What are Sup Forums's opinions on Moana ?

what are Sup Forums's opinions on Moana ?
I only just saw it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=REntT1Amvxc
youtube.com/watch?v=Lg_cweoJXyo
youtube.com/watch?v=HKh6XxYbbIc
youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU
youtube.com/watch?v=whnn9ReUV04
youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM
youtube.com/watch?v=VNKuARjkWEg
youtube.com/watch?v=CMaYkN78hOY
youtube.com/watch?v=kzYfRLMtP9c
youtube.com/watch?v=uh4dTLJ9q9o&ab_channel=DisneyMusicVEVO
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

too many forced """"songs""""
Only "Shiny" and "You're Welcome" are good

This movie was garbage

1. Boring characters. Both of them look disgusting. Moana look generic at best.

2. Entire boring plotline on the fucking boat

3. Rehashed backstories. Moana is an Ariel rip off

4. Jokes are flat or they trying to be meta

5. Songs were horrible, so forgetable and not catchy at all. They were mostly spewing exposition in most cases.

6. The forced chicken and little tatooguy tried too hard as typical Disney mascots

7. The cute lovable pig was false advertising, and didn't actually go on the quest as the trailers implied he would

8. That fucking ending, good to know the main hero is responsible for the death of everyone who ever dies, and not only goes scott free, but also gets rewarded

Seriously fuck this movie. A typical production made by black suits and created out of every Disney archetype. Seriously making a main character a woman or black will automatically have critics rate this as 95% on rotten tomatoes. Fucking brainless SJW's.

i liked "I am Moana" and "we know the way"

>moana is an ariel rip off

wat

this desu
why would disney take the chicken with her rather than the cute pig

It's pasta. Just roll with it.

Both teen princess wanted to go somewhere they weren't supposed to go to because they were after something more than their homes had to offer. Their father says no you can't go. They go on their quest anyways in hopes of getting what they were after while sing Disney songs, and accompanied by their cute side kick pets. In the end they are rewarded, and get what they were after while making their fathers eat humble pie.

We already had a wasted A-Sexual (Lesbo) princess goes on a quest movie, and it's called Brave.
Moana is just Brown Brave / The Little Mermaid at this point. Sure Moanas quest , and journey is different, but it's still a quest flick where the free spirited princess needs to learn or get something.

Also in the climax of both films they both battle larger than life sea monsters.

Shiny was only good because it had based Jemaine singing it.

>implying quest flicks aren't better than romance

>Both teen princess wanted to go somewhere they weren't supposed to go to because they were after something more than their homes had to offer
lol

why was the pig in boat in the poster but not in the movie ?

I don't watch computer generate movies, and I don't watch Di$n€¥ flicks so I don't have an opinion.

We wait YEARS in between Disney films like Big Hero 6, and Zootopia to get a new princess movie. Princess films are supposed to include some type of romantic love story. Even if it's the B-plot to the main story it needs to in there. The fact that there's no Prince/romantic in Moana blows chunks!

what would a relationship have added to the movie

Everything, user. Everything.

Axing the love is also being done intentionally to teach little girls that Romance, marriage , and having kids should take a back seat to them becoming cold calculating business woman.

Just another Muh strong, empowered, independent, I don't need no man, female character movie.

Do you happen to be a girl?

WE KNOW WHO WE ARE
YOU'RE WELCOME
I'M SO SHINY

FUCKING BASED SONGS

>2017
>not being a girl

>Complain about Disney movies teaching women unrealistic romantic expectations
>Romance is axed
>Complain about Disney movies teaching women to not give a fuck

>tfw i will never have this bod

>1. Boring characters. Both of them look disgusting. Moana look generic at best.
Moana was pretty generic, yeah, but Maui was broad step in a direction Disney doesn't usually go. I really liked him.

>2. Entire boring plotline on the fucking boat
What are you talking about? Yeah, half the movie was on the boat, but a massive point of the story was that Moana's people were voyagers. Boats were kinda' their thing. Secondly the other half takes place on a rocky little island, the starting island and in literally hell.

