What do you guys expect from Star Trek: Discovery

What do you guys expect from Star Trek: Discovery

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek:_Discovery

Jason Isaacs as captain confirmed.

Sasha from Walking Dead as Number One, who is supposedly the main character.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JFndIBATrvE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

When has Star Trek ever had a truly "main" character though? I hope the other characters are interesting enough

The bridge crew have always been the main characters. Them and whoever was the chief engineer and medical officer.

This time around is supposed to be just a random mook from the lower decks. Basically the entire show is going to be a Wesley episode.

but a number one isn't someone who's a random mook from the lower decks, it's literally someone who's second in command

I thought Michelle Yeoh was the captain?

I expect it to be kind of okay.

>just a random mook from the lower decks
>Number One

She's the captain of another ship. She's a recurring character, not a main character.

fuck I hate Sasha, she's an annoying ugly cunt.

sasha gets wrecked by negan in the finale confirmed then

>Black Hawk Down
>Green Zone
>Fury
>this

Feel like Jason Isaacs has been severely typecast as "the tough military leader guy"

>This time around is supposed to be just a random mook from the lower decks. Basically the entire show is going to be a Wesley episode.

I mean the Number One is literally second in command.

Even so, why would focusing on a character from the lower decks make it a Wesley episode? A concept being done badly doesn't mean the concept can't be done.

I'm not even interested in this show but I swear to God you guys just look for reasons to be pissed off all the time.

"Thats between you and god"

>Number One
>second in command

I expect a fuck ton of autistic screeching whenever any episode doesn't measure up to the high bar of 'City on the Edge of Forever' or 'Measure of a Man' or 'In the Pale Moonlight' or whatever.

I expect the show to be watchable to poor for the first season

I expect fans to be unnecessarily harsh on it, over blowing small flaws and overlooking positive aspects

I fully 100% expect anything even remotely progressive or "SJW" will be met with their own threads ad nigh infinitum

I expect it won't last past 2 or 3 seasons.

I expect in 10 years time people will be REEEEEing about whatever new retarded direction they take the franchise in while giving Discovery a more fair view just like they did with Enterprise
In all honesty though, I'm not massively optimistic. I hope it will be good, but the production woes worry me. I know TNG had major production woes, but lets face it, it was a one in a million miracle show that was incredibly lucky to reach the third season to get good in the first place. Lightning in a bottle twice and all that.

The Captains number one officer.

Seven of Nine almost sort of became the main character of Voyager.

I mean not every episode was about her, but it sort of did feel like it was disproportionately focusing more on her specifically than any other character.

I mean I get why. She was the new character, she was hot and she's easily the most compelling character on the show besides maybe The Doctor, but still.

Why the fuck are you even in this thread?

I really wish they'd change the look of the ship. Goddamnit it looks all wrong

dont forget the poltards crying that star trek is now leftist propaganda as if it were any different before

>no fuller

At least it won't get cancelled instantly because too much homolust

It'll just depend on how heavy-handed it is

>looks like me
>wears hipster glasses
>owns a fox
MOTHER
FUCKER

Oh fuck off, we all know Sup Forumstards are gonna think it's heavy handed and derail every thread no matter how it is.

>Makes this
>Not a show based on the glorious Terran Empire from the mirror universe

Why?

OK, so it's pretty obvious that Isaacs is going to get La La Landed and die at the end of the pilot, correct? Otherwise what is all this shit about the First Officer being the "main character".

But I think he'll do a decent job and be pretty noble (I actually liked him in the OA) and he will get tossed around semi seriously in "best captain" discussions for his one episode by idiots who would never go for a black female captain.

I think you forget which website you're on.

Pic related.

What they should make is a show about an away team, and the bridge characters should only make minor appearances or just give them commands

Share your Barclay holodeck meme pls.

Terran Empire only really works as a contrast.

Half the fun is watching the actors of characters you already know having a blast playing over the top campy evil versions of them.

Without the contrast, what would be the point other than to just make an edgy show?

Star Trek for normalfags and "geeks". Can't wait!

i expect the autistic fucks on the internet to throw a shitfit about star trek being leftist "now" to appease the SJWs and is pushing a leftist agenda that it NEVER did before.

>What do you guys expect from Star Trek: Discovery

I expect it to suck so badly that it will be canned after 1 season.

>80233453
Homolust God WAS the reason why this show was going to be great. The CBS assholes ran him away now we are left with Klingons that look like fish-lizard people.

It'll just depend on how heavy-handed it is for me*

>injecting politics into a perfectly innocent story about a cola merchant.

It was going to be awful either way. The fact that it keeps getting pushed back is a bad sign.
They should have just done a status quo Trek show, set after the return of Voyager (choose how many years delay you desire) because chronologically this is where we last saw the Trek universe.
New crew and ship of course. Fuck all this rebooting and re-visiting old timelines bullshit, it gives you no scope to expand the universe.

