Disney’s live-action Aladdin film casting Middle Eastern leads

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/disney-aladdin-remake-live-action-adaptation-1992-cast-news-casting-call-a7620031.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KzkNnk0h6xc
youtube.com/watch?v=UBXU8-P5EY4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

and?

Makes sense

Well it's Disney, so they know how to make money, still who wants to see brown people? Especially ones from the Middle East?

WE

Is Jaffar gonna be white?

Ben Kingsley is playing Jaffar

Which black actor will get the role of that little monkey though?

So it will do worse than the other movies and they'll go back on this stance

They just made sure noone is going to see their movie. This will end up like Moana. People don't want to see ugly shitskins in their movies.

you know he will be

Good, it makes sense. There's really nothing to complain about. Be glad they didn't shoehorn nigs or spics

>Middle Eastern leads

I bet they are all british citizens.

I heard they're casting a brazilian

YOU SAW THIS FUCKING POST ON REDDIT YOU FAGOT

GO BACK KEK

>directed by Guy Ritchie
Who keeps giving him jobs? He is fucking terrible.

No I didn't
:^)

hah you got him there

A "classic tale" (or series of tales) so no big deal if they keep remaking it, but the live-action miniseries was quite good.

And fun fact: Aladdin was Asian.

Actually i feel glad in a nion ironical way... if theyve casted Emma Frog and Ryan Spergling as the lead couple AGAIN ill fucking remove myself.

What's with all these damn remakes and adaptations?

that's fine, the story is obviously middle eastern-inspired, this is how things are supposed to be

what's annoying is shoehorning ethnicities into stories in which they obviously don't belong

>Aladdin as Asian

Gee user, I thought Agrabah was supposed to be in EUrope or Africa.

Cool. Why would white people be in 1001 Arabian Nights?

Good luck selling that shit in China, though, Disney. If they don't want to watch black people in space, they're definitely not going to pay to see ancient brown people fall in love.

>John Leguizamo
I don't know how to hate this guy.

>a story which takes place in the middle east will have middle eastern actors
STOP THE PRESSES

Racism memes aside, I haven't liked any of these live-action remakes, and I doubt that will change any time soon. Wake me when they make a proper Hunchback of Notre Dame movie that has good direction and no annoying gargoyles.

there will still be something related to identity politics to complain about I'm sure

aladdin is pronounce allah deen

delete this.

I do because I'm not racist like you poltards and i love learning about me cultures and peoples. Not only that it expands your creativity. Too so closed minded and hate on cultures and peoples is absolutely disgusting.

In b4 muslims are evil blah blah, not all of them how can you vindicate so many people because some of them are corrupt?

Stop remaking my childhood movies fucking jews REEEEEEEE

There is the Middle East, and then there is Asia. We Americans don't go along with the idea that everything East of London is "Asia".

Jim
Carey as genie or no watch

This, I hope white people fuck off from this film.

I want a 100% arabian cast.
Not a fucking paki from the islamist state of London.

Sounds like it's gonna bomb

youtube.com/watch?v=KzkNnk0h6xc

>Middle Eastern actors playing Middle Eastern Characters

So Brits and American Actors?

And with whit hollywood a lister as jafar

heh

They will get that PAKI that was in rogue one, and that slut from slum dog millionaire.
Much feeling when that other chappie Indian get btfo by a real muslim and she actually fucks him

I bet Samuel L Jackson will have something to say about that.

If anything I can see Disney employing a load of British Indians and British Pakistanis and then a load of American Middle Easterners moaning that S. Asia isn't the Middle East.

>who wants to see brown people?
Liberals. SJWs. Presumably other brown people, I guess.

Good luck finding brown actors who are actually halfway decent, though.

Fagets like this

>Snatch
>Revolver
>RocknRolla
>terrible

not enough of them for it to be worth
will have to relay on the brand name

Dev Patel will be Aladdin. Screencap this

is this b8?