>3. Rehashed backstories. Moana is an Ariel rip off
You're gonna' have to explain this one a lot better. I got nothing.

>4. Jokes are flat or they trying to be meta
When? The only one I can think of is Maui insisting Moana is a "princess" because it fits better with the Disney-princess theme. All the other jokes were pretty good.

>5. Songs were horrible, so forgetable and not catchy at all. They were mostly spewing exposition in most cases.
Subjective as fuck. I watched this movie a week ago and I still can't get "You're welcome" out of my head.

>6. The forced chicken and little tatooguy tried too hard as typical Disney mascots
The little tattoo guy we saw fucking once and then never again. The chicken was genuinely funny.

>7. The cute lovable pig was false advertising, and didn't actually go on the quest as the trailers implied he would
You got the infinitely superior chicken. See how retarded your subjective opinion sounds when all I do is spew my own opinion around as fact?

>8. That fucking ending, good to know the main hero is responsible for the death of everyone who ever dies, and not only goes scott free, but also gets rewarded
Moana restored life to a dying world, and Maui was looked favorably upon because he was willing to sacrifice the thing he loved the most to take back his mistake.

>everything you have to do in life has to revolve around a partner even if you have a quest to complete

baka

don't let your memes be dreams

;_;

Hes so ugly
>but he's supposed to be ugly
>but hes a demi god
Say what you want theres just no excuse for making him that fucking ugly.

Better start training and praying

. Songs were horrible, so forgetable and not catchy at all. They were mostly spewing exposition in most cases.
>Subjective as fuck. I watched this movie a week ago and I still can't get "You're welcome" out of my head.
I haven't seen the movie yet, but I've been listening to how far I'll go over and over again

i like the reprise of "how far i'll go"

Exactly. Some songs are pretty god damn good, and have that nice upbeat Disney-children's-vibe thing going.

Not all of them are pure gold, but most of them are sweet.

This is the one I was talking about: youtube.com/watch?v=REntT1Amvxc

>You're gonna' have to explain this one a lot better. I got nothing.

Already did

>complains about forced songs
>lists the only the forced songs as the only good songs

Oh, my bad then. Allow me to explain to you how wrong you are in detail:

>Both teen princess
Moana isn't a princess. She actually goes out of her way to state that she's not.

>because they were after something more than their homes had to offer
Nope. Moana left because the Sea told her to.

>Their father says no you can't go.
You're comparing the fathers, not the daughters.

>after while sing Disney songs
It's a Disney movie. They sing Disney songs in said movies. That's how Disney rolls.

>In the end they are rewarded
99% of every movie ever made. The protagonist always has to overcome some challenge, and is usually rewarded for doing so.

>while making their fathers eat humble pie
This is a bit of a technicality, but I don't think Moana's dad ever ate a fraction of that pie. He was glad to see his daughter again but he never fell to his knees and admitted fault. I will give you that this one is a bit vague.

>I watched this movie a week ago and I still can't get "You're welcome" out of my head.
They aren't timeless, and wont be remembered 15yrs from now. Same problem with Frozen. The songs are generic disposable, flavor of the moment bubble gum pop.

Frozen, and Moana both suffer from shitty modern day pop-songs that sounded like they belonged more on a High School Musical/ Glee soundtrack than in a timeless Disney animated classic.

You are aware that most children exclusively know one Disney song, right? "Let it go". And while I will admit that none of the songs in Moana will outshine it, it's still of the same caliber.

You walk up to any kid under the age of 10 on the street and ask them to sing a Disney song and I fucking guarantee you they will sing "Let it go".

how far ill go is kino

Why does Sup Forums watch kids movies? Is it perhaps because they're kids?

Frozen but now without character development

okay story, good visuals, horrible, horrible songs

>Moana isn't a princess.
She's the daughter of the ruler of her people. Same shit with a different hate on it.

>Moana left because the Sea told her to.
And Ariel left because she got wet when she saw Prince Eric, and wanted to hook up with a human. Their motivation for going on the quest is irrelevant. They both go on a quests to get something they both have a longing for.

>You're comparing the fathers, not the daughters.

