3. Back to the Future
2. King Kong (1933)
1. It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

>15.Secret of Nimph
furry
>10.Citizen Kane
tryhard

Avgn wins

Fuck why is Doug the movie critic. James has tons more taste.

>Spinal Tap
based James

My boy James, because those are actually his top 20 and he's not trying to show off
and I'm biased because King Kong is my favorite movie

James' list seems more honest.

Def James.
Does he still get hate from refusing to see Answer the Call?

everyone said it was shit and it ~mysteriously~ disappeared from the public eye

>Rocky
>Back to the Future
>First Blood
>Willy Wonka
Based James wins
>Vertigo over Rear Window
'no'

James provided a list of movies that let you know who he is as a person. It's personal, intimate, and real. Doug is just trying desperately to gain any cred he can get with anyone at all. It's a messy try-hard load of shit.

>only hollywood
good job

Both are plebs, but AVGN has slightly better taste.

Doug is a high school film buff. James has never tried to appear smarter than he is and his list reflects that. I respect his list more despite my filmfaggot tastes liking some of Doug's picks.

Drumpf

Doug.

Doug is obviously more cultured and desu, I don't really think he's trying to show off or seem smart but he seems to analyze movies for quality instead of just watching what he likes.

It seems like James is more focused on fun and enjoyable movies and based his list on nostalgic movies (kinda ironic, ain't it?).

Neither of them put They Live on number one so they are both fags

>not ghosts of mars

>posts Jew propaganda

>Doug's list
6/10

>James' list
8/10

James has mostly Reddit-tier films on his list

Douge has plenty of kino films on his
So by Sup Forums standards, Douge

James' list is honest whereas I feel Doug's picks are expected.

>putting a movie where ice cube is present anywhere near the top 5 position

That really activated my almonds

any serious discussion with you is inutile

People say Doug's is tryhard, but if that's so, Doug can't even do tryhard well because his list is mostly famous English language blockbusters and one of the few movies made before the 80s is freakin Citizen Kane. Anyway, besides his Nostalgia Critic videos, which aren't real reviews, I don't really know much about his process when judging a film, so I dunno if I can be judgemental about his favorites.

James's favorites seem to be mostly movies he's liked since childhood. Nothing wrong with that, but I have to wonder whether, despite being a more educated filmmaker, he actually explores the world of film outside of anything connected with his childhood. He's spent a great deal of energy recreating the relic of a VHS store in his basement, and he only seems to review new things that are remakes or sequels to his favourite childhood franchises. I fear that nostalgia is his only goal in appreciating the art of film.

The nerd wins this one

>I belong to certain generation / social background
>I can't watch what I am not entitled to watch
>for instance: I am a guy born in 1989 in Poland so I can't like Sailor Moon (for japanese girls) or Titanic (in 1997 clearly not interested in love stories) or even Terminator 1 (born too late)

fuck off

Most people stop liking new things past their early 20's.

I don't understand what your problem is. Are you implying I think you aren't allowed to like those things outside your generation/social background? Where did I say that?

[citation needed]

James is more sincere.

How many people do you know discover their favorite movie/filmmaker, or favorite song/band, beyond their early 20's? I'd say it's pretty rare.

I think it's copypasta. Sounds like a good one too.

Weirdly the best stuff on either list is James' 20-10 stuff

Where the fuck did you pull that from?

The "problem" is that Doug's list is varied in really weird, hard to pin down ways. He's got
>two Shakespeare films tied at the bottom of his top 20
>his only pre-70s classics are two of the most widely seen ever and the most respectable Disney film, suggesting he hasn't seen many classics
>wacky films like Fear and Loathing and Brazil
>cerebral stuff like LiT and Eyes Wide Shut
>the least politically controversial oscar bait I can think of in the last decade (Good Night and Good Luck)
>two Batman movies
>one animated film he obviously loved as a kid and the most widely acclaimed anime film of all time
>Patton and Sideways as two weird outliers

It's either a mess of random movies he likes, or it's a constructed list trying to appear rounded/respectable over being honest. I'm not saying you can't like all these different films, but I feel like a persons absolute favorites should say something about them. There should be common threads that say what resonates most with the viewer, on a thematic or personal level.

Sup Forums post your top 20s

James seems more realistic and less tryhard.

so having good taste is tryharding?

While I might rewatch Schindler List I am afraid to watch this one, it might be too much for me.

Anyway, I wonder why King Kong from 33 at the second place?