They're afraid of moving too far away from Kirk and Spock.

but by going backwards they've actually moved the furthest. If they continued after Voy they could mention Kirk and Spock and all the others, this way they haven't even been born yet.
Or were they, where does Discovery fit in timeline exactly?

The theme is good
youtube.com/watch?v=JFndIBATrvE

But that's fake.

Damn. I have been trolled. So nothing out?

>Neon Visual

Isn't that the autist who kept making his own versions of the Doctor Who theme because he was determined to be taken on by the BBC?

>The fact that it keeps getting pushed back is a bad sign.
I would rather have a show that gets delayed until it is ready, instead of a show that is pushed out before it is ready.

after ent before tos. around the time the flash back of the first JJ movie took place.

No my dude. It means they have tested it to a poor reception and now the race is on to get it to "barely passable" and push it out ASAP.
A delayed film is one thing, that can possibly be saved, but if you have to make core changes to a serial TV show, you have major problems that a few extra months is not going to fix.
If it were any other show it would be canned after the first series. With the Star Trek franchise name behind it though, it might have a chance no matter how shit it is.

>What do you guys expect from Star Trek: Discovery

From the way they're advertising it and the leaks we're getting from production, SJW shit.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get an un-ironic episode where the gender-neutral staff of the Enterprise teams-up with a race of wrinkly brown aliens that are being oppressed on a nearby planet by a power-mad dictator named Tronaldus Drump Maximus and his legions of oppressive, hive-mind enforcers known as "Rebkugicans" who routinely beat and victimize brown aliens while also denying the objectively super-scientific concept of Galactic Warming.

Test audience are pure normies though. I don't care about what they like (which is for example TWD - a plebby shitfest).

>It means they have tested it to a poor reception
There are no test audiences.

Filming only started in January.

different eras of TV.
Enterprise got the last wave of production companies that were willing to give a show a chance to improve.
but now they will shit can it within the first season because they can replace it with a reality TV show for a fraction of the cost.

Ok, test audiences are normies though.

so par for the course of Star Trek?

>DUDE global warming isn't real, it's just an sjw hoax LMAO
Goodness gracious.

You should not respond to people who pretend to be Star Trek fans and use stupid ass terms like "SJW" at the same time.
>inb4 I don't even like ST

Set it forward in time

I severely hate it in principle for being back "before Kirk" again and faggot projecting hypocrite autists like who already bend over backwards to defend this horse shit.

>I expect the show to be watchable to poor for the first season
Wow, woah, what a shocking defense, they're really bending over backwards for this one.

>SJW is now a "stupid term"

Why? Because it hits too hard a nerve with you?

Trips unnecessary death ruined Enterprise for me.

I don't expect it to be good, simply because they've written themselves in a hole by going backwards. Instead of new and exciting stuff like new discoveries, new technobabble and new aliens we'll get rehashes of the old and slice-of-life drama that I never really liked.

Global warming is a load of overblown hype that idiots use as a political leverage-issue to get money thrown at whatever they want money thrown at.

Looks like you got triggered by skepticism.

I haven't defended it in the slightest, I've merely been realistic. I haven't even said it would be good. Watchable =/= good.

I'm not the one autistically screeching about how unwatchable a TV show that hasn't even been fucking made yet will be.

Stay mad.

No, because it's an asymmetrical counter-concept that offers no analytical insights. You could also just say it's a buzzword since you didn't understand my first sentence.

Nice same-fagging.

>what if we make the world a better place for nothing?! will someone PLEASE think about the poor oil/coal industry?!

Nice boogeyman.

What the fuck is first officer aka executive officer?

This "number one" shit goes back centuries in naval tradition.

fuck off shill

>someone who wants to institutionally impose a loosely defined academic concept of "equality" and "justice" on an unwilling population, and shows aggressiveness and hostility towards those who don't want to accept it

Wow, that was hard

Now, who does this NOT apply to?

The politically unafilliated, which, from my experience, tend to be the majority of the people who would use the term "SJW." There's no way to know for sure since nobody's ever going to dump money into a study about something so retarded.

Yes, there are people who don't care about imposing social agendas on unwilling populations.

>The politically unafilliated, which, from my experience, tend to be the majority of the people who would use the term "SJW."
This was good for a laugh, thank you.

>The politically unafilliated
than they would use it ironicly because they know they are not a real threat.
the only ones who really give a fuck about what the SJWs have to say are the ones on the right side of the same coin.

>people who just want to watch movies
>people who just want to play vidya
>people who just want to read comics
>people who just want to watch sports
>people who just want to work their job in peace

You're going to find people in those categories and more who are everywhere on the political spectrum. They might even agree with some "SJW" ideologies.

>people who just want to watch movies and television in peace
Yes, that's me.