I'm comparing the similarities between each film which include over protective fathers that don't want their daughters to leave home.

> That's how Disney rolls.
Tell that to The Rescuers, The Rescuers Down Under, Atlantis:The Lost Empire, Treasure Planet, Black Cauldron, and Lilo and Stitch.

>99% of every movie ever made.
This is part of the overall problem

>This is the one I was talking about: youtube.com/watch?v=REntT1Amvxc
God damn that one is good.

>She's the daughter of the ruler of her people.
Well yes, but it's not a monarchy. You can see the chief consulting with his advisers when the nuts go to shit. Technically if he's not a king, she's not a princess. The closest you could possibly draw that line is that she is going to inherit a position of power from her father.

>Their motivation for going on the quest is irrelevant.
In what fucking world? The motivation behind the character is arguable more important than the actions they take. You just don't want to acknowledge them because they are so wildly different and thus don't support your argument.

>They both go on a quests to get something they both have a longing for.
Moana goes on her quest to put right something that's wrong for the grater good. Ariel goes on her quest because she wants to choke herself on human cock. Moana's quest is a quest of restoration, while Ariel's quest is a quest of selfish desire. They're nothing alike.

>The Rescuers, The Rescuers Down Under, Atlantis:The Lost Empire, Treasure Planet, Black Cauldron, and Lilo and Stitch.
I raise you The Lion King, Aladin, Mulan, Tarzan, Hercules, Pocahontas, Pinocchio and Alice in Wonderland. Unless we're going to count the amount of movies with singing-numbers in them and compare that to a list of movies without singing-numbers in them, and somehow come up with a heuristic to determine how Disney rolls then this is a pretty meaningless argument.

>This is part of the overall problem
No that's the basis of storytelling. Someone has to overcome something for some reason.

I know, right? They fucking nailed the music in that movie. You sound like you'd enjoy Moana.

A lot of the visuals are kino as fuck too. Check this out: youtube.com/watch?v=Lg_cweoJXyo

50 years from now which song do you think will be remembered more as a "Disney song" by both children, and adults

>When you wish upon a star
youtube.com/watch?v=HKh6XxYbbIc

>Let it go
youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

>Hi ho Hi ho
youtube.com/watch?v=whnn9ReUV04

>Your Welcome
youtube.com/watch?v=79DijItQXMM

>Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo
youtube.com/watch?v=VNKuARjkWEg

>50 years from now

>When you wish upon a star
Millennials barely know this song at all. Gen z has no chance. In 50 years you won't find a child alive who can even hum this song.

>Let it go
50 years is a long time, but in 50 years the 10 year-olds of today will still probably be alive, and considering this is essentially the song that defined their Disney-generation they'll probably remember it, yeah.

>Hi ho Hi ho
Again, back to the fact that only a very finite amount of millennials remember these songs, so the generation after them again won't have a chance.

>Your Welcome
A hard nut, but most don't consider Moana a terribly good movie so I don't think it will sink in. But it might, and in 50 years it has a better chance than most of the older ones on this list.

>Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo
See point 1.

Look inside your heart, and be honest with yourself, user. At the end of the day you know that it's a typical production made by black suits, and created out of every Disney archetype.
A frankenstein Disney movie made out of old recycled Disney characters, and storylines. It's a by the book, formula Disney movie in brown, and you know it.

>Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo
I barely remember it.

Hi ho and when you wish upon a star are eternal though.

>Millennials barely know this song at all. Gen z has no chance. In 50 years you won't find a child alive who can even hum this song.
Invalid Response

youtube.com/watch?v=CMaYkN78hOY

youtube.com/watch?v=kzYfRLMtP9c

That How Far I'll Go and foreign gibberish one is catchy.

Catchy songs
Amazing animation
Solid narrative
10/10

mediocre

story was weak but moana was hot

That doesn't make it bad.

It doesn't make it good either.

But it was really good regardless of the """criticisims""" in this thread, which are just shitty pastas that were rebuked countless threads ago. This is the face of people who hate this movie. Autistic, capeshit loving, brainlet pedo manchildren who cannot see a good movie when it's right in front of their eyes.

