youtube.com/watch?v=uyV0IVItlM4

Hi.
Hello.
How are you?
I am a computer.
Beep.

Your browsing habits disgust me.
Boooop.

how did scottie do all that stuff on that ancient computer?

Just use the mouse

That ancient computer has a calculator. That's probably all he needed.

Probably could have done the same with an abacus, it would have just taken him longer.

The best Star Trek was the cheapest to make

computer load up celery man please

Who wouldve thought the characters and not the locales or plot were the most interesting part about Star Trek?

The better question would be, how did Scottie type so fast with only one thumb.

It must have been a fucking blast to see this at the movie theatre.

so they don't have lessons about the history of computer engineering at Starfleet

Why would they?

so scotty was mainly a movie char? He's hardly in tos at all

It was.
That whole time period was fucking great, I'd go see those movies again in theater.

Fuck I'm gonna go see that terminator two 3d remake fucking thing just to see if I can recapture a little of the magic of seeing it for the first time in theaters.

he was missing a different finger and it wasn't explained in the show

Yeah. Scotty on TOS vs in the movies is to O'Brian on TNG vs on DS9.

Nice one op, I still reference this joke all the time, whenever I can't get the mouse to respond I say it.

Alot of records from human history before a certain period were lost in the wars and much of "pre-history" is second hand telephone stuff.

What are you talking about? He's in more episodes than anyone excluding the big 3.

That's cool, I know a lot of Trek trivia but somehow I didn't know this. Took 6 bullets from friendly fire in WW2. My grandpa had a missing finger too, I like him even more now.

that's the point I guess, tos was the big 3 and the alien of the week, with the others barely getting a word in. It was disconcerting seeing the movies first where all the bridge crew have more developed chars then seeing pale shadows of those chars in tos