INT: Tigers pursuing Japanese RP Yoshihisa Hirano
CHC: Cubs sign SP Tyler Chatwood for 3 yrs, $38M
NYY: Pirates showing interest in SP Jaime Garcia
SD: Myers OKs move to OF if Padres get Hosmer
MIA: Report: Stanton decision expected this week

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/mets/status/939510252021706752
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Jon HeymanVerified account @JonHeyman Kevin Durant announces he will retire from basketball to play baseball and is taking his talents to the Bronx.

The absolute madman

Who /givenupon2018/ here?

>ohtani press conference today and nobody cares

Kek, already cucked. Should have went to a real team faggot

>fWAR

*Tanks at the perfect time

We did it bros

jeter still works for the yankmees edition

On a scale of 1-10 just how preordained and rigged was this this trade by Jeter for the Yankees with the blessing of corrupt MLB officials?

@JonHeyman, Stanton has agreed to waive his no-trade clause in a deal that would send the reigning NL MVP (and about $35M) to the #Yankees for Starlin Castro and prospects. Stanton headed to NY for physical.

Detoilet tanked years too late
>barren farm and retarded contracts for years to come

Where else was he gonna go? He has a full no trade clause that wasn't going to be waived for some piss ant town like Boston or St. Louis

Marlins get what they wanted, to drop big money while rebuilding, and Castro and prospects including Frazier apparently who is probably going to be a really good player. The Yankees get a huge bat. Both teams win, maybe even the Marlins got the best of the trade imo. I don't know why everyone is butthurt at Jeter.

only two have big contracts senpai

no man don't you get it? Stanton acted within rational self-interest to reject trades to bad ball clubs, so that makes it a conspiracy.

>Giants fans

Right here famalam

Fucking morons. Literally women on twitter tier posts.

>barren farm
This isn't 2016

This. Anyone who doesn't understand why this deal is good for the Marlins is a dumb casual that doesn't understand baseball or just literally retarded and looking for a reason to hate the Yankees. The Marlins will be the obvious winner of this trade in a couple years. It's not like anyone was going to Marlins games when they had Stanton anyway.

Will the Yankees still be able to sign Harper next offseason?

If the Stankees get Stanton I'm suing the league

I hope the Giants don't just go over the tax for one big hitter and think they are done. They need to either rip right past it, try to fix their defense on a shoestring budget, or blow the team up.

Option two is probably better because if it doesn't work, you can still go after next year's free agents.

They're not getting Frazier, they're getting low a prospects.

Reports are it's Dermis Garcia, and Guzman

Frazier isn't a part of the deal.

>Casual fuccboi redditfugees thinking the Marlels lost the trade

Stick to povertyball you brainlets.

I just donated $10 to the Marlins, who wants to match me?

I still call that a Marlins win. That Stanton contract was crippling them.

Wtf, they are getting fleeced

> Breaking: Robert Muellers collusion investigation has sent agents to NY and Miami.
> Indictments expected within the hour.

Why would they want to? I'd go after pitching and Machado if I was them. You can have Murderer's Row as a lineup but you still aren't going to win if you have CC Sabathia giving up nine runs a game.

Good riddance we got rid of this cuck

Stanton already rejected two trades that would have seen the Marlins kick in more money and receive a better class of prospect. Supposedly Sandy Alcantara was kicked around from the Cardinals, though it's been reported that most of the guys who were rumored to be coming from SF were actually not in the deal [Beede, Arroyo, Ramos, Shaw].

Since the Yankees are picking up more of the contract than either STL or SF would have, they don't have to include prospects that are as good. And the Marlins didn't have much leverage because none of the other approved teams were jumping in.

Early 2018 prediction

AL East
1. New York (2)
2. Boston (5)
3. Tampa Bay
4. Toronto
5. Baltimore

AL Central
1. Cleveland (3)
2. Minnesota
3. Chicago
4. Detroit
5. Kansas City

AL West
1. Los Angeles (1)
2. Houston (4)
3. Seattle
4. Oakland
5. Texas

NL East
1. Atlanta (3)
2. Washington
3. New York
4. Philadelphia
5. Miami

NL Central
1. Chicago (1)
2. St. Louis (4)
3. Milwaukee
4. Cincinnati
5. Pittsburgh

NL West
1. Los Angeles (2)
2. San Francisco (5)
3. Arizona
4. Colorado
5. San Diego

AL Wild Card: Giants over Cardinals
NL Wild Card: Astros over Red Sox

AL Division Series: Angels over Astros, Yankees over Indians
NL Division Series: Cubs over Giants, Dodgers over Braves

AL Championship Series: Angels over Yankees
NL Championship Series: Cubs over Dodgers

World Series: Angels over Cubs

You're right, it's 2017 and they still have a barren farm

>Why would they want to?
.296/.416/.560 over the last three seasons, 26 years old, and left-handed in Yankee Stadium.

Sorry, #ImWithHer.

This semen slurping sport isn't for me guys.
Congratulations to Jew York on having the most money.

>Angels
Yeah, that's not happening with their pitching staff

>The angels become competitive again
As A yankees fan, pls no. Last decade it seemed no matter what version of the team they faced, they always raped us

flyover SEETHING

Except Sabathia had an ERA well under 4, and he wasn't even close to being their best starter

>CC Sabathia giving up nine runs a game.
Did you miss the entire last season?

who is going to overpay for arrieta

>Yankfags think this guarantees them a WS

>your team
>ohtani or stanton

How do I reconcile the fact that my collapsing franchise is the most unattractive spot for free agents in the entire sport?

Being a Cardinals fan is humiliating.

