David Fincher

has this absolute madman ever made a bad movie?

The question should be whether he's ever made a GOOD movie.

All of his movies are terribly mediocre. Get better taste or watch more movies, kiddo.

ITT Directors who never made bad movies

Alien 3

anything from the last 15 years

TV may be the most contrarian community on the internet, if only the topic was something more edgy than movies, you'd be cool.

Alien 3

Benjamin Button is trash.

Silence was p nice.

pls die

only Fincher movie I haven't seen

Is it "trash" like Sup Forums says Arrival is, or is it actually trash?

the former

nah benjamin is actually really nice story and great movie. Dont get dillusioned by fags on Sup Forums

Fuck off hipster

House of Cards is pretty mediocre

but he only directed the first two episodes and then is just a producer for the rest of it. Other than aping his aesthetic I don't think Fincher has that much involvement with the show anymore.

>raging bull

You are correct sir. Se7en is indeed a nice movie but nothing more, and don't get me started on Fight Club's mediocreness.

David Fincher made the absolute abomination that is Alien 3, which ruined an entire franchise with its edgy retardation.

>implying Fincher had any semblance of control over what the finished product would be

One thing I like about David Fincher is the fact that he always gets a good performance out of every actor

From Meat Loaf to Tyler Perry - the guy's ace

kys

>One thing I like about David Fincher is the fact that he always gets a good performance out of every actor
>Tyler Perry - the guy's ace

didn't think that was possible but here we are

fpbp

You don't seriously think American Pie is a good franchise, right?

GOD TIER
>Zodiac
>Social Network
>Fight Club
>The Game

GOOD TIER
>Panic Room
>Seven
>Gone Girl

OKAY TIER
>Benjamin Button
>The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

SHIT
>Alien 3 (though it's technically not one of 'his' since he disowned it)

The director's cut isn't exactly good either.

he didn't create a directors cut, it is called the assembly cut, as far as I know he had no involvement with the editing at all. Once he finished shooting he basically said fuck you guys for the worst experience of my life, this is not my movie.

Yeah, but its first two episodes are superb and they're the only ones where he was directly involved.

The only film of his I dislike is The Game, which is offensively bad

I even enjoyed Alien 3 (not that I'd claim it was a great film or anything)
His fanbase is appalling though and almost justifies hating him
Also, he's pretentious as fuck when talking about films

it really does come down to him using so many takes. It lets the actor really settle into the role and takes out a lot of the cerebral, I'm acting, elements. I can't remember if it was a behind the scenes thing or on a commentary where he said that with something as simple as throwing a bag on a couch, when you do it 20 or 30 times it feels natural, as if you actually live there. Its that natural feeling that he is going for and usually gets.

>GOD TIER
>The Game

>GOOD TIER
>Seven

>OKAY TIER
>The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo

but all his films are completely mediocre.

except zodiac. It's good. not great.

I don't like Marvelshit, never seen a Hunger Games movie or Breaking Bad, but keep projecting. Seven isn't as good upon rewatch, Dragon Tattoo is a shot for shot remake of the original with inferior acting, but a better score and cinematography.

The Game is just fantastic, and if you can't see that well then maybe you're the plen?

GOD TIER
>Zodiac
>Social Network

ICONIC TIER
>Fight Club
>Seven

NOTICABLY ABOVE AVERAGE TIER
>Gone Girl
>Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

NICE ATTEMPT TIER
>Benjamin Button

GREAT FOR WHAT IT IS TIER
>Panic Room
>The Game

SCREWED OVER BY STUDIO TIER
>Alien 3

Seven a sh7t.

It's nice fantasy story. Nothing trash in it.

>Dragon Tattoo is a shot for shot remake
>but better cinematography

Does he only do book adaptations now?

What is Kundun

Alien 3 was good.
Aliens was bad.

this

What a pleb on my vietnamese ding dong polishing board.

not exactly shot for shot, whatever. Don't post Lowti3rgod in a based Fincher thread please.

Thie fact is Aliens took a perfect horror movie (Alien) and turned it into a action flick, unfortunately the general public loves this, A3 tried to get back to its roots and the studio would have none of it.

Good list t b h