What went so wrong?

>s1 - best series
>s2 - garbage
what went wrong?

>what went wrong?

your taste

DUDE AYY LMAO

Your mother didn't smother you in the crib.

I really don't understand all the love for Season 1. The pilot was good, but then it just gets so fucking stupid so quickly.

It was stupid, but it had good acting, which you cant say about season 2.

I liked season 1. It had great acting from Billy Bob and Bilbo. It also had a few Coen-y characters.
BUT s2... It was fantastic. It had Coen allusions every episode, Coen-y characters right-and-left and was a modern day western similar to No Country. That jail hold up scene was GOAT and Ron Swanson was great!

but you can

Season 2 shits on season 1. Everything about it was better.

Season 2 was just as good, if not better in some ways.

you really can't.

the entire production felt like film school

this, it really went full retard after Gus shot Molly. it all seemed so arbitrary and ridiculous. Even with the aliens at the end Season 2 is much better

muh aliens

Season 2 was better in most ways. More solid plot in every way, the whole arc where bilbo framed his brother by planting that hammer was bullshit.

There were no aliens. Only flashing lights in the sky that distracted people. We see what they think they see.

I thought the casting was the strongest part of both seasons. The writing in season 2 was still flawed, but overall much better.

...I just hated everything about Billy Bob's character, and I still don't get how this is an unpopular opinion. He's the kind of character that an autistic 12-year-old would dream up, on a night when he's particularly angry at his mom. He's the television equivalent of that "Shadow the Hedgehog" meme, adolescent edginess personified and made superhuman by plot armor.

Especially since he was only really useful to the story in the first episode, and then right at the end. In the middle, the writers were pretty much just killing time with him with that stupid, utterly pointless storyline about the fake Biblical plagues on the supermarket guy.

The Lester storyline was better. Martin Freeman was really great in that role. But still, as the series went on, they just kept "raising the stakes" and plot-twisting until it was impossible to suspend disbelief and take it seriously on any level.

It seems like the writer imagined the pilot & the finale first, didn't expect to get picked up, and had to come up with a bunch of filler really quickly to make a full season of television.

I didn't think Billy Bob's character was that bad, he was pretty cool in the first episode, we just saw way too much of him.

Why are people so upset over the flying saucer? Season 1 had some pretty surreal moments too: a super-secret hitman cabal in the middle of the desert, the fish incident, Malvo taking on dozens of goons by himself, etc.

this

AYY

Where there really any Malvo scenes that were as unrealistic as postal native guy in season 2?

Who would win in a fight?

The one where Malvo kills the native guy

Malvo won in season 1

Both seasons are great and Fargo is one the best series of recent years.

The Leftovers is better.

S2 was way better than S1 though, faggot.

Even the shittiest characters in S2 were better than tumblr-cop and Tom Hank's failure of a son.

Fargo has the benefit of not having an ending written by Lindolf so it'll probably end up on top by the end.

I couldn't finish season 2

Thinking about watching 3 though for MEW

I really appreciate that they included the alien scene. It's pretty much what was missing in Breaking Bad: a small little fuck you to the people who mistake it for a ganster crime show.

How can you compare S2 with other shows?
OP is comparing S1 to S2, not to other shows.

That's not True Detective.

dude season 2 is great
after watching season 2 season 1 just didn't blow me away as much

Season two It Joni was just a better story. It had better pacing and had some really intense scenes. Every episode had some scene where the good guys were completely outnumbered and that shit was nerve wracking

>kitchen brothers easily get the drop on main cop
>second cop becomes intimidated by kitchen brothers
>main cop goes to the ranch and is outnumbered and still holds his ground
>cops get slaughtered in the massacre

AS A SPY

>fpbp
>dubs don't lie
Season 2 was god tier

Season 2 is better.

S2 is LITERALLY better though.

Pleb spotted. 2 > 1

Mike Milligan is genuinely a great character with a great storyline. His arc alone is better than series 1.

>your fucking face when this scene

I was sweating with a nervous laughter.

My gf who was watching didn't seem to understand it.

Malvo literally killed him tho.

fug

I too think S1 is extremely much better than S2, but S2 was fun enough.
Looking forward to S3. Wish we could see more of Martin Freeman, though.

She was probably looking at Patrick Wilson's legs.

no homo

The scene was alpha af.

Literally perfect example of "women don't understand"

This was the most intense moment of 2015 tv

Based Patrick Wilson policeman

I thought it was intense as fuck. Made me feel extremely uncomfortable.
I'm also FEMALE

See, there's a lot of shows where that scene would have meant nothing, but even at that point in the show you genuinely care about the characters involved. It's really, really fucking good.

Another great scene is the lawyer trying to persuade the Gerhardts not to attack the police station. It's funny, but it's also incredibly tense.

Leftovers is fucking trash

Am I the only one who... likes both seasons?

Season 2 is legitimately TV kino. I might have to watch it again.

The way it ramps up in intensity is really well done. It's amazing that it's still so underrated.

Will season 3 be good?

Such bullshit, they added that in so dumbasses could go on message boards and say this.

99% of people do. Some might prefer one of the stories or actors to the other but there isn't any quality difference.

This is just like Quake and Unreal Tournament.
Everyone loves both, but will still shitpost about the other camp until we turn blue.

What is it that makes the Fargo series so good?

Mood and characters.
It's Lynch with a bit of humour and less pretentiousness.

So, the coens

stupid question

I don't think they are very good, to be honest.
No Country For Old Men was a nice enough movie, though.

>why was it good
>well I don't know
why the fuck...