32 years old

>32 years old
>already made 2 masterpieces
>already won an oscar
>look like your average 4chaner

So, how's that directing career going for you, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=leH4TRP2kBI
youtube.com/watch?v=gk8C7ZxsJCU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I've never wanted to be a director. I don't even like movies.

Never have I been sure we're looking at a future literal who.

La La Land will age like The Artist except The Artist actually won Best Picture. Whiplash is already "that drumming movie where JK SImmons is great"

He's obsessed with Charlie Parker and he died at 34 so hey there's that

>made his first feature at 26
>huge success
>made several movies with decent budgets
>faded into obscurity after the box
>now spends his life retweeting anti trump stuff every day
>out of work for 8 years straight

>jew
>graduated ivy league school
>jew connections

not fair to compare tbqh

Where were you when you found out he literally stole his music from another movie? Compare these.
youtube.com/watch?v=leH4TRP2kBI

youtube.com/watch?v=gk8C7ZxsJCU

KEK

Nice try

>masterpieces
They are both pretty overrated. Not bad, just not great.

Whiplash was absolutely spectacular.

Vanity and jealousy are unbecoming, user.

>not even out of community college yet
>slowly writing muh scripts

You can't make ME feel bad, OP! I'm not a disappointment yet!

I kinda agree with this. Whiplash was a good movie though, but La La Land is exactly like The Artist minus best picture award.

Don't stray too far from the way director, dishonest filmmaking is a curse

Is your dad a billion or Hollywood elite?

Are you one of the top 15 networkers on the planet?

>tfw I'll never be famous unless I do something infamous like serial kill babies

Sucks man

You can become a meme without killing babies

How senpai?

You could make a podcast like Alex Jones.

Nah but I don't really think that's necessary. I don't want to win an oscar, just create well made stories that entertain people

>I don't really think that's necessary

Why?

>Chazelle was born to a Roman Catholic family[2][3] in Providence, Rhode Island. His mother, Celia (Martin) Chazelle, is an American-Canadian writer and professor of history at The College of New Jersey, who was raised in Calgary, Alberta.[4] His father, Bernard Chazelle, is a French-American[5] Eugene Higgins Professor of computer science at Princeton University, originally from Clamart, France. Chazelle has a sister, Anna, who is an actress and circus performer. His maternal grandfather, John Sayre Martin, Jr., is the son of John Sayre Martin, who worked for Paramount Pictures in London, and Eileen Earle, who was a stage actress.[6]

Yeah, we totally have the same starting point there, user.

Because plenty have done it that aren't

Not in the last decade.

The other option is go to one of the top 5 film schools and then be one of the top 1% that gets noticed which you're not doing because you're in community college

>blaming others for your failures

never going to make it

>It's all up to you. Circumstances and surroundings don't matter.
Yeah, no.

>we totally have the same starting point there, user.
That is a meme.
If you are good you will be successful.
If he was bad he wouldn't be where he is.

Let's say two born born at the same date have the same amount of talent to be filmmakers.
One is born in America in a family of upper-middle class educated people.
The other is born in a dirt village in Turkeministan in a family of peasants.
Totally the same chance and work required of making it.

Who said they would have the same talent?

The Turkmenistan guy could become a prominent filmmaker in his country
Then be renowned around the world

Since in America there is a lot more competition, there could be people more talented than the American in your example, leaving him in the anonymity

this.
In the end it really boils down to who you know or who you are related to

Directing has never appealed to me because i dont have the artistic vision to put a story together with cameras and people.

>Who said they would have the same talent?
It's a hypothetical scenario.

And no, the American will have 1 million times better chances of becoming a filmmaker than the peasant boy in Turkmenistan.

Saying that surrounding have no effect on one's life is ridiculously stupid. It sound romantic and idealistic, but it's not reality.

Pull an Elliot.

He makes great movies but none of them have been lasting "masterpieces". They will be forgotten in less than a decade.

Yeah not the same, nice try though!

There is some serious delusion in here.

