/who/ - Doctor Who General

Silence in the Library Edition

Last Weeks Episode of /who/:

Other urls found in this thread:

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Cyberman_(Mondas)
youtu.be/3Dm3HHBj6gA
youtube.com/watch?v=72J8MZ7gRZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

As people have been saying, it's obvious Capaldi's last episode is going to feature the Library, le capaldi dies to bring back River Song.

tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Cyberman_(Mondas)
>The Cybermen, also referred to as Cybrmn when they released a computer virus which destroyed all vowels,

The Doctor: It's the end, but the moment has been prepared for.

Bill: So he was The Doctor all the time!

kek
>he hasn't read Vrs

Reminder Weeping Angels are in episode 6 written by Moffat. They attack the Catholic Church, Missy gets sent back in time by them. The Weeping Angels are Male in this ep.

>people

ALL ABOARD

Trying to not abandon you /who/

No Dalek in this hype train? Do we really hate them?

Nice one!

THERE BETTER BE A PROPER FUCKING ARC THIS FUCKING SERIES! I WANT A BIG BAD VILLAIN! I DON'T WANT ANYMORE ''LE HYBRID'' CANCEROUS SHITE!!

Thank you based schlemmy

Fuck arcs.

Can we slip an Orford in there somewhere

>Let's stick to classic Who - as I often say to my wife, Sue, when we settle down for an evening's telly (she has excellent aim when throwing things).
Is Moffat literally Neil Perryman?

Everyone who's a real fan has a wife named Sue.

Fuck arse.

Rude.

Why? Nothing wrong with fucking some arse.

GLORIOUS!

Is it any good? Can you give me the whole enchilada?

>Can you give me the whole enchilada?
>enchilada

It's just a gag by Lawrence Miles included in a short story compilation.
>nd n th yr tw thsnd, th Cybrmn rlsd th cmptr vrs tht dstryd ll th vwls.
Whoever edited that Cyberman article was having a laugh.

Mexican food is SHEEP u fag.

are you guys all americans or something

Irish.

Where in Oireland m80

I fart a lot, but no

>Whoever edited that Cyberman article was having a laugh.

No, they were an autist. TARDIS Data Core has a page for every mention of toilets ffs.

Stinky Dublin.

Me too. Tis a right stink hole

Only me.

What part of Somalia does your family come from?

Mexican detected

Shoo shoo Pablo

That would be me

Feels so good to be from Blighty.

Dubs as nice as Peri's

>posts two Sixes
>gets double 6s
Noice.

ANTI-PLASTIC

NO NOT THE MIND PROBE

FAN-TASTIC

I know I'm in a minority, but liked the Doctor/ Clara hybrid arc of series 9.

The Return of Doctor Mysterio Twelve>Series 8 and 9 Twelve

Dub buds, what part you from? i'm in the Lucan area.

youtu.be/3Dm3HHBj6gA

And now this will never be resolved
If class was ever canon it has ceased to be

Down near Dun Laoghaire m80

not canon

>mfw i understood heaven sent on first viewing

>there's a character named Cardinal Angelo in Episode 6

Angels confirmed.

Not trying to be a dick, but Heaven Sent wasn't even complicated. The Big Bang or series 6A might've taken more than one watch, but Series 9 didn't.

It was better than Missy stalking the doctor and clara for no reason.

She put them together. There was a reason.

>the big bang
>complicated
go to bed moffat

a retarded one

First episode of DW I watched. Just happened to be on when switched on TV that evening. Been hooked since.

Superb 2 parter.

I can't wait to see what they have got in store for The Doctor, Bill and The Watcher!

If more people knew what the word "convoluted" meant and had used it to criticise Doctor Who instead of calling it "too complicated", like people have been doing since circa 2011, then maybe Moffat wouldn't have been so dismissive of criticism and would have put more effort into writing more logical and satisfying stories.

I swear to God if the first ep of S10 starts and the titles are out of sync imma be so angry

haven't seen this meme in awhile. nice.

>THERE BETTER BE A PROPER FUCKING ARC THIS FUCKING SERIES
The biggest problem with the Moffat era is his need to create a "proper arc" every year in a show whose structure makes them difficult to do without distorting and limiting the stories.

