Fantastic Beasts

What did you think of this?

Rather watch harry potter

CGI was weird on a couple of scenes, but I enjoyed it.

It was fun

CGI looked pretty shit in most scenes.

Only other memorable thing was the incredibly fucked up way wizards apparently execute people.

Comfy as fuck

Yates others are more comfy and better crafted. JK wrote a bad script

Garbage like anything coming from Yates.

I liked it

why didnt they just teleport all the time? what is the catch?

Better than all Yates HP movies

Did he have autism?

Utterly unremarkable, but what would one expect from a spinoff of one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

was weird how no one, except for Farrell/Depp's character, gave a fuck when they just straigth up murdered Ezra Miller

comfy movie

Not a big fan of the HP movies but liked it enough. Wished it was more Bioshock Infinite-esque.

>wow Colin Farrell was good in th-
>Fuck you here's Johny Depp!

Did anyone else think the writing was atrocious? The two main characters were so dull that the comic relief supporting duo ocershadowed them; too many storylines crammed into it; horrible handling of the bd guy; etc.

JK a shit.

Pretty meh overall. Film should've just been about a fun adventure with Newt and the Beasts, and not boring ass Wizard politics prequel bullshit. I'm unexcited for the next four films in the series, mainly because they'll just continue this path.

I've never seen Harry Potter and was drug to this. It was okay. I liked the pastry guy, the only good character.

>drug

Dragged, user

Thank you

It was more interesting than most Harry Potter movies.

You dragged an user where?

Needed more cool animals and less bullshit magic murder mystery, garbage, fuxk credence.

Farrell was cool tho until that retardo reveal

I hated it.
It had no right to be 2 hours long. It just didn't have enough story to even pretend to stretch it out that far. The pastry chef guy was alright sometimes, but his being there felt disjointed and forced.
I remember checking my phone to see what time it was, thinking surely it must be close to done, and it wasn't even halfway through.
My main problem with it was the underlying idea that we, the viewers, are still supposed to be impressed and excited by magic. We've had years of insane CGI in movies at this point, so that's not gonna blow anyone away. We've had countless magic/superpower themed movies in the last decade, so nobody is gonna be quaking in their seat like "AAH THEY DID A MAGIC YAY!"
The whole thing just felt like a cash grab, and it didn't have enough personality or plot to keep me interested.

Drugged, he was a feisty one.

Nice. Drug me too user
h-haha what?

That really pissied me off.

the main duder was overacted and painful to watch, muggle guys story was generic and the sort of dual plot thing didn't really end up meshing together well by the end
it was a 6/10 for some decent magical bullshit scenes where eddie redmayne reigned in the autism and the grindlewald plot wasn't relevant

I want to brutally fuck Eddie Redmayne.

Did you miss the part where Newt sees a wisp of Credence still around? He knows he's possibly still alive.

>The two main characters were so dull

The ugly brunette Jewess was, but I liked Newt. Don't see realistically written autistic characters all that often.

I forgot about it already. only thing I remember was that it was bland as fuck. all the fantastic creatures are just in a few scenes and most of the time all you get is gray and dull New York.

this is the Potter film that really lives up to the "the dullest" meme.

kek no one even quoted the pasta

I have a bit of a crush on that frog faced man Redman (no homo).
Ending made me cry too. But not in a gay way.

Only remember Newt, Credence and the Baker. Everyone else is just so forgettable.

Could JK not have come up with something better than no-maj? It's sounds so fucking stupid.

OMG DUDE LOOK AT HIS HAIR SO KEWL

It's okay, user, he's like 50% female anyway.

Ending was retarted
Characters were enjoyable
Better than any of the Potter movies past 3
Fat guy stole the show

I thought it was pretty bad. Didn't like the main characters except the baker and that's only relative. The grimdark plot was terrible and only the snake beast and inside the suitcase was good. They try to fake you out and make you think it was the little girl with the obscurial, then they pull that grinwald bullshit at the end.