It was fucking gay.

But that user didn't say it was bad he said it was medicore.

>Complain about Disney movies teaching women unrealistic romantic expectations

I've never complained about this because I understand that it's fantasy. A way to escape from reality.

Only people who bitch about romance in Disney films are A) Males who want the lovey dovey shit to end so the film can get back to the fight/action scenes or B) Hardcore extreme feminists with agendas.

leave polynesian kino to me
youtube.com/watch?v=uh4dTLJ9q9o&ab_channel=DisneyMusicVEVO

>the face of people who hate this movie. Autistic, capeshit loving, brainlet pedo manchildren who

I'm non of those things, and for the most part I hate "capeshit" movies. Funny how this list you created sounds like the list of things trolls/ paid online SONY shills would call anyone who disliked the new female 2016 Ghostbuster film.

>cannot see a good movie when it's right in front of their eyes.

wut?
>Implying Moana is a good movie.
I wish I could say that at the end of the day it's just a harmless, and non offensive disposable kid flick however they fucked that up as well
>Image very related.

>harmless, and non offensive disposable kid flick
This is not a criticism. This is 99% of all movies.
>they fucked that up as well
How? let me guess
>I didn't like the songs!
>le boring sea voyage
>ugh Maui is ugly

>Image very related.
Literally has nothing to do with the quality of the movie.

>Literally has nothing to do with the quality of the movie.

That image is a symbol of the total disregard / I don't give a fuck attitude Disney has when they represent other people's cultures.

Pocahontas would have been about 10 or 11 bloody years old at the time she meet John Smith, however Disney wasn't going to let facts fuck up their Disney Pocahontas McDonalds Happy Meal toy sales.

>Pocahontas would have been about 10 or 11 bloody years old at the time she meet John Smith

Literally he /our guy/. Check out the little whore, she's even shirtless

Where/s the ugly?

Visually impressive. Generic plot. Annoying songs.

>Pocahontas" was a nickname, meaning "the naughty one" or "spoiled child". Her real name was Matoaka
You just know.

Shiny was a solid Bowie style song

What about:
>complain about Disney being unable to find a reasonable middle groud

Moana wasn't cold or calculating though. If anything the movie was teaching girls that no, you aren't special for any magical reason, you're only special when you earn what you want.

Moana repeatedly gets bit off until she comes to the realization she's not special for any innate reason.

??

"??" sums it up. Where is the ugly?

why did they give tomatoa so little screen time? he should've been the main villain not that generic and forgettable piece of shit

Shes just one of many new seeds Disney is planting of Disney Princesses who DON'T NEED NO MAD to live the fulfilling independent rich cat lady lifestyle.

>Elsa an A-sexual who don't need no man.

>Tina got a man, but didn't originally want a man or family. She wanted to open a restaurant business, and ended up with a man by chance.

>Brave's Merida was a tomboy Lesbo who didn't want a bf

Moana is just the latest princess to join the I DON'T NEED NO MAN Disney princess club.

Not an argument. Took you 13 minutes to come up with that?

I don't understand the problem user. Elsa and Moana both had other shit going on. The idea they were fully in love with a male lead didn't bother me.

Nothing in the movie ever implies they won't get married or fall in love. At the time of the movie they had other shit happening. Frozen 2 is happening and they'll probably introduce some kind of love interest for Elsa.

Just make an argument, dumbass. People disagreeing with *you* antagonistic nonsense isn't b8.

>they'll probably introduce some kind of love interest for Elsa.
Fingers crossed, user

>that pic

Brave was Pixar.

>inb4 Disney's writer

Andrews was still orchestrating the whole thing. They rewrote it so much that I think in reality original script is nothing like the movie was, which is probably why it's so bad.

>Just make an argument,
Nice try. 1/10 Sup Forums baiting

lol

I don't know if I'm just getting older or the movies are just getting worst.

But Moana was pretty bad. Super cliched, the songs were unimaginative, it was all a bit too paint by the numbers and polished. Same thing with Frozen

you're not just getting old. The move was watered down shit.

>nigger character
Dropped!