One of the best remakes ever made

Prove me wrong.

>city act

kino

It was too fucking long

boring as fuck. nice film to put you to sleep tho

The extended version is about 3h 15min. Jackson loves long movies.

i fucking hate it when critics/faggots say this, most people can easily binge watch several hours of a TV show but if a movie is over 2.5 hours they get triggered.

This Kong looks better than the new Kong.

>Kong doesn't fuck Anne
what's the point?

i saw it on my b day in like 4th or 5th grade. good times, ill always watch it when i have the chance. its pretty spooky at some parts too which i really liked

tv shows have natural breaks between episodes, movies are a commitment

That iceskating scene though

It also spawned one of the best movie licenced video games ever.

AH I'M DRY

they were to sympathetic to the gorilla. I don't want to see gay ice skating scenes

The new one tries to look like the original. Not sure why when the movie is not a remake of the original story.

The CGI still holds up pretty well except that one long pointless scene. Pic related

Jackson and Weta's Skull Island was fucking immaculately designed, monster and atmosphere-wise. The new movie won't have half the character of this version's natives, bugs or dinosaurs. I bet NuKong doesn't even fight a T-Rex, does he? Just Memecralwers?

ONE MAGAZINE ON BACKUP

>just green screen my shit up

That shows how much they cared about the movie. I should get that book.

This.

I mean, it's good. The acting could be better. But it just dragged at a certain point and everyone in the theater cold feel it.

first act is way too long and the movie spends waaay too much time focusing on minor characters that get little to no payoff (kyle chandler, colin hanks, the captain and his surrogate son). andy serkis was awesome but still feels underused

I don't think i've sat through it from beginning to end

God no the t rex fights were cancer and it looked so dull

thanks Kermode.

no for real the only problem with it is the CGI (especially on the stampede scene) but the reason Hollywood love CGI is on 25 years they going to make billions of dollars by just updating the CGI and coming out with the same movies

Just saw it today.
The new film has some pretty kino visuals

It's a damn good book, more than the new movie will ever have, it being an obligatory origins movie and nothing else.

>tfw my mom stole this game from me when I was 11 to pawn it because she thought it'd be worth the most money since I had the most fun with it

Fighting off giant centipedes and raptors with nothing but a bone I picked up off the ground was intense. Ammo was scarce, an so were the man-made spears that broke after a couple uses.

Your mother was a junkie dude

There was also a really cool and well made fake documentary about the discovery of Skull Island in the special features of the movie.