What will the reaction be when a white guy gets cast as Paul?

What will the reaction be when a white guy gets cast as Paul?

what will the reaction be when they don't cast a midget as the Shadout Mapes?

I don't know but it'll start with "Sooo..."

Muad'Dab

but paul is white

why wouldn't they?
I could see them casting Feyd as a black man though

because of the backlash this got

honestly, having the cast from Empire play the entire Harkonnen family would be fucking great.

But Paul Atreides was white. He was a descendant of Agamemnon.

>Greeks
>White

but he knows martial arts, he must be asian

they'll cast a nigger

ayyyyoooo shoutout mapes

>tfw Chani will be an arab even though she's redhead in the books

wheres that one autist to insist that Paul isn't white because 'muh aquiline nose' or some shit

The book describes him as olive skinned with an aquiline nose. If that counts as white depends on you.

FAATHERRRR THE NIGGER HAS AWAKENED

The Atreides are supposed to be greek looking with black curly hair; Basically Mediterranean.

greeks are niggers

Will his worm body be black?

niggers are niggers. greeks are wogs. get your terminology right, amerifat.

He's supposed to be Greek/Mediterranean

quote the first book where it describes Chani as having red hair. i just did a cursory search and couldn't find it.

white?

You think that's bad? They're going to cast Shaddam IV Emperor of the Known Universe and his daughter, Irulan, as black.

Hyperion is better than Dune

Greeks are niggers

He might have confused her with Jessica.

Sicilians are niggers.

>He's supposed to be Greek/Mediterranean
He's about 1/4 Harkonen too.
His mother Jessica is the daughter of Baron Vladirmir via the BG Mother Superior

I don't think we know what the other half of Jessica was.

The breeding program means that family genes are all over the place anyway.

>You think that's bad? They're going to cast Shaddam IV Emperor of the Known Universe and his daughter, Irulan, as black.
Why is that bad?
I don't give a fuck what colour they are, I'm not sure that it's even specified in the books but if it is, it's hardly an important plot point.

The perfect comeback role for shia tbqhwy

The other half was the reverend mother mohiam. Also, genetically darker complexions usually win.

He was the Duke's cousin. So he'd also be greekish.

Because Irulan is blonde in the book.

>The other half was the reverend mother mohiam
Yeah, that's who I meant. We don't know her ethnicity do we?

Anyway, this is many thousands of years after Earth, expecting alignment with Earth genotypes is stupid. It's really just names after that many years.

somehow i dont think the books ever actually use those words to describe Paul.

They don't but it's heavily implied. Olive skin. Aquiline nose which is common in Mediterranean people. Black hair. Hailing from a planet that is mostly water with many craggy, rocky coast which is very much like a Greek coastline. The Atriedes are descended from ancient greeks (Agamemnon). The book doesn't need to outright say he's Greek for the reader to gather that.

more interested in what guild navigators will look like tho

in the second book it's said that one of them had fish head, don't know what to think about it.

>Paul's attention came at last to a tall blonde woman, green-eyed, a face of patrician beauty, classic in its hauteur, untouched by tears, completely undefeated. Without being told it, Paul knew her — Princess Royal, Bene Gesserit-trained, a face that time vision had shown him in many aspects: Irulan.

Her father (Shaddam IV Corrino) also has green eyes and red hair.

Chani had red hair as well and IIRC Kynes was described as "sandy-haired" in one of the later books. Most Fremen are also probably relatively pale-skinned because they're never outdoors without their stillsuits.

Freman are literal snackbars so they may as well be dusky.

Fuck you, I laughed

or Leto. or Vladimir Harkonnen. or Shaddam IV.

lotta gingers in that there book.

Yes, I read it some years ago but I remember it stating clearly that she was brown. Anyways Fremen are descendents of arabs/berbers

Dune isn't a spaghetti of time travel, with half the characters traveling backwards.

still didn't get a good reason as to why the Shrike tortured all those people, aside from "it's a cool image".

>My name is a doubles word

I think they describe Duke Leto as such

>Freman are literal snackbars

sorry, first time i've heard this expression and i can't stop laughing.

kull wahad!

Jorj X McKie, the protagnonist of Frank Herbert's ConSentiency novels, has Polynesian ancestry and red hair. genetics is weird.

Now that's a glorious get !

See
I barely remember reading Hyperion it was that dull. The Forever War is much better.

>I think they describe Duke Leto as such
I thought he was excellently cast in the Lynch film. Jessica too.

>sorry, first time i've heard this expression and i can't stop laughing.
It's /k/ slang I believe.

>genetics is weird
This is true.

>Polynesian ancestry and red hair
This is entirely plausible though it being visibly red would require some blonde in there. Any future setting would involve shitloads of race mixing so comparing them to present day races is absurd. Names are the only thing that stays pure.

That said, I wanted to talk about the genetics of red hair because it's really cool.