MARINERS!
Were coming for that third place and there is nothing you can do to stop us rags

I get that, but if they are already scoring a ton of runs every game and have a glut of outfielders, why not focus on the hot corner and some arms? Also Harper is known to be AIDS as a person, isn't he? I doubt he would do well with the Jew York press.

Red Sox tattoo on that guy is the least surprising thing ever

Hopefully Yankees, I just want to see grab everyone and watch people get pissed off like the old days

screaming at black people and smoking meth should take your mind off it

>there will never be a doyle offseason

Damn Seth Rogan looks like THAT now?

>the most unattractive spot for free agents in the entire sport
dumb falseflagging lifelong

Obviously I was exaggerating but he's not getting any younger and he can't even step off the mound anymore due to his knee. Also he's not even signed for next season is he? You've got Tanaka, Gray, Severino, and who else? Sorry I'm not a Yankee fan just going by what I know from when I got a chance to watch their games.

he's not gonna be worth it tho, he's gotten progressively worse since 2015 TRT-Jake

>angels winning world series
whats it like being that delusional? They literally have no good pitchers, and dont say ohtani

>already scoring a ton of runs every game
So?
>have a glut of outfielders
I'm not sure any of them should actually stand in the way of Harper on a pure hitting talent basis. Whether that holds with contractual realities is another thing.
>Also Harper is known to be AIDS as a person, isn't he?
You literal niggers need to stop watching your fellow niggers parrot jew bullshit on ESPN.

@jonmorosi
Source: #Yankees to receive $30 million from #Marlins in trade. That is significant, because it counts as offset to luxury-tax obligation. So, it remains possible Yankees can avoid paying luxury tax in 2018. @JonHeyman first to report inclusion of cash. @MLB @MLBNetwork

Jordan Montgomery had a nice rookie season

Ohtani, Richards, and Shoemaker. Maybe Darvish/Arrieta

Don't sleep on Tyler Skaags

Harper has been dealing with the media since he was 16 years old and doesn't play grab ass with them to their liking, hence the "bad personality" coverage. You can tell he loves the spotlight, and also he fucking loves playing baseball

Why do Marlins fans even support this team?

OMG MY HUBBY JUST TOLD ME THIS HAPPENED DARYL JEETER IS RUINING BASEBALL YANKEES R JERKS THEY HAVE ALL THE MONEY AND R SO DUMMMMM #METOO

They don't. Especially not after this. Jeter is currently hated in Miami and if this attempt at a rebuild doesn't produce results, the franchise is going under.

*BURRRRP* I TURNED MY SKULL INTO A PULP MORTY

Any fellow Mets fans willing to offer some encouragement as to how I'm supposed to continue watching baseball after this Stanton shit?

I'll never understand what drove me to choose the NY team stuck with shit owners and a bad front office over the team that isn't

It's Jeter's fault the Marlins are $400 million in debt and gave a 13/295 deal with no trade clause

Hey, us literal niggers will listen to whatever Jew bullshit we want on the Worldwide Leader in Sports Journalism the very unbiased and amazing ESPN.

It's really amazing how a state that produces so much high-end baseball talent can't support major league baseball. Out of Oakland, Miami, and Tampa, who moves to Montreal first? Last one standing gets stuck with Portland.

>Mets fan is a moron fairweather faggot that doesn't know shit about baseball

Wow how surprising.

Stanton would have never signed a long-term contract there without the no-trade clause. He was there for the Reyes/Buerhle situation.

It's not but it is his fault he showed up in Miami and did literally everything he could to piss off the few fans that the Marlins had.

If this rebuild doesn't lead to something the Marlins won't recover from this.

How else am I supposed to protest the state of the franchise?

>stanton to yankees
lol, rip indians

What exactly were the Marlins options other than rebuild?

fuck me

Guess im going to go see the whos when they play the yanks this year. This shit is unreal

Skaggs gets hurt way too much but if he can finally stay healthy he might be worth it. I'm not convinced he can do it though.

lel literally every pink hat wearing Red Cux whore on my Twitter. Good thing they have a good pussy game and can keep their mouths shut around their Dropkick Murphy's t-shirt wearing manlet husbands.

>Only major sport with no salary
cap
>Teams so broke that they have to trade their players the moment they get good

How the fuck does anyone stomach this league?

who else /rockhard/ for basedball?

What else are his options faggot?

dilly dilly

>>Only major sport with no salary
>cap

thats part of what makes baseball so good you dumb animefag

>it is his fault he showed up in Miami and did literally everything he could to piss off the few fans that the Marlins had

How? Because they don't know shit about baseball and can't understand what he's doing? The fucking Marlins and Rays only continue to exist because New York snowbirds bankroll them anyway, fuck Marlins "fans". Bunch of idiots.

going to spring training the first week of march
go watch nfl if you want parity for the sake of parity

>Yankees get: Stanton+$30 million
>Marlins get: Castro+2 prospects (good, but not great, based on past reports)
Who wins here?

Stick to the chink cartoons you stupid permavirgin, they're obviously more your speed.

Marlins are getting rid of players because the team was run by a fucking idiot.

>wRC+

>rags

Go back to ESPN

remember a few days ago when yaks fans were offing themselves because of Aaron Boone?

Meanwhile the Mets' priorities...

twitter.com/mets/status/939510252021706752

The appeal of having no salary cap is the ability of teams to be able to throw as much money at a player as they want to be able to keep them. This is the opposite of that

>implying I don't

It gets higher ratings for a reason. Baseball only makes money by putting on 162 games a year to demand exorbitant tv contracts, most of which go largely unwatched due to most of the league be rendered irrelevant before the all-star break

It's a shame because I love baseball as a sport, but the MLB has ruined it.

So much effort for the Yankees to lose in the playoffs again