Pearl Jam

Crazy.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qN4NYVNZH3g
youtube.com/watch?v=7iNbnineUCI
youtube.com/watch?v=wTP2RUD_cL0
orig03.deviantart.net/2188/f/2015/019/1/0/the_maxx_julie_by_kuropop-d8ek0oe.gif
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All of those are shit. Mtv was never good.

>when his birth year starts with 2

>You got a lot of nerve to call yourself a pioneer when you're too god damned conservative to take REAL chances

>you say lady gaga I say metallica

Yeah bro, all these kids were born in the wrong generation amirite fellow 90's kid?

MTV used to be much more interesting. You can tell by the bumps and promos alone.

youtube.com/watch?v=qN4NYVNZH3g

And yea, the music being aired was largely better. MTV is like Rolling Stone magazine: they still exist but are culturally insignificant now whereas they were once the coolest, hippest media outlets. Trendsetters.

No trend ever starts on MTV anymore except for when one of their reality shows hits the spotlight or a scene from Catfish goes viral.

Mtv killed the music industry. It made music more about image then the music itself. And made it difficult for a band to even get famous unless they had thousands of dollars to spend making a music video for a single song that costs more then an entire album does.

I remember watching the Top 100 every December..

the early 90s make me feel weird. I was just a kid, but I remember all the older kids. Like I remember my babysitter and her ~19 year old "cool" boyfriend and I just think about how the last I heard, the guy and her had some child together by accident and both have shitty jobs.

thinking about how cool and hip these people were and what miserable fucks they are now feels me with some sort of dred for some reason and I dont like it.

There's a 90s song for this exact feeling

youtube.com/watch?v=7iNbnineUCI

I remember when the VMAs were actually a thing, and people talked about them at school the next day. People were like "did you see that dude from Nirvana throw his bass up in the air and it came back down and hit him in the face?"

I used to come home from school and watch House of Style, The Grind, Beach House. All pretty much just to hopefully catch a girl in denim shorts with a bikini top.

t. guy who is as old as fuck

>derivative "alt" rock
>good
I remember when I was 12, too.

Not true, the seeds were planted long before that

It's jarring that the era is over, if anything. Like Taylor Swift was the final universally recognized pop star to ever live.

MTV used to be a general audience channel.

Then they started analyzing their market and they discovered their primary demographics were 15-25 year olds. So they exerted effort to better target those demographics. Then everyone involved in that got hit by a bus.

So they analyzed their market again. They found their primary demographics were 12-20 year olds. So they exerted effort to better target those demographics. Then everyone involved was hit by another bus.

So they analyzed their market again. They found their primary demographics were 8-15 year olds. So they exerted effort to better target those demographics and that is where we are now.

time go on an offspring kick

So 8 to 15 year olds don't even want to hear music, they only want to hear how shit white people are?

OP, I was 14 in 1992 and it hurts to remember how good things were back then compared to how shit they are now.

fuck

>that shy/weird kid who was pretty cool but sometimes annoying who ended up making his way into the popular kid circle in highschool, but then they all went off to rich kid college he was too poor for and had to get a mcjob, started doing drugs, and died in a drunk driving accident

there's nothing wrong with liking lady gaga

youtube.com/watch?v=wTP2RUD_cL0

Three generations was enough for people to develop a delusion that things would keep getting better forever

1946 to 2001 was a pretty good run

No. They ditched their music focus a while back because no one was paying attention to it.

then they tried the nostaligia tactic by brining back their old shows and trying to recapture 90s vibe shit, but that also failed

so this SJW shit is a last ditched effort by them. Its horrible to. Their videos on youtube usually get like 500 views max

college age kids might like that shit, but the average 15 year old hates it.

She's the worst one album wonder since Alanis Morisette though

Fuck I miss that. Loved the 100 greatest videos of all time thing they did in 99.

>see an ad for "Jagged Little Pill: 20th Anniversary Edition"

I used to love all their animation stuff. Please someone remember this

>one off cartoon
>black and white "creepy" vibe
>its about this little kid trick or treating dressed as a pumpkin? his head was this big round ball mask thing
>last house he gets in this fight with the person at the door and ends up putting them in his bag
>his face is all beat up and its not a mask at all, but his real head

anyone have any idea what Im talking about?

>I used to love all their animation stuff.

Sunday nights on MTV in the early 90s:

>original Jon K. era Ren & Stimpy
>classic Speed Racer
>Liquid Television
>120 Minutes

Best 3.5 hours of television you were going to see all week.

maybe check out the head, but I doubt that's it
great animation anyway

Damn, this show holds up well. Even if themes like urban decay and isolation are passé.

I was always amazed at how hot Julie was
here's a proper gif, I had to fuck with it for filesize
orig03.deviantart.net/2188/f/2015/019/1/0/the_maxx_julie_by_kuropop-d8ek0oe.gif

The only good artist in that list is Eric Clapton, MTV was always shit

You should. It was last year.

I saw this last year, wasn't expecting much, but by the end I was blown away by how well done it was.

Aeon Flux is great because the entire show just feels and sounds weird.