1. Flag
2. Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

pesd.princeton.edu/?q=node/254
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No it won't

it will try but it wont

another civil war?

It won't. And no, i'm not hyped about it.

can spain afford a war? what are their economic fields that will need covering apart from picking oranges, asking for a friend

tourism

their tourism will plummet the moment they start using their army

Yeah come get drunk and high on Barcelona while it gets nuked.

Catalonia
Yes

I'm Hyped to know how this would play out in hetalia--*Shot for being a weeb*

Speak for yourself, watching Spain ruin itself is Europe's favorite pastime.

What, you think they get chased by bulls for their own sake?

It won't happen, but if it does we will have enough of those jokes for all the eternity.

>sweaden for a socalist republic

it's like poetry

I don't really care to be honest, the whole thing is just utterly stupid.

I wonder which countries will recognize it in the event of independence. Obviously Venezuela but they are a joke of a state, also maybe Iran

Bolivia, more like SHITLIVIA

Spain has nukes?

If Venezuela recognizes them then we will thanks our llama in charge.

We will be the first, as we always are.

The urbanites of Catalonia seem to have been least in favor of independence, and if hip city fags don't like it it's usually something desireable.

Why do you have an EU flag that isn't a country
Where are you

I had a morsel of hope he'd be wiser there's a lot of Spanish money here. But yeah Evo will never defy the will of his lord Maduro

UN HQ

Maybe Cuba will recognize them as well.

catalans have no guns = no war

Fucking cheeky cunt

What if they use civil disobedience.
Could that work in Spain?

Good luck to Catalonia in their fight against filthy sp*nish tyrants!

No. Police will detain the catalan government after a independence declaration and it will nullify the catalan autonomous govern, the end, game over

Provence

yes

pesd.princeton.edu/?q=node/254
The right to independence of nations applies in some contexts.
> non-self-governing colonies (examples: former European colonies in Africa and Asia)
> oppression of minorities / ethnic cleansing / genocide (examples: BiH, South Sudan)
> lack of representation in government institutions (Kosovo is usually mentioned as the only example, and it's not recognised by half of the world)
> internal dissolution of a federation by mutual agreement (examples: Czech Republic, Slovakia - although most of the Czechoslovak citizens were against dissolution)

None of these contexts apply to Catalonia. You cannot unilaterally secede from a democratic country [*] because of "muh feels" or "muh taxes". First, calling for a referendum involves a series of steps that Puigdemont's government has ignored - he needs more MPs in the Catalan parliament to do it legally, for instance. Second, this unilateral procedure is strongly unconstitutional. Spain's existence as a sovereign democratic nation is based on the Constitution. If our government and legal system accept this move for whatever reason, the validity of the Spanish constitution and legal framework is strongly undermined [**]. This is a very dangerous move in any modern state: recognising that a national minority is allowed to change the very legal base of your state, appealing to an aspect of international law that doesn't apply in their case.

tl;dr WAAAAAAH FASCIST OPPRESSORS ARE MURDERING THE FREEDOM-LOVING CATALAN NATION

[*] granted, our corrupted, idiotic PP government has done everything possible to make us look like a banana republic in front of the first world
[**] PP and PSOE, the two largest parties, unilaterally amended the financial aspects of the Constitution a few years ago to hide the fact that they are absolute failures at governance, which I guess opened this can of worms

Pic related is Anna Simon, a Catalan qt

Flag
Yes, civil war coming

HOLY FUCK WHAT A GODDESS

Catalonia won't be independant m8.

Flag

I'm incredibly excited for blood to spill on a major scale in the EU

You have my sword.

I feel conflicted.

On one hand we got released on similar terms. On the other hand it doesn't seems like there is much depth to the independence besides "we're better than you and we want more money". Seems like a county breaking loose.

>Europe flag

How come Puigdemont hasn't been charged with high treason?

there's an exchange student from andalucia where i study
but she's really pale
how come? aren't andalucians supposed to be swarthy?

1. Suomaa
2. Why not? There are pros and cons.

Secret nukes. Most NATO countries have American nukes stored somewhere on their soil that they will essentially get to use once a war breaks out. Even though the nukes aren't officially theirs.

Gib back Rosselló you fascist frog.

Maybe i am not that well informed, but didn't you get your independence in part because the Soviet Union fell apart?
I am pretty sure it is not the same.

won't happen
it's fucking retarded anyway

It will be a bloodbath either way.

If you think muslim terrorists are bad, just wait until the catholics get back in the game.