It's just shaggy curly hair bro

Is magic power genetic or do they have equivalent of midichlorians?

Why is grindenwald so powerful while ron is weak?

Is it genetic?

Are all mages with same amout of power at start and all depends on their dedication?

??????

Very entertaining 1st half. Fuck the whole Grindelvald bullshit.

OH YOU HAD A SUITCASE FULL OF ANIMALS

THAT CALLS FOR IMMEDIATE DEATH SENTENCE

NO LAWYER, NO WITNESSES

Also, ''nomaj''

Redmeme should have bangs more often, it's a qt look on him.

>inb4 Felicity Jones

>Murrica during prohibition
>its 1920s
>Presidentof Murrican magicians is:
>BLACK WOMEN

ahahahahahahhaahahhahaahhaahahha rowling....

the most interesting character in the movie had only few seconds in whole movie

they should make whole movie about grindenwald (I would not mind his homo interactions with young albus dumbledore that were quoted in hp saga)

>Is magic power genetic or do they have equivalent of midichlorians?

Genetic

>Why is grindenwald so powerful while ron is weak?
>Is it genetic?

Yes

>Are all mages with same amout of power at start and all depends on their dedication?

No, power is genetic, but there are techniques that can give a person advantages, like nonverbal spell casting.

>the most interesting character in the movie

But he was the worst character in the movie. Hell, he was the worst thing about the movie, period.

autistic main character was actually the best

>tfw when he's literally you ;_;

how is that?

rowling was trying her most common hack that Lucas did in SW, (siths in SW and villains of pure blood in HP are just equivalent of Nazi in our world)

but its not that simply when you look from different perspective

>ywn force Newt to sleep with you for the sake of protecting his beasts
>ywn magic his clothes away so that he's in nothing but his unbuttoned white dress shirt and socks
>ywn roughly push him spread eagle onto a desk
>ywn bend his smooth freckled legs so far back that his knees are practically touching his face, exposing his sweet virgin boycunt and feminine dick, as he cries in embarrassment
>ywn leisurely kiss, lick, and fuck his hole with your tongue while he blushes furiously, whining about how lewd this is but being unable to stop himself from moaning over how good it feels
>ywn continue eating him out until he cums, the position causing his own semen to splatter all over his face for added humiliation
>ywn chuckle at how cute he is, teasingly rubbing your leaking dick against his hole while licking his tears and semen off his face, before suddenly penetrating him
>ywn force him to keep eye contact with you as you continue to utterly ravage his virgin body over and over, bending him in every debauched position imaginable, till he's so full of your seed that his abdomen is practically bulging
>ywn coo about what a beautiful mother he is while rubbing his swollen belly
>he will never weakly mumble a "t-thank you..."
>ywn then keep Newt as your mindbroken cumdumpster, putting spells on him that cause him to perpetually crave your cock and nothing else

well, apparently the next FOUR movies are going to be about him and Dumbledore, and ending with their legendary duel.

>what about you, Mr. Scamander: strudel or pie?
>y-you too...

Too relatable.

Were HP movies made to be shit on purpose?

When yo watch Lotr from 2001 it still looks good today, but HP? It hurts to watch

and HP in days of its glory was much more popular than Lotr.

No they aren't, Rowling confirmed they're about Newt.

That seemed less autism and more "I don't have time to play house" but he was too polite to say it. Queenie a cute

I think of all the blockbusters crammed into 2016 this one actually pleasantly surprised me the most.

It had its flaws. I hate David Yates with a passion and I think his directing style is the worst among all the HP movies, and it truly is tragic that he's at the helm of his franchise too. He somehow manages to make wand fights immensely boring and likes to draw out climaxes by muting the dialogue and letting sad music play loudly. A lot of his scenes that are meant to be powerful come across as painfully awkward.

But the characters are what make this movie worth watching, IMO, because they don't really feel like cookie-cutter characters at all. Newt is autistic and shy and it's nice not to have a main character who's some confident asshole for once. He's only self-assured when around his beasts and that's actually really accurate for people who love animals to that extent.