If you have a large cast stuck on an island or a space station or a similarly-named but different space station, and a war starts around your space station, the rest of the season has to be about that war.

If you have a cast of two or three traveling through time and space, and a war starts in 17th century England, next week you're on a 30th century alien colony so who cares?

Just because Moffat's shit at arcs doesn't mean they can't work. RTD was at least decent at them.

Yeah but RTD was a much better writer

Ah lads I'm from Dublin too!

Dublin 7, Navan Road area

But it just means "too complicated."

>rtd
>arcs

Having a word appear in every episode is barely an arc tbqh

No, RTD did things that weren't arcs and called them arcs anyway. The word "Bad Wolf" appearing all over the place is not an arc. It has no effect on any of the stories, it only effects one scene in the finale. And even in that scene, it's just a silly technobabble explanation that could easily be replaced by a different one with no effect.

Forcing the "bad wolf" meme on the viewing audience to keep them exciting is clever marketing, but it has nothing to do with the writing.

THAT'S NOT WHAT THE FUCKING ARCS WERE END THIS MEME REEEE. THE RTD ERA HAD ACTUAL CHARACTER AND STORY ARCS.

go to bed steven

Story arcs are when there's an overarching season-long plot, something people expect from SF shows because of Babylon 5.

Character arcs are the result of decent writers handling characters naturally dealing with the events that happen to them, and are something that happen in any show that isn't a reset-every-week sitcom.

They are not the same thing.

2005 - 2010. The true golden age. Then Moffat took over and Russell grew a mustache and it all went horribly wrong.

>Russell grew a mustache
Hey, that mustache wrote Wizards vs. Aliens. You got a problem with that?

bring back based russell
not a single bad episode during his run
a couple of meh ones sure but nothing shitty like moffat era

Low quality bait there mate.

>le love and monsters was shit meme

name a "shit" episode then and I can name 10 more moffat ones
face it.

RTD>>>>Moffat

Wew lad, 3 Irish anons in /who/ based.

GARETH ROBERTS REDEEMED

>Wizards vs. Aliens

We all know who the real genius behind that was.

youtube.com/watch?v=72J8MZ7gRZI

Wow. Just wow. Flick through this episode of Death in Paradise.

Kris Marshall just IS The Doctor.

Those eyes, the gestures, the way he carries himself, the way he is around people.

13 is going to be GOAT.

4 if you count Northern Ireland.

Love that RTD thought Planet of the Dead was Gareth's best work.

(Although, to be fair, maybe it was before RTD demanded three rewrites because he needs more Chelonians and then changed the whole thing around himself to remove the Chelonians the day before shooting…)

Norn Iron best Iron

Alright lads, there's 4 of us, time to meme Kris Marshall into adopting an Irish accent so we finally get the Irish Doctor.

>Ever doubting the eternal wisdom of Gareth

It is has to be an incomprehensible rural accent though.

>tfw when the first Irish Doctor has a 1960s BBC fake Oirish accent

>Kris Marshall in an Irish accent

Not just memeing Aidan Gillan straight in

How many accents did he have as Littlefinger? 10?

So what's this about 12 supposedly keeping something in Bill's university? Weeping Angel? Mondasian Cyberman? The Hydroflax body? Bullshit?

Reminder that Missy regenerates into a young early 30s male in Series 10.

>Story arcs are when there's an overarching season-long plot
And the RTD era had that. It's not like every episode is "This Season's Plot: Part X" but you can describe the plot of each series beyond the just listing off the separate adventures, something you couldn't really do for most seasons of Classic Who, especially in series 1 where almost every episode ties directly into the finale.

He's keeping Kris Marshall locked up in the university basement.

The Hybrid arc was fucking shit.
It was literally Moffat going
>Ok so we need a story arc this year
>But what?
>'Hybrid' sounds cool
>But what does it mean?
>I dunno, I'll figure it out later

Literally made up as he went along.

was ashildr the hybrid? I forget

No, it's worse than that.

Moffat said we don't need a story arc for S9.

Then Moffat loved the script for The Girl Who Lived so much that he decided Ashildr has to be The Woman Who Lived and stick around for the rest of the season, and rewrote half the remaining episodes to cram her in, forcing an arc out of her.