Yes you can make it in this world just on work ethic and perseverance. But to say that's all you need to make it in Hollywood is fucking delusion. EVERYBODY wants to be famous. We are taught to want to be famous by the media since the day we're born. Everybody wants to be Brad Pitt. Brad Pitt's kids want to be Brad Pitt. The children of billionaire oil execs want to be Brad PItt. The children of senators want to be Brad Pitt. The children of the people who control who gets to be Brad Pitt want to be Brad Pitt.

What the fuck is your hard work gonna do against people who have hard work and a billion dollars and Hollywood connections?

That's a meme cause if you're a GOAT nothing can stop you from rising to the top.

What better opportunities do is make it easier for mediocre people to rise up. Great people do it regardless.

It's almost exactly the same. He changed a few notes and then called it his own.

Money can't buy talent. When a rich, well-connected kid makes an awful fucking movie, the world just sees an awful fucking movie. The people you're talking about tend to make straight-to-video autistic action movies starring Nicolas Cage.

There's a whole world of films that had a lot of money spent to make them, but never really see the light of day, because they're made by fucking amateurs with too much money

>if you're a GOAT nothing can stop you from rising to the top.

Which explains why there are so many incompetent filmmakers producing garbage year after year in Hollywood right?

You still can't grasp what I'm presenting. BOTH of those boys have the desire and motivation, but one obviously has better chances of succeeding because he was born in a better family and in a better place. Denying that is naive.

Are your referring to "be Brad Pitt" in regards to his acting or his looks?

Pitt isn't even that good of an actor. Obv you can't get his looks cause that's genetic and no connections or wealthy family is going to make you look like him.

Or are you implying only beautiful people become actors?

both lala and whiplash were the ham fisted melodramatic dross that is polished clean to sweep the reviews. None will be remembered past the year they were made

>Money can't buy talent.

Yes it can. Money can buy film school classes and acting lessons and all of the tools required to cultivate talent and connections gets you roles which is most important because experience is how you develop.

Wealthy elite people with connections have literally everything you have and then they also have wealth and connections. Why are you special?

You didn't mention their level of skill. If they're both masters they will both make it. If they're both mediocre yeah one has no chance of making it but not like anything of value would be lost.

Yes, but the well-connected hacks are making shit movies, while the talented kid born in a poor family in a country with no industry makes no movies.

who?

Richard Kelly, the Donnie Darko director

>You didn't mention their level of skill.
I did. Twice. I said both have the same talent, motivation, etc. And I also said one of them has a million times better chances of success.

>If they're both masters they will both make it
Not necessarily. In my example, how the fuck is the poor guy from a poor village in a poor country gonna get into making movies?

But he is pretty bad. Actually, really bad.

Whiplash is amazing, but La La Land is garbage.

>made 2 masterpieces

What?

His only two movies involve around music. He's going to be stuck in that genre and crash out.

All this garbage movies will be forgotten.

Will any movies from 2016 be remembered after this year?

Lol you have no idea what you're taking about. Good to know you make up so many reasons not to follow your dreams though

Sieranevada
Toni Erdmann
OJ Made In America (jk people will never remember a 7 hour doc dont matter how godlike it is, people dont remember Shoah...)
maybe moonlight and manchester

>Dolan
>Masterpieces
lmao, all his movies are laughably bad.
That Wonderwall ratio shit scene is one of the worst scenes ive ever seen no bs

None of those films seem like ones that'll be remembered though.

Maybe among other cinephiles, but as far as films that a decent amount of people will remember AND were well-recieved by critics and the academy.

Most people won't seek out Manchester, Moonlight, or Toni Erdmann even if they're Godlike b/c one's a slow-paced drama, one's about a gay black kid, and one's non-English language (though it is getting a remake w. Jack Nicholson that'll probably be remembered more....)

>"that drumming movie where JK SImmons is great"

Couldn't have put it better.

The other film he worked on (Cloverfield Lane) was a complete piece of shit. This guy is a talentless director/writer who has been riding on the coattails of more successful/talented people.

Whiplash would have been nothing without JK Simmons. La La Land would have been nothing without Justin Hurwitz.