Like everyone else I wasn't too fond of Tina but I think her character's going to grow a bit. She manages to not be a Hermione clone at least and it's refreshing to see a female fuck up so much in one movie. I would've given more scenes to try and make her look endearing, though.

Queenie was fun and nice to look at, and she's a bimbo but it isn't "forced", so to speak, because she still acts human even though she can read minds and shit. Among all the characters she captures the mood of that period most accurately.

Jacob is of course one of the standouts because thankfully he's not relegated to a fat joke. He's a baker but he's also a war veteran. He's a muggle but he's the most logical among all of them. He likes animals and he recognizes hot girls. He got the most emotional moment of the movie -- that scene in the rain was pretty iconic.

Peter Jackson had passion about the material he had. he really wanted it to be great and put his soul into it. with the HP movies, it was just a soulless cash grab.

if nothing else, this movie has far sexier boys in it than HP

Nute a cute

What I appreciated most is that of all the cashgrabs, this actually felt least like one because there was very little pandering. In fact the only thing I really hated was the way it tied to the original series at the very end. I feel like they could've left that part out. But aside from that it stands well on its own. As a movie it feels very complete. There was no shitty fanservice in this film and I thought that was great.

Picture TFA without Han Solo, the millenium falcon, Chewy, Princess Leia, Luke, R2D2, C3PO. Without so much recycled material and obvious nostalgia fuel it would've been a better movie. However, this flick does the opposite. Everything feels new rather than a retread.

Imo if they ditch Yates and maybe get Cuaron back, and keep the focus on Newt rather than shifting it to Dumbledore/Grindelwald and going the typical prequel route, then the series would be vastly improved with each installment.

Funniest thing is that Farrell would actually be perfect for Grindewald, he looked like badass motherfucker who actually believed what he said and was ready to fight for it, Depp was such a joke compared to him, it was really obvious because his scene followed Farrell's and you could directly compare the two

The reason for the sudden switch is that Farrell was kicked out of the movie because he had an affair on set with one of the cast and they wanted him out.

Newt > Luna >>>>> shit >>>> Hermione > the rest

Indisputable fact.

Pretty jarring how first half about looking after escaped beasts and second about Grindewald have nothing to do with each other. Also newspaper guy who's son died and Credence's mom waging war on witches subplots went nowhere

Did he get raped by Ezra and Eddie? They're both degenerate faggots

By the way he was only 32 in 1926 so even Farrell would be too old

He was the most enjoyable part of the movie. Sucks depp is taking over, I can't stand him anymore unless it's in sorry pirates movie.

>best character was the fat baker
>best character was the autistic MC
>best character was Colin Farrell
>best character was grindelJUST

Seems like there are actually a lot of good things about this movie.

Now I understand why Sup Forums hates this movie, it didn't have enough waifus.

Ezra is the genuine faggot, Eddie only goes full faggot for awards and roles. He's a degenerate furry though.

mc actor was annoying af

Just Smith's Dr. Who with magic

>Just Smith's Dr. Who

Acts nothing like Smith's dr Who in my opinion, Newt is far more reserved

No he was just british

I thought the same thing. Also for being the fucking president of the super sekret wizards club she sure wore flashy shit outside no Muggle would ever wear.

This movie sucked. Autismo flapping about and muttering nonstop mixed with little mousey idiot woman made for a horrible combination. It was so dull. The Baker was the only decent character--his amazement at the magic (presumably what the audience is supposed to feel) partially alleviated my boredom from it.

Fuck Johnny Depp and JK Rowling this wasn't worth the $4 admission I paid. I don't think it'd be worth he bandwidth to pirate.

>hating when a character captures your autism so well that he literally acts like you

kek

You also have medal winners in the Special Olympics but that doesn't make them comparable to normal athletes.

whats the point of shitposting?

Shit movie with a misleading title. I watched the whole thing twice and could never find those Fantastic Breasts.

I like him better as a woman

Why do films always fuck up CGI?