Trainspotting 2

Is it any good? I was born in the late 80s and I'm more and more skeptical of these nostalgia operations à la Stranger Things

>I was born in the late 80s
So you're a 00's babby then

>nostalgia
Fuck off with your reddit words

What the fuck does stranger shit have to do with trainspotting 2? Kys

Late 70's masterrace reporting in

Yes, Trainspotting is kino, but you're probably a huge pleb who won't like it and will come back here and start pleb threads with pleb pictures of frogs complaining that Sup Forums recommended you a film that was shit

kids watch ET, then grew up and watch Trainspotting. some years later they become the natural target of the 80-90s revival, which includes Stranger things and Trainspotting

Trainspotting 2 idiot

how is nostalgia a reddit word?!

redditors infuriatingly act like everything from the nineties is "nostalgia". They have overused the word and they are beating it into the ground. They think they are so cultured and so old, that finding Chips Challenge in the basement they already fucking live in is "soooo much nostalgia". They have ruined the word for everybody. Fuck reddit.

In my day those people were called hipsters

Still nobody answered the original question: Is Trainspotting 2 good?

I just looked the date up and apparently it's starting today in my country... I didn't even notice. Absolutely no ads at all.

B-but it's the theme of the movie... Movie itself is not nostalgic, it's ABOUT nostalgia.

Great film

It's very good.

It's very aware of the first film and that it's a late sequel to a cult classic, there's a lot of call backs and little nods to 90s culture, the film is shot in the same style as the first, but with modern twists, and the story is arguably more grounded and believable. Great film.

well i'm not saying neither that the movie is nostalgic nor that it's about nostalgia. i'm saying the movie producers wanted to monetize nostalgia.

What did you find unbelievable about the first film?

Yes. I've seen it twice already, once by myself to enjoy it, once on 8th as a date.

It's still a pretty good film. It's definitely more about being a middle aged man in the current era than a fond look back on the past.

Millenial detected. No matter how wide you cast your net it's not going to fool anybody.

It doesn't try to beat the first film, so it functions as more of an addon by playing with your nostalgia for it (plot is set 20 yrs later, actors are 20 yrs older)

Sorry to the OP that everyone sperged out cause he said a 'leddit buzzword'

strongly disagree, first movie was much more grounded, second one has more ebin hollywood coincidences for plot convinience (spoiler renton arriving just as spud tries to off himself, begbie breaking out just at the same time, begbie finding renton in club on accident and so on). Ending with mark almost dying but begin saved at the last moment is pretty shitty, stuff like this pulls me out. Pretty good movie still

*convenience
*being saved
i need to get some sleep

Yeah, it's great. Though it felt to me like it was two movies in one. The first is mid-life crisis: the movie, which I think is probably the stuff Danny Boyle and the cast wanted to include to justify the movies existence. It works pretty well, definitely hit home a few times but its obviously a very different tone to the original Trainspotting. The second part is basically the sequel stuff, wrapping up the characters stories, and if you just embrace it then it's a lot of fun.

Dude you are a millenial

i don't think i've ever seen a more reddit comment in my life

This is autism

your very smart user

Nothing, all the scatological jokes and dicks fit right in with Sup Forums "culture".

well that's a dumb comment

For you!

was being retarded part of your plan

42 year old detected