I miss Robin Williams every day

middle eastern chicks are top quality in looks department though. why do you think they try to hide them and keep them inside

NO it should be the PAKI from Rogue one, anyhow an Indian gets over a real Muslim I'm going to go apeshit

Fuck that they dont shave their naan and it's always outta control down there

this will be Agrabah pre Islamic invasion right?

...but Jaffar will be white, calling it now

Dont you mean black, Middle East is about to get Mia kalifa'd-blacked.com

jafar is calling

Alladin is the only Disney prince more famous and popular than the princess. 10/10, gonna watch.

Motherfucking Jafar who was at least in his late 50s when he chained up 15 year old Princess Jasmine, dressed her in a red sex slave outfit, (while forcing her own father to watch the physical abuse ) and made a wish to force Princess Jasmine to fall desperately in love with his dick.

youtube.com/watch?v=UBXU8-P5EY4

>We Americans dont go along with factual information

Sounds about right, burgerclap

Amitabh Bachan should play Jaffar

>while forcing her own father to watch the physical abuse
And, while having his evil side kick pet stuff salty crackers down her fathers throat

The man literally did nothing wrong.

>Mentions RocknRolla crap
>Doesnt mention his best film Lock Stock

Nice plebbery right there

Aladdin is chinese in the original story.

Fuck off you chink

implying he didnt just want to improve agribuhs tax policy through a political marriage and eat an apple.

post pics yer daft cunt.

>still who wants to see brown people?

The same people who wanted to see Aladdin? Because they're brown too?

Why the FUCK are they remaking all of the perfectly fine 2D films?

Are they that desperate to force 2D out of existence?

Literally nothing wrong with this. Triggered autists on Sup Forums and Sup Forums don't count. Nobody in the animation was white

My gf white though and she loves Aladdin stop being racist

Cartoons play by different rules.

Disney needs to go out of business.

>What is Jews?

They should have been Asian, but they got brown-washed by those racists at Disney.

>and eat an apple.
wtf I want to improve peoples lives, and eat apples like Jafar now.

When you blame "muh jews" for absolutely everything it dilutes your point.

No they don't

Yea, they do.

not an argument

True, but not for casting middle-easterners for a movie about the middle east.

No idea what you're talking about senpai

I have no stake in it. Good luck Disney.

>tapping out

>No idea what you're talking about senpai
Aladdin is Chinese, or Uyghur at worst.
Disney brown washed the story to make it about sandniggers.
Now sandniggers think it's their folk tale, but it's a myth, like the Islamic Golden Age.

Nothing to gain here until the box office disappointment. I'll chuckle in your honor then.

dubs and jasmine wears a burka at the end

>all these live action versions of Disney Renaissance films
>no new traditionally animated films since 2009
Fuck Disney

not an argument

Is or is not Disney owned by a Jew? So how am I wrong?

From what I just read, the story is set in China, but that's about it. It isn't a Chinese story, and it doesn't even use Chinese royalty names and other shit like that. So the setting doesn't seem to matter at all and they just picked China for it to be somewhat exotic, and getting bogged down about this detail is just pedantic.

The truth will set you free.

>cast middle eastern leads
>AYY YOO ALLADIN AND DA ANCIENT ARABIANS WUZ BLACK N SHIET

>still who wants to see brown people?
It could work if they cast the right young girl, and guy, but you know they wont. They'll cast people in their mid to late 20s to play the teen prince, and princess.

Stores and myths get localized when they travel to new lands. Aladdin is a bastardization, and ironically it was added to Arabian Nights by Europeans.
lol, got a suck being arab and literally stealing the culture from everyone else since you have none of your own
No wonder they are so angry all the time.

If it was owned by a Turk, would you blame all the Turks?

>Aladdin
>1992
25 years later all the kids who watched it have kids of their own. Double the audience!

Might as well get Gilbert back at least.

i'm 25 and virgin so u ripped urself there mate

This is going to happen.

I watched the movie recently and it was weird seeing her dad saying PRAISE ALLAH.

I wonder if they'll do that in the remake.