>which you're not doing because you're in community college
>implying you can't switch and transfer later with most of your credits being counted
>he's defeated before he even tried because he never tried
Keep trucking faggot

Whiplash is remembered by everyone and it was three years ago user. It still comes out when talking about music and then movies. It's a unique music movie, there's no other like it, so yeah, it will not be forgotten soon.

>it's a unique music movie

nigga it's black swan with drums. kys.

It's not even a movie about music, or jazz, like many dumb normies like to think. You could have easily replaced the music aspect of it with literally anything. Still would have been the same dumb tale of a retard trying to be da best. Watch more fucking movies.

Eh, true, you have to be good at what you do, but the social envioronment in which you're born has a bigger impact.

he's still several degrees of quality beyond that dishonest fraudster in the OP

>that black curly hair
>those blood stained upper canines
I wish I was a jew too so that I could make it big in Hollywood

Im talking cinephile tho cause normal people opinion dont matter, they only remember shit flicks

Congratulations to him for working hard and getting where he did. I never doubt the work ethic of people in Hollywood. But it is not a meritocracy. Look at someone like Sofia Coppola. Some of her movies/performances have been panned. Some people who could do similar work will not get the chance to screw up like she did early on. Joss Whedon is another guy. He had connections so he got to work on Toy Story at a young age and learn from Disney's best. They had opportunities that people with similar talent will never have. But they made the most of it.

Most people who are on this site will have to work very hard to even have a Hollywood Producer bother to read their script and tell them it is shit. But someone like Amy Schumer or even the cash me outside girl can shit one out and have a shitty movie made out of it.

He's an auteur compared to that retarded piece of shit in the OP

Jesus he looks fucking awful

>It's not even a movie about music, or jazz like many normies like to think.
And with that phrase I already know that you don't know about music because I know, and the people I said that talks about it are all musicians. It's a movie about the students and the music school life (even though it exagerates basically everything). No other music movie has done that, so fuck off, I rather have whiplash, that focuses on the life of the students, than another generic ''genius and crazy' musician'' drama, or another ''true'' story of how jazz was invented.

literally everyone in the mediterranean have black curly hair, it's not a jewish trait when they're a minority even there

That's true. It follows that obsession with a passion thing quite the same way, but black swan was really good.

>working hard
He studied music in college and couldn't cut it as a musician, ergo he didn't even have the dedication or talent to make it as one of the easiest (relatively speaking) professions out there. The only reason he's "made" it in hollywood is because he's a Jew. If anything it's the producers that brought him into the industry that should be applauded for his success. He was even asked by JJ fucking Abrams to direct 10 Cloverfield Lane before declining and choosing to work on Whiplash.

Fair enough.

>tfw most people will only remember Disneyshit from 2016 and every year going forward

Kill me gently plz...

I don't think cinephiles will like La La Land in the future. I don't see anyone discuss The Artist ever.

Probably not, but what's sad is no film from 2016 is really good at crossing over between cinephiles and the general public.

Most of the Oscar-winning films regular folks will never see. It's a shame, but the divide is too great -- not to mention it seems like the public's taste has grown more retarded while critics have grown too political and elitist in their taste.

>His mother, Celia (Martin) Chazelle, is an American-Canadian writer and professor of history at The College of New Jersey, who was raised in Calgary, Alberta.[4] His father, Bernard Chazelle, is a French-American[5] Eugene Higgins Professor of computer science at Princeton University, originally from Clamart, France. Chazelle has a sister, Anna, who is an actress and circus performer. His maternal grandfather, John Sayre Martin, Jr., is the son of John Sayre Martin, who worked for Paramount Pictures in London, and Eileen Earle, who was a stage actress.

>be born in a hollywood family
>fail at music
>but still have that filmmaking escape route

Most middle class people I know who failed at their first career/industry went on to something much less glamorous. A few of them had to flip burgers for a while.

>That's a meme cause if you're a GOAT nothing can stop you from rising to the top.
FUCKING KEK

I knew La La Land fans were naive, but holy fucking hell.

No it's not. Black Swan is a negative tale about how unstoppable passion can drive you insane and alienate you from the ones you love. Whiplash is about how greatness only can be achieved through hard work and dedication.