on a military if you aren't going to use it. I say we start invading south america and then move onto africa

>Jesus doesnt exist because there isnt any evidence
>Batman must exist because there is evidence
Honestly, arguing with heathens is so boring. I much rather read The New Testament and learn about the life of our lord and savior Jesus Christ, the son of God.

It's like you know, how can you believe that some dude got eaten by a whale and survived for 3 days inside of that whale.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_myth_theory

richarddawkins.net/2014/12/did-historical-jesus-really-exist-the-evidence-just-doesnt-add-up/

find it weird how african-tier evangelism has gripped australia with all that hillsong business.

stop fishing for doras you bent cunts I fucking hat eyou all

>30,000 people turned out for the funeral of a crazy homeless guy

It was a different time I guess

thought supermong had stopped posting

old testament was better, had more death and suffering + lamb chops

'tis an illusion. Begone witches!

you can't heem a woman you misogynistic pig

I don't think they're that relevant outside of Haynes

holy fuck HEEMED

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1507052804842.webm

latin america should be american lebensraum desu

sitting on the bus people clearly avoiding sitting next to me

watching: class of 3000

Not disagreeing with you, but as a big fan of God and particularly his son Jesus, i quite enjoy learning about the life of Jesus, as he certainly did live and wasnt a myth like some godless heretics would have you believe.

slinty eyed buffoon

that's because you're an uncultured swine

>bus
to centrelink no doubt

dumb bastard I had my helmut lang denim jacket on

unfortunately it's popular here too

it's honestly an embarrassing stain on our nation

it's one thing to have churchgoing folk who do so to partake in tradition and as a sort of community get together but to have fat mongs go empty their wallets into some huckster's pockets because he told them god said to is just insane

they're also into creationism and speaking in tongues and daemonic possession and all that

Love God, His son Jesus, and Her Majesty, simple as

evangelical yanks? hmm, i'll buy it, but you'll have to make me believe

LOVE China
LOVE mao zedong
LOVE the communist party

HATE england

Not a traitor, just realize china is superior, simple as

Reminder that Jesus didn't die on the cross, it was his twin brother Isukiri