Leagues by revenue per capita

this just in

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2015/08/11/sports/soccer/nbc-retains-rights-to-premier-league-in-six-year-deal.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>comparing countries that only have one league worth anything that every 'sports' dollar ends up going towards to a country that has 4 major ones and one coming of age in which its citizens have to divide their money, time, and attention between

Wew

>only league mls can beat is an indian one

>old MLS logo
Argument discarded

Wait, does the Indian Premier League operate at a loss? lmao

it's a joke, you dummy.

Likewise the comparison is of a country with over 300 million people to ones with maybe 50 million people. Don't act like the US doesn't have a population advantage. Also saying they only have one sport worth anything is quite ignorant. Don't insult my flag any further, k thanx.

How will amerimutts recover?

>Danish Superliga

This is just as disingenuous as that stupid meme chart youre countering. The Premier League and to a lesser extent the other big 4 euro soccer leagues are international leagues that are just based out of whatever country.

Are you the same guy that di league revenue by percentage of GDP? Because if so stop it. Comparing these metrics makes no sense.

no I'm not, I thought the GDP one was retarded as fuck, that's why I made this one, which is a lot more sensible.

AMERICANS BTFO lmao

No, it's just as retarded. No insight is gained by either.
How is a country-wide metric like total population (or GDP) relevant to the revenue of a single, globally operating enterprise?

who gives a shit as long as it riles up ameriturds?

>domestic leagues
>global enterprises

Well this puts to rest the Americans have more income to spend on sports meme.

There's at least 350,000,000 people in America so the NFL's revenue per capita will be even lower in reality.

Yes.
Are you aware how much of that revenue comes from selling TV rights globally?

Ummm no sweetie. Being popular doesn't make a league "international".

the only reason why NFL has this kind of revenue is because it's 90% adverts

the only reason why MLB has this kind of revenue is because it has over 1000 games a season

fight me, ameriblobs

no, pls enlighten me.

does all the teams being owned and managed by foreigners make it "international"?

>per capita
>global vs domestic sports
>NFL makes more money than Bundes, Premier League, and La Mema combined.

Yeah we Americans totally got BTFO, how will we ever recover

All the Saudi princes and Russian oligarch owners make it international Ahmed

1 of that 4.8 billion for the EPL is paid by NBC for the rights to broadcast the league in the US.

ok, even without that the Premier League remains in first place.
well done hans.

You are missing the point. Total population has no meaningful relation to revenue, thus comparing the two is retarded.

We have rugby and cricket here.

[citation needed]

good thread

nytimes.com/2015/08/11/sports/soccer/nbc-retains-rights-to-premier-league-in-six-year-deal.html

>Poo Crapita

This is true. It's hard to disentangle domestic and international revenue though. TV money is easy but something like commercial deals is more tough.

Sure you big shot leagues may have the biggest revenue of moneys, alright! But our litlle, simple and true Portuguese League has the biggest revenue of people's hearts

i still won't watch it though

>attendance
>domestic broadcasting rights
>ads
that's what makes up the revenue, international broadcast is like 5% of the revenue.
that billion the NBC is paying is over the course of 6 years, that's like 160 million a year, not 1 billion out of those 4.8 billions in the chart.

>a billion for 6 years of broadcasting rights
are you being retarded on purpose?

>Be England
>take train to a pub near the stadium,drink
>go to game.
>Stand around all game with a faggot scarf while singing the same song over and over again waiting for your team to score
>0-0
>all that money you're giving to your team owned by shitskins in the Middle East gets passed down to terrorists networks
>get back on train
>train gets blown up by a truck of peace
>You literally paid to have your train blown up.
>relatives get mad at funeral
>blame radical Islam
>police send out the SWAT team, they get arrested for thought crimes.
>family goes to jail for longer than the guy that helped plan the attack that blew up your train.
>jail is overrun by Muslims.
>2 family members get killed in prison, the last one converts to Islam so he won't die.

Wew, how will Americans ever recover from the per capita meme

lmao didn't you just stole my idea and better it?

Germans confirmed heartless

yes, but I love you froggy, don't hate me.

But england plays cricket

Are you stupid ?

no I like it. the fire is spreading

>biggest economy that's equivalent to twice of the rest of the planet doesn't even manage to have 10x the revenue of PL

>Americans aren't rich
Blows my mind people believe this

I don't understand how NBA has so little revenue.

Did americans stop watching it? And I thought NBA would be like the 3rd most watched league in the world, don't they know how to make good international tv deals?

The majority of NBA fans(like 50-60%) here are black. Don't let the fans in the stands fool you, the NBA is nhl-tier with whites. I can't remember the last time I talked about the NBA to a white person.

why do you people always have to make absolutely everything about race?
literally nobody else does, you're fucking obnoxious.

America has a much lower tax burden than most of those other countries and consequently the government does less.

In most comparable European countries the overall tax burden is near 50% compared to about 30% in the USA, so much of the extra disposable income Americans have ends up paying for things Europeans don't have to because the government provides it through taxation (health insurance for example).

Per Capita retard

>pays thousands of dollars for a bed in a hospital
>has to live in debt forever just to go to college

Everyone with a job has full insurance here don't let the loud sob stories from laughible failures here fool you. If you can pass a piss test, spell your name correctly, and stand you can get some shit-tier warehouse job with a large company with full benefits including dental tomorrow.
Fact of the matter is black and white American culture doesn't overlap sometimes. NBA is one of those cases. You're projecting intentions I didn't have. That's the simple fact of the matter.

>Danish Superliga is higher than Serie A

It's not just healthcare. There are other things the government provides in Europe that they don't in the USA. In work benefits, childcare, university education, etc.

In the USA you are expected to pay for lots of things individually that in Europe is paid for collectively. That explains a large part of the difference in disposable income between USA and Western Europe.

>pays for refugees to culturally enrich their country
>wakes up from a call to prayer or sounds of his wife getting "raped" every night

Who's laughing now Hans?

>Amerimutts using per capita when it suits them

Are you fucking retarded or something? Total population of a first world nation makes every difference in the world. Do you think that Americans simply are oh so good at doing business? If you have a gigantic domestic market, then you dont need to export or infiltrate foreign markets to make a shitton of revenue. That revenue can then be used to infiltrate foreign market more easily, because you have more cash to burn and an easier to time to protect intellectual property or any form of pattent. Now imagine being a Danish company thats makes a fraction on the domestic market that it would make on the US market. Have fun trying to take over a foreign market in your niche when your domestic revenue is so fucking small that itd be equal to what youd earn by selling in a single one of the US' biggest cities. Big domestic markets are fucking game changers. They make it so easy to expand your business once the locals are saturated.

MLS is bigger than the IPL cricket? That amazes me. Has this always been or is it a new development?

Hmm murrilard fantasies or cold hard German facts? Who's side should I take???

>Baseball is dieing

lmao fuck you guys

>Switzerland

truly the only respectable nation in that Arab continent of theirs

I'm pretty sure that India is poor as fuck and USA is like the one pushing capitalism on the rest of the world and therefore the biggest economy in the world.

I don't know, I'm just saying.

oh my god who cares

>per capita
>1200m population
it's going to look small no matter what

>congolombia

I'm white and watch NBA religiously.

>per capita
nah m8

>MLS Revenue: $761 Million
>Indian Premier League: $378 Million