Catalan sports journalist Danae Boronat also makes my benis feel weird

so please Europe, let us avoid a civil war at all costs, otherwise you will end up with millions of desperate Spanish / Catalan women flooding your countries

juncker stop shitposting

>Catalan sports journalist Danae Boronat also makes my benis feel weird

she is no beauty, you say this because she is fake blonde

It's false. First Estonian Republic was established in 1918, followed by a two year war with Soviet Russia. We had a republic for 20 years, similar to Finland, but whereas they won WWII, we lost it and fell to occupation. The release of Estonia was a significant event, but to us it's symbolizes only a restoration. The date is not nearly as important as the establishment date of the First Republic, which was almost 100 years ago. Estonia was a 1000 years in the making. It always had its own people, language and autonomy no matter what empire it was added to.

Obviously being released from Soviet Union was a big and desirable change for us, because we could finally create a free market economy (as opposed to current Russia) and revitalize our national culture, which was closely tied to Europe and European powers (we have many Hanseatic league cities for example). Independence for us was a major cultural shift back to our roots.

Franco tried to stop this regionalism years ago, but Spaniards feel the need to go the opposite way to everything he did and encouraged regionalism leading to the mess today.

Franco was a fucking jerkoff though

>Franco tried to stop this regionalism years ago

yeah oppressing the everloving shit out of regional minorities sure stops them from thinking you're a cunt and wanting to secede

m8 Estonia's independence was a radically different matter. Basically the opposite of Catalonia.
> sovereign country that was part of the league of nations, Estonia was invaded and annexed by USSR in the 40s
> invasion and annexation weren't recognised by lots of relevant countries
> Soviet constitution allowed secession of republics
> (((the world))) was cheering for the breakup of the Soyuz Nerushimy

Nah, Many andalusians have pale skin, if they are swarthy living in andalusia is because of the fucking weather that is hotter than fucking middle east.

Worked for the french desu, he just needed to be less heavy handed about it.

What'll happen to FC Barcelona?

Your cancerous fake country, out of which basically every province wants to go out, needs to die asap. Today Catalunya, tomorrow the Basques.

Not neccesarly.

I've met 2 guys there that could pass as average germans.

People keep bringing it up, even in our own media as an example why Catalonia should be free. They say if we oppose Catalonia we are "sawing the branch on which our independence stands".

Fortunately the official position of the government is strictly to respect the territorial integrity of Spain. To me the Catalonia independence seems like a big meme and basically an empty negotiation threat come true.

Based Juncker

Separatism is a mental illness.

Franco was a traitor and our worst disgrace in the last 100 years. It's because of his HURR DURR ISOLATION BEST ATION, HAIL AUTARKY, LONG LIVE THE CHURCH that we fell behind Western Europe socially and economically for 30-40 years. I'm not even mentioning the oppression of anyone who wasn't a rich Catholic or the mess with cultural minorities.

Being reed from Russia and communism has no real relation to being "freed" from Spain.

EL

I suppose You would have loved being part of the ottoman Empire,

catalans helped the croats during 90s, if the war breaks out we must repay the favor

What happens to the Catalan parts of France if they got independence? Not that they will.

You don't hear much from them because they're smaller (same as French Basque) but from what I understand they're also pro-independence.

1. Castilla
2. Unification was a mistake.

Please stop meme:ing. He is woke beyond your comprehension.

Then it is not the same. Catalonia was part of Spain for centuries, it wasn't anexed by force and it doesn't have the support of other countries like you did.

catalANO

Culero?

A democratic ottoman empire with equal rights for all - yes.

we see sudacas as traitors anyway

implying you have equal rights in bulgaria

there's a reason all your fucking romanis are outside the shop on my street begging

>tomorrow the Basques.
cmon

Population 2mio, with a total area of 7,234 km2

>it wasn't anexed by force

muh civil war

gypsies beg and steal wherever they go, we din du nuffin

based Nebojša

We will never recognise Kosovo i Metohija as a sovereign state

and Solana is a murderer and a traitor

if they have equal rights in sweden, why are they begging then?

Katalonija je Španiji

The only reason you didnt recognise anything is because your country is more fragile than any other in the world. Half of 'spaniards' would slap you in the face if you call them 'spanish'. Time for your fake construct to die.

> implying implications
Fun fact, there was only one military unit in the civil war whose members were exclusively Catalans and they were one of Franco's most reactionary units. Tercio de Nuestra Señora de Montserrat.

And we see Catalonia as the guys starring in some lame jokes, that doesn't make it true.

Can't wait.

>Spain
No such thing

> Time for your fake construct to die
> this flag

>a literal american construct calls anyone fake

They have a offer to enter the French league in case the Spanish bans them.

I think it's exciting to see a new a new country come to life, but what matters are the people living there. The only reason it's becoming a reality is because of the brain dead Spanish resistance.