What I never got was Zombies bite you, you die, and become a zombie. But in the walking dead...

What I never got was Zombies bite you, you die, and become a zombie. But in the walking dead, everyone is infected and become zombies after they naturally die anyways. How does that even make any sense?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=S9QIk2GHGEw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

who cares

It doesn't
its like this because kirkman wants the series to go on forever

funny when someone looks like they have a fever and then they turn in 5 minutes and have rotten teeth all of the sudden

"airborne infection"

the walking dead is pure shit and trying to find any sense of logic is a bigger waste of time than watching the show

if it were realistic the zombies would've all decomposed into nothing by now, they're apparently held together by magic

The fact that zombies are capable of living for literal years without eating and stuff should make it obvious there's no science behind them.

That's another problem with the show. Zombies do decompose on the show, they have showed it. But only when it is convenient for plot. You'll see hundreds of walking zombies that look like they turned yesterday yet Negan for some reason need metal coated zombies because his are falling all apart.

Zombies by their nature defy every single law of biology, physics and chemistry. So why do you care?

because TWD is the only instance of a zombie show or movie using an airborne dormant disease and an infection spread through saliva, with different properties. Just thinking about the dumber parts of twd, excluding the cgi.

Right that's the dumb part. Not people becoming crack shots with guns overnight, the shoehorned drama, or literally every decision Rick and the main cast have made ever.

t. Shane

Airborne plague, everyone is a carrier. Bites kill you through sepsis

They're two completely unrelated infections whose symptoms happen to complement each other well, why can't retards wrap their heads around this?

The majority of the walker extras only get cheap halloween paint. They only give really cool prosthetics for the ones that chew up screentime like Winslow and the one Rosita just killed.

Expert Virologist here.
Let's say that the virus adapts to your body when you die and you become a zombie. In this case when you're bitten by a zombie you receive his adpated virus and it turns you into a zombie.

It could also be that zombies produce a really powerful bacteria in their mouth. When the zombie bites you, you die because of the bacteria, and then the virus turns you into a zombie.

formed in the university of MSN

I wish there was more explanation for the zombies.

>yes, they DO need to feed to stay 'alive'
>eating causes them to grow new 'necro-flesh' over their rotted skin
>they can get smarter

The stupid part was if you got scratched you'd die and be a zombie

They established on the show that they don't need to eat to survive in s3

And they are getting smarter. Last episode had a zombie using a gun, and they developed ways to make a hologram deer to distract rick

exactly what i have been saying since rick said "we're all infected"

walking dead is comicbook garbage made by retards

wtf i hate deer even more now

He didn't use the gun. He mysteriously walked into a piece of wood in just the right way to have the trigger get pulled. But when you watch it you can tell there is no way that would be possible. It was just a plot device to get them into the car.

It makes sense in that people are still going to want to survive and be able to live out their natural lifespans (also in hope of somehow of a cure being found) even though everyone is infected. It's just Kirkman's version of the classic zombie dystopia trope.

Should they all just give up and shoot themselves in the head OP? You don't make any sense.

>But when you watch it you can tell there is no way that would be possible

Because he used the gun and just wants you to think he's dumb.

Why the fuck a zombie soldier would've still had ammo left in his gun is beyond me though

>infection spread through saliva
Wrong do you even watch the show the bite just creates an deadly infection that kills the person

In fact you can survive by cuttin a bitten limb

>Should they all just give up and shoot themselves in the head OP?

Well that would quickly end the shitfest that is TWD; so yes PLEASE. Make a zombie show that isn't influenced by Kirkman's boring shit

stay salty faggot

How powerful are we talking though? It takes awhile to kill you, has just nobody ever tried antibiotics in TWD?

wait fucking what? Sorry i only ever read the comics, and i stopped at a point. there are SMART zombies now? please explain.

Yes they can use armor now

I forget which season but there were people looking for a cure in the beginning. Now it's worthless since if you die from zombies now you have to suck pretty bad

TWD comics originally took place in the "Night of the Living Dead" universe where radioactive rays from a comet caused all recently deceased people to rise, but that was never formally stated except in the ashcan issue.

I don't think bites in the original movie turned anyone into a zombie except the little girl who might have died from a bacterial infection, since she had a fever and passed into a coma, or bloodloss.

As far as I know the comic canon has left the reasons for the dead walking completely unexplained.

TWD show added that stupid airborne virus angle. Zombies' mouths are so dirty that they cause a different bacterial infection that is lethal, or the virus itself is so concentrated in a zombie's mouth that it reaches lethal levels, or by bites is able to infect different tissue types like muscles or skin and is able to build up enough in those tissues where it becomes lethal. I guess if it goes from the lungs to the brain the infection isn't lethal, but the virus doesn't travel from the lungs to muscle or skin tissue. I guess the virus travels from the lungs to the brain through the nervous system or the endocrine system or something instead of by blood, so it doesn't pass from the lungs to the muscles or skin. Who knows, though. It's all fiction and I haven't watched the CDC episodes in years and won't because they're awful.

Well they use to be smarter. Episode one had a zombie attempting to use a door knob, which no zombo now would ever do.

since it doesnt take effort to stab the zombies how come the spikes stay in? wouldnt it be easy to pull them out or push them through?

Because that's a retarded coincidence?

I mean this one is really simple.

Everyone has the zombie virus that enacts when you die for any reason.

Zombie bites have some sort of virus or bacteria that causes you to die. It is only in this way that zombie bites = zombification.

Walking Dead is outstandingly bad and its not like they've explained what the bite actually does but there's literally no reason to believe the bite has anything to do with becoming a zombie, other than killing you.

Most of those spikes are serrated. All of them are covered in rust and walker juice. If you want to touch them while a zombies thrashing at you go right ahead

It takes like a day in the comic and in the show I dont remember desu but theres no enough antibiotics to test anything and rick and co wont waste time on it

Check the last 2 eps of the first season it explains a bit

Just shows how shitty they've gotten with the zombie element. It's so lazy now. Zombies went from the main plot point to the plot device to further the human element in this soap opera.

What the fuck are you going on about? His question was the realism of how the infection works, it had nothing to do with the motivations behind the character.

Is that actually from the show? A 9 year old could do video editing better than that.

Yes. As well as this scene (there's a helicopter pad and a UFO behind rick)

youtube.com/watch?v=S9QIk2GHGEw

skip to 1:10

If I had to guess, I'd say the virus is air born. The bite doesn't turn you into a zombie - it just kills you with a fever and you naturally turn into a zombie when you die.

how did the higher-ups working on this show think they'd get away with this shit?

do they just not care anymore?

fpbp