There is more than one way to have red hair and there's a few things that are still being researched but most of the time it works like this:

Two sets of genes end up giving you two pigments in your hair: eumelanin (black) and pheomelanin (red). How much you get of each is based on what versions of those genes you have.

You have a pair of genes which produce eumelanin and based on what you have, these give you a hair colour from black to brown to blond
You have some other genes which produce pheomelanin and depending on which genes and what versions they are, you are red/non-red

If you have black hair, it might actually be red as well but you'll probably never know but you can bleach it which will break down the black pigment quickly and the red pigment slower, get it right and you can reveal the red hair.

Both light hair genes and red hair genes are non-dominant recessive which means that you can carry them without knowing it, this means that neither of them are likely to die out any time soon because they can easily skip generations and pop up again later.

>Basically anything could happen with human hair in the future.

Lynch's Dune left a permanent mark in my brain it was that unique. I've read the books and yes the mini series is far more true towards the books. I still go back to that movie now and then it's still good.

Literally just finished reading Hyperion/Fall of Hyperion. While the individual stories in Hyperion are fantastic, overall Dune is much better. Too many plots points never followed up on/explained/dropped completely or only existing for the sake of "that's cool!" The cruiciforms were fucking creepy until they get reveled as the TechnoCore's retardation parasites. Spoilers I guess.

Reading Old Man's War now, Forever War will probably be next

Hyperion felt half-baked. A couple of the stories were interesting but overall it was just meh. It tried too hard.

>Lynch's Dune left a permanent mark in my brain it was that unique. I've read the books and yes the mini series is far more true towards the books. I still go back to that movie now and then it's still good.
Yeah, the weirding modules were a deviation (and Paul no longer needing them) and a few smaller things but overall it was very. very good.

>Old Man's War
Not a bad book, though really short.

Saw that, felt a bit harsh for the same price as Hyperion considering there's like at least 6 or something?

It would perhaps be possible to compare Hyperion to the Culture series. Some love/hate there.

>It would perhaps be possible to compare Hyperion to the Culture series. Some love/hate there.
Are you sure that you can compare *anything* to the Culture series?

The themes and costume design seemed on point. It felt like the Lynch movie really nailed the Harkonnen's and Atreides families.

I've only read a few of them, Player of Games, Use of Weapons and one other I can't quite remember about a shapeshifter. Seems like the culture AI's would be a more benevolent form of the TechnoCore

B-but user the space Muslims worship him. Thats problematic.

>They're going to cast Shaddam IV Emperor of the Known Universe and his daughter, Irulan, as black.

How is this bad?

Shaddam IV'th gets cucked out of the role of Emperor, and Irulan gets cucked by Chani (Paul never even beds her once).

u think just casting blacks is bad? They will rape the story, change it how they see it fit, devoid film of all unique words that are too complicated for popcorn eating audience. They will make it all about revenge against some bad guy. They will crete completelly new dude who will command worms and be planning to attack Earth. He will also steal the girls of the Paul.

No reaction because neither normies nor tumblrinas have read this, so no one cares.

No. Hyperion is a disjointed mess haphazardly glued together with 'MUH GOD&POWAR OF LUV'.

>Forever War is much better
This user knows the score.

all film theatres must be shut down

Sooo... what version of the 1984 clusterfuck should I watch? Some official or fan edit version?

Duke Leto had olive skin and generally Mediterranean features. Jessica was white. Paul was mixed, definitely not pale white.

He was also 13, though, and I'm sure they'll ignore that as well.

Here I am!

>one other I can't quite remember about a shapeshifter
That would be the first Culture novel (first written anyway) Consider Phlebas. A changeling races to retrieve a stranded ship mind. Changelings were humans, more or less, who had the ability to consciously but slowly modify their body to a desired form, they served as spies in a war against the culture by a religious empire they were allied with.

hands up everyone who wanted to punch Martin Silenus in the face repeatedly until he stopped acting like a fucking dick.

> MUH POTTERY

>They will rape the story

wow. i hope they rape it.. with Love.

>Changelings were humans, more or less, who had the ability to consciously but slowly modify their body to a desired form
Face-Dancer is such a cooler name for the concept.

> mfw we get better discussions of literature in Sup Forums than in /lit/

possibly because we don't have to compete with the philosophags and zizekposters

Wow, I love the new Sardaukar concept art!

>X is a better name
Yeah, this is true. Changeling isn't too bad though. Because it was a book and the Changling is the POV character, it talks quite a lot about how he semi-consciously reshapes his body. He spends a while every night concentrating on the changes he wants to make, on how much the bones need to shrink/grow, the hair and skin colours he needs, stuff like that.

You could probably get better discussions of some shows on /lit/ because you'd avoid posters like >They're going to cast someone as black!

I didn't even get the point of this character, aside from adding some cringey edginess.

>I didn't even get the point of this character, aside from adding some cringey edginess.
Maybe he represents someone the author really hates irl?

KEK