I just want to watch Star Trek in peace without you shitting up our threads to complain about Star Trek being "SJW" for pushing leftist ideology, even though that's how Star Trek has always been.

none of those people will care what SJW/alt Right have to say. they just want to enjoy their entertainment and will ignore your crying.

>than they would use it ironicly because they know they are not a real threat.

Yes, it's not like SJW's are constantly ruining shit and imposing backwards-ass and destructive legislation, or constantly rioting/intimidating voters over the past year.

They are totally harmless and if you don't ignore the shit they spray everywhere you are le evul mean all-righter who voted from Trump and le other side of le same coin.

>constantly ruining shit and imposing backwards-ass and destructive legislation
You're the one who doesn't believe in global warming though.

Please stop ruining our planet by imposing backwards-ass and destructive legislation.

It sounds more like you're a leftist that agrees with many or most SJW platitudes, and are thusly trying to shut-down any discussion that castigates SJW's.

i.e. damage-control

>Number One
But that was something Picard said, it's not a real official title.

>REEEEEEEEEE MUH GLOBAL WARMING YUR RUINING THE PLANET JUST LIKE IN MUH HUNGER GAMES MOVIES

Global warming is to millennial leftists what roads are to statists. It's like some kind of religion for you faggots.

1 piece of good news against 50 pieces of bad news

they are not.
infact that was the far right demanding everything be censored because chilluns and God.

there is a reason this character type is a thing.

Nicholas Meyer, Joe Menosky, Michelle Yeoh, Doug Jones and Anthony Rapp are good news.

You just haven't been paying enough attention.

>pfft it is not real the guys at Exxon and Ford told me so!

>You're the one who doesn't believe in global warming though.

Yeah, there's your problem. There are plenty of people who hate SJW's who believe in global warming, socialized medicine, and other left wing ideas.

I can't speak about other people, but you specifically are downplaying the importance of global warming while providing multiple replies to a single post in order to simulate the appearance of "plenty of people".

Shame on you.

No I'm not. I'm saying that hating SJW's is not a right wing exclusive idea. Don't be retarded.

those would be the same people who hate the far/alt right for them acting the same way.

>oh man this new game is coming out it looks like it could be aw
> YOU ARE FUCKING WRONG! FUCKING SJW PANDERING DEVS! THEY PUT FAGS IN IT! THEY HAVE A FEMALE CHARACTER! FUCKING KEKS! NOT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE FEMALES IS EXTREMELY HOT!

>Jason Isaacs as captain confirmed
he won't be Admiral Zhao, he'll be a mewling puking Prime Directive follower

let me live in my delusions a little longer

>one uses actual political pressure to make needless changes to franchises, for the sole purpose of inclusivity, which wind up alienating all the people who have been loyal to the franchise
>the other complains and boycotts

There's a reason this year's Oscars had poor ratings. There's a reason football almost died last year. There's a reason entertainment is going through major changes right now.

>There's a reason football almost died last year
football's shitty?

I think it might have had more to do with why the same thing happened to Sisko.

Except, instead of Seven of Nine taking the spot light, because she's literally the rape baby of a cosmic deity that exists outside of space and time, is the single most specialest person in the universe, a conduit of the most important event in human history to the point where even said cosmic deities think much of it (the prejudice against blacks) and on top of all that, the literal messiah of an entire civilization, making him the torn in the side of not one, but two major powers too; Seven of Nine was instead uniquely important on Voyager, because she was an alien to the federation ways, but not the kind that you stop and interact with for a couple episodes before moving on, and instead lived on the ship

Star Trek used to be authentically leftist at least. The first Enterprise crew was people from all over the world working together. Uhura was from Africa; Sulu was from Japan; Scotty was from Scotland; etc. The new movies changed that, and Uhura is black American; Sulu is Korean-American; Scotty is still from Scotland, I guess, but the general message now is "America is diverse and shut up."

I expect to catch it after it's been cancelled and on Netflix.

Yes, but that's nothing new.

What is new is their leftist cock-sucking. Hence the new drop in ratings for football.

>DUDE THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT AGREE WITH THE OTHER SIDE ARE PAID SHILLS!!!

Where have I heard this non-argument before?

>they are not.
ITT fact-denial.

How was your visit to UC Berkeley's campus?

Nothing in that post indicates that you were paid to disbelieve in global warming.

You want your pockets hotter for free.

>how dare they try to make more money!
that is free market. CAPITALISM. dont like it? go back to North Korea commie.

>they put something in there that is not in my comfort zone!
>THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! THIS SHOULD NOT EXIST YOU FUCKING LEFTIST SHILLS SJWS!

you extremists are the same exact shit. both of you need to be rounded up and put in to camps for the betterment of the genepool.

>that is free market. CAPITALISM. dont like it? go back to North Korea commie.

A. Then why do they lose money?
B. Having a distaste for something =/= wanting something to be illegal

>you extremists are the same exact shit.

How do you know what I believe in based on a single Sup Forums post?