Why has the public's interest in government secrecy, black projects, UFOs and alien life seem to have vanished...

Why has the public's interest in government secrecy, black projects, UFOs and alien life seem to have vanished? There was a massive conspiracy culture back in the 90s, but it seemed to die out around the mid-2000s.

Other urls found in this thread:

metro.co.uk/2016/06/29/racist-social-media-troll-arrested-in-north-london-5974569/
conversableeconomist.blogspot.com/2014/10/political-polarization-and-confirmation.html
ropercenter.cornell.edu/conspiracy-theories/
youtube.com/watch?v=R6QNzH4x1rY
c-span.org/video/?c4609395/special-access-programs-involved
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Camera resolution got better

successful psy-ops campaign to make aliens the same as dragons and other made up shit using TV

I guess people are just more accostumed to science and most of them know that you really can't rig the whole astrophysics scene in order to hide UFOs.

The truth is that most UFO evidences are worthless and people should not really care until someone really proves their existence.

Because they are complacent from constant "entertainment"

Alieums are not real. People are growing up mentally and accepting that God is actually real, and Jesus is Lord.

People have become more politically entrenched, so this tendency is now more about what a government of the other party does rather than what "government" in general does.

You're not allowed to mistrust leftists any more. You can be imprisoned for it.

metro.co.uk/2016/06/29/racist-social-media-troll-arrested-in-north-london-5974569/

disclosure happened

Cell phone cameras.

If there were aliens, there would be proof, by now. And I don't mean "video of a saucer." I mean "Video of an alien coming into my home at night."

those people realised that its all garbage

after the 911 people wanted to trust the US government, according to the X files creator Chris Carter

The Internet normalized everything so weird conspiracy theories just became memes and jokes. Nobody takes them seriously anymore. For example, I can never tell when people honestly think 9/11 was an inside job or theyre being ironic

They made it so anyone that talks about it gets publicly shamed as a loony. Hence anyone who brings up the subject is a "tin foil hat goy".

Because UFOs were the product of aerospace advancements and Cold War secrecy.

People are used to advanced planes and have gotten used to the government keeping shit from them.

Holy shit that dude needs to clip his nails

After the coining of the term "Tinfoil hat". That operation went well. We still laugh at those "paranoid" people.

The government ran out of money to build ayyyy lmao technology.

>For example, I can never tell when people honestly think 9/11 was an inside job or theyre being ironic

Jews did 9/11.

>Cell phone cameras.
>
>If there were aliens, there would be proof, by now. And I don't mean "video of a saucer." I mean "Video of an alien coming into my home at night."

This, coupled with the fact that cellphone cameras (and dashcams) have revealed much more interesting things about the world, like how police have been treating people during apparently non-violent confrontations, and I'm not even talking about the black boy dindu nuffin narratives. Prior to the Trayvon Martin story, we were talking about the militarization of the police and how they were doing midnight raids on the wrong houses.

I'd say the UFO community is still booming and pretty hard. If you follow the right channels or people, you'll see they're pumping out content - who fucking knows if it's real though - which is pretty interesting.

secureteam10 is a pretty decent channel, again, who fucking knows though?

They're dying out, though. All of the UFOers I know irl (and I know quite a few) are my parents' age. People my age don't believe in UFOs any more than they believe in God.

You shouldn't judge a demographic based on those around you or who live in your area. There is the whole internet of things out there.

Actually that's a girl

Are you telling me that there is a large population of people under 50 who believe in UFOs?

a guy a few years back was talking about that on coast2coast. He was a well known ufologist and he kept reiterating that today it's easier and cheaper to transfer information than ever before, but less people actually do it.

I think signal noise is a big thing. It's easier to analyze one thing at a time and now it's coming at your average audience by the truckload. Everyone gets lost in the noise.

There are no UFOs. It's just stupid lies. Luckily the public is waking up and realizing that UFOS are fake.

Yes. As I said before, have a look around certain YouTube channels or forums online who discuss it. I imagine the age range varies a lot.

Also,

I don't believe you.

This is a very interesting answer and jives well with research on cognitive bias in partisanship.
conversableeconomist.blogspot.com/2014/10/political-polarization-and-confirmation.html

Ignore what this limey fuck saysNobody outside of autistic neckbeards believe in UFO's these days

because technology

its no longer about random stories, everyone wants proof

UFO's are nothing more than illusions or actual government experiments with aircraft on earth

aliens exist, but they sure as fuck never visited earth (assuming we're talking about aliens in the sense of intelligent beings like us)

now back to /x/

because all the sensible people left.

Everyone got a camera in their pocket and we realized we would've gotten pics of aliens, etc by now.

Also Snowden proved even one weak link in the chain will blow up any secret now, so a giant 90-year conspiracy involving tens of thousands of people is no longer as feasible

You can always find tons of conspiracy videos on youtube.
I think its just not as popular because people simply got sick of all of it.

People got "sick of it all" because it's just so unconvincing, unoriginal, and boring. I know people who claim to have seen "floating lights" in some nightclub years ago, which they think is proof that aliens exist.

Itt: volume of text is inversely proportional to awareness.

You're all wrong.
Premise of his argument is 'it's not popular'
Which is incorrect.
ropercenter.cornell.edu/conspiracy-theories/
If you would just look at the gigantic 'conspiracy' market out there you would understand that. Thats why Coast to Coast AM is now full on spooks and quacks every night.
The percent of americans that believe in ghosts is 45, that used to be 51. If you can call that decrease of overall insanity, be my guest.

Coast2Coast has recently become a somewhat mainstream topic in my city. I heard my father refer to it, and he NEVER used to talk about this kind of garbage. I think they must be playing it on one of the local radio stations now, or something. That doesn't mean that more people believe it, though!! On the History Channel, they play reruns of Ancient Aliens almost all day long. That doesn't make it any less absurd. By your logic, the recent surge in zombie apocalypse prepping would indicate that people actually believe in zombies, which they don't. It's just fun to play pretend and escape from the harshness of reality for a while.

floating lights are pretty common
ive seen them too up real close at least two times

one time there was a single large green one sliding by the window on the outside, stopping for a bit, then continuing (outside, 4th floor)

the other time there was 5-6 smaller multicolored ones just hovering over the ground, tried to approach them, then, "poof" gone just like that. even had a friend see this

a third time i swear i had one of them inside my head while i was dreaming: all i remember is floating in bright light, seeing some dank alien text shit, then wake up with a massive confusion for 30 minutes.

if anything, these balls are what the aliens are watching us from
they seem to behave rather mechanically, like remote controlled
god knows what they're made of, if they can go inside minds

Because those people grew up.

Ubiquitous street-level surveilence made it clear that it wasn't happening.
Combine that with the fact we have far better conspiracies to deal with.

People started believing in the scientific-method. Some aren't as dumb anymore

|
|>
|
|

What are Chaim & Shlomo hidin'
???? ??? ????? ? ?????? ?? ??

Because the chem-trails have taken affect.

The problem here is that you and people like you lack the intelligence to properly apply the scientific method or even basic logic to these observations. The conspiracy theory community is rife with pseudoscience.

>your eye perceives glare in an environment prone to glare, like at a dark club, or looking into the sun
A normal person would use the observation and background knowledge to arrive at a conclusion. It's possible that no logical conclusion presents itself. That's fine. It's also possible that they use their knowledge of how the eye works, and how glass surfaces (like eyeglasses, camera lenses and windows) work, and use this to understand that they were looking at glare.

A retarded person would already "know" the conclusion (that it's aliens, who are watching us through their magical glowing orbs), and then use observations to try to support these conclusions, discarding any contradictory facts, and ignoring the fact that we have no direct evidence that either aliens or magical observation orbs exist.

Obama promised the most transparent administration ever.

And the morons believed it. Why would they question the government now? Obama never lied before, right?

ayy

Yeah um that's a womans hand bud.

that makes it worse. those nails are disgusting and unkempt.

Fpbp

In 2001 the Disclosure Project held a press conference.

This is that press conference

A smaller clip

9/11. Both because of the resulting surge in patriotism and because the surveillance state in't a conspiracy theory anymore. The NSA really IS collecting all your phone calls and browsing history and storing them all in data centers in Utah.

Also, conspiracy theory culture is more active under Democrats because all the anti-government nuts like Tmiothy McVeigh are pissed off, hence it was active under Clinton, faded with Bush, and came roaring back under Obama with Alex Jones and preppers and the Bundys all Sandy Hook false-flagging.

you have vids of everything under the sun these days
meteorite falls in Siberia? guess what, there's an Yakut hunter there, with a cellphone
shootout in Dallas? streamed live from multiple angles
UFOs? seems they're camera-shy or something, lol

ayy

because everyone has a high definition camera with internet access on their person at all times. if there really were such things, there'd be plenty of evidence of it.
look at that russian meteorite. was only visible in the sky for like 15 seconds, but was caught on dozens of cameras

>9/11
>no more new x-files episodes

>I had a top secret "crypto" clearance
This guy is so fucking fake.

>seem to have vanished
c