What are some films about the unrelenting, never ending, all destructive force of time?

What are some films about the unrelenting, never ending, all destructive force of time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jqjuCPMMSIw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory
youtube.com/watch?v=-5Yx2TnN9mc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who else /cringe/ here

Once Upon A Time In America

Das Boot

Gunbuster.

This. Perfectly fits OPs description.

Boyhood

groundhog day

Literally In time

Give it a chance bros it feels like comfy 90s scifi

So what is it?

Zodiac

/thread

I think the most disgusting part for me is how often "time" is seen as something positive in movies. People grow wiser. They become happier. Sure people die around then but they still become better people than at the start before the time skips.

Something that portrays time as something sinister and soul-crushing would've been great. And I can't name any really.

Synechdoche new york

Benjamin Button

Such a god awful movie.

As Good as it Gets is comfy core

12 Monkeys

Wild Berries.

Somewhere in Time

For me it was an entertaining film that had an idea that could be kino. Wasted potential but still comfy.

See It's literally what you and OP are looking for.

Benjamins button

Dark Souls is about how if you give everything enough time, it falls apart, but there's no movie like that game. T_T

The Tree of Life

once upon a time in america

Dr. Strange

>there's no movie like that game
There's plenty of shit movies out there.

hey
hey guy
kill yourself :)

the langoliers

So?

Click

Really Sup Forums?

Irreversible obviously

Umberto D. is top tier oldman kino.

retard

This 100%

Pleb

Interstellar

>thinking that the concept of "time" isn't some retarded human invention
Grow the fuck up

We have to quantify aging somehow.

Timecrimes

You do realise that this is immediately disproved by the existence of time crystals, right?

Synecdoche, New York

sorta

>a theory is real
When it EXISTS get back to me

I hate this film so much but this.

But it isn't a theory. We've created time crystals.

I knew some retard would say something like this the second I read the OP

If time runs out where does it go?

up

and away

There are only two things that last forever. Time and death. Eventually, when everything else is dead, time itself will die. Then, at last, with the only thing left in existence is death, death itself will also die.

My first thought actually. I want to slit my wrists now.

youtube.com/watch?v=jqjuCPMMSIw

have some audiokino bros

Who else /afraid to die/ here?

I'm still waiting for that Godwin's Law subtheory about how some autist will eventually mention Dark Souls or Bloodborne in any unrelated discussion.

i really don't care anymore

*tips Stephen Hawkins*

Same
Who else /lazilyawaitingdeath/ here?

who /afraid to die never having lived/ here

Entropy is a thing, but I guess you knew that being a smartmen.

Woah there with the John Donneposting.

a theory in science is real
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

The never ending Storyeeeeeyahhahahaaaahaaahahaaaa.... The never ending STOREEEEEEEE!

Ah, Crow's theory:

Some annoying pseudo-intellectual reminds us of a theory regarding a subject cropping up "given enough time" despite the fact that, with enough time, literally every word that will ever exist will be spoken.

When you die, having lived or not has no matter.

FOREVER YOUNG

I WANNA BE FOREVER YOUNG

Fuck that song. I still feel sorry for my old music teacher when she put that on and you could see the small touch of regret and despair on her face.

>tfw 6 years old and that song still giving you chills about the rapid inevitability of old age and death

I welcome the idea of death. Honestly, not even trying to be edgy. I don't act like it in real life, but I really wanna get this living shit over with. I'm not religious, but I still I feel like death comes with answers.

The Virgin Suicides

>tfw listening to the upbeat version and the sadness gets replaced

youtube.com/watch?v=-5Yx2TnN9mc

absolutely everybody in their right mind is. dont believe anyone that tells you different

I looked them up and I still have no idea what they mean

Twin Peaks season 3

The Time Machine

I used to get really anxious thinking about death and stuff when I was about to hit 30.

But now at 32 I don't think about it that much.

Every couple of months the terror of nothingness after death creeps into my room and gives me a mild panic attack, but I always brush it off and immediately feel much more alive than I have ever been previous to that moment.

unless you're retarded, you're afraid to die by default. That's how you made it this far.

Doesn't it mostly go in waves? When I became 20, I thought my anxiety for death that I felt strongly during my teens completely gone. And now as 25 I feel it come back stronger than ever before.

Who else here /almost30andlifejustgettingstarted/

>When I became 20, I thought my anxiety for death that I felt strongly during my teens completely gone. And now as 25 I feel it come back stronger than ever before.

Literally me, you are not alone. Didnt have a single "episode" from 18-22, then BAM they started coming back. I think I've matured enough to be able to handle it better.

The Shawshank Redemption

is not the final message of course, but it's a strong threat that the immates prefer to avoid, they'll either die inside or feel tossed outside unable to adjust to the changes the world experienced while they were locked.

Growing old is scarier to me.

First there is the regret. You are old and can't go back in time. Your opportunities are fewer and fewer the older you get.

Health problems. You might get health issues that will make it hard for you to move and will make you feel pain ALL THE TIME.

You might become incontintent.

You might get some kind of cancer that will require painful treatments.

Or you might develop dementia.

Being at the mercy of strangers to care for you.

Also there is the constant dread of dying any moment from a heart attack or brain bleeding.

>I read this on facebook and it sounds smart so it must be true
Faggot

2 for one maymay in production

(You)

And then not being allowed to sudoko because of other peoples feefees

should people be mercy killed before that?

Logan

>tfw the statue of liberty was 29 years ago

>that moment of depersonalization when you realize that you will die and everything you've experienced will cease to have ever existed from your point of view

>yfw afterlife

it's hard for me to accept that I'll never get to experience anything ever again
not being able to look, feel, think, hear ever again
I had general anesthesia once, it was as if I had blinked and hours had passed, I imagine death will be something like that as well

>When you realize that life is just the means of decaying DNA desperately attempting reproduction before the DNA hits great decay and kills the host only so it can live on in the child
Our DNA is like a virus. And we're the hosts that are meant to keep it alive. Only instead of just a capsule like a common virus, our DNA builds great creatures of thinking and feelings. And it throws us away just as easily.

B-but you didn't exist for millions of years and you didn't care... How can you fear something you won't even be able to feel?

>tfw no gf
>tfw to intelligent to obey DNA

I wish that argument worked on me, but I can't help but feel fear
guess it's an irrational fear