Why didn't he do it?

Why didn't he do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=b-a5WOeM228
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it wasn't plugged in.

nailguns are battery powered

That one isn't

He realised he forgot to put a tarp down.

That would have been actually pretty unsettling
>You only got saved because a crazy guy didn't plug in his nailgun and the moment that felt right to him passed, so he just let you go

where's the lead?

Because he liked her and he had just enough sanity and morality to kick her out before he hurt her

He never killed anyone

Didn't roll dubs.

Checked.

She's the only character in the entire movie grounded in reality, with pure intentions and no ulterior motive. He realizes this

Louis had an ulterior motive of getting inside Bateman's butthole but Bateman let him go

she was too cute

>louis
>top

>unaware of pneumatic nail guns

for fucks sake user, you could have at least googled it before you said anything

Because he didn't check 'em

shit son

IT BEGINS

very nice

I love his expression in this picture. Movie is over the top/satire/whatever the fuck it is, but this picture is great.

Bale should play another character like this before he gets old. This look isnt so common in actors

Your compliment was sufficient, Luis

impressive

Because she was one of the girls with a "half decent" personality like they were discussing earlier in the movie. But, she's ugly as fuck

>Shes ugly as fuck
Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

Because he knows you need to apply constant pressure before the nail gun will fire so she would move before he could actually use it

did they have those in the 80s?

He remembered he had to return some videotapes

he wanted her to check these dubs

all murders were just in his mind, fantasies. This is only time when he actually attempts to kill someone but he cannt

He didn't decide to be in a good movie.

You cant fire a nailgun from a distance because safety

>she's ugly as fuck
HEY PAUL

She didn't know who Ted Bundy was.

Yes you can, you just have to pull the pressure sensor thing back so the nail gun thinks that it's safe to fire. Me and my dad used to shoot tin cans off our garden wall with nail guns.

no. check these

Because he was having a Psychosis.

American Psychosis.

oh yeah? how about these

Check mine dork

check em

nice

We're not gonna have a meaningful discussion about the movie, are we?
These singles have meant nothing

They most likely cut it off to avoid Bale tripping on it.

Nah it's uncertain whether he killed anyone, but even if he didn't kill anyone in reality he killed those people in his mind.

If dubs the thread will evolve into meaningful discussion.

Huey's too black sounding for me

I don't get it. She is ugly

No, he killed people

You like Phil Collins?

Well he's deranged and thus an unreliable narrator. It's clear because absurd things start to happen around him for example when he shoots the police car and it explodes in the film. In the book the topics of the Patty Winters show start getting really unbelievable and other absurd, impossible things happen. So it's unclear whether the killings really do happen as he recounts them.

Where's the air tank or the tube leading to the compressor then? Maybe you're right but from what I've seen of nail guns there should be a tube going to a compressor.

This is embarrassing

nice

You fuckers get this shit right maybe once in every 100 posts I see this shit.

Stop. You're embarrassing yourselves.

Any "digits" poster is a faggot anyway.
"gets" mean nothing, you stupid fucks.

Checum

cuz she dindu nuffin

i don't want to sound le edgy or so poetic
but his weakness has always been people who are or look innocent.

For example in the book he talks about how he sees a young homeless woman sitting on the street and he seems to act awkwardly and even puts accidentally a dollar bill on the homeless woman's coffee cup. When he notices that he acts awkwardly and cringes at what just happened. Same with jean, she's innocent therefore he doesn't kill her.

also
how's those dubs marcus?

Was he, dare I say, our guy?

In the book he also stabs a toddler to death, so I think that theory falls flat.

I was so disappointed when I realized it was just his schizophrenia.

he killed everyone for real

She's not one of the yuppies and, unlike the homeless guy, she didn't want anything.

what if the girl has a good personality
Just think about it

so, she is ugly?

youtube.com/watch?v=b-a5WOeM228

That makes a lot of sense. Most murders are done on impulse. Even the premeditated ones often end up being spur-of-the-moment things.

How many of us have been spared walking past some would-be murderer, because he couldn't remember which coat pocket his knife was in and it just didn't feel right by the time he found it?

>t. I never read the book

The American Psycho 2000 emails (overseen by the book's author) reveal that Patrick married Jean. They have a kid together. Jean however changed and became materialistic, and at the time of the emails they're getting a divorce.

With that in mind I think that yeah, he saw Jean as being outside of the world he hated ("die yuppie scum") and therefore worthy of letting go. He asks Jean if she's happy or something to that effect, and when she replies that she is, that's when the second thoughts on killing her start.

>pure intentions
>I don't wanna get bruised
She was still willing to fuck Patrick right after his fiancee left a message. He should have iced that ho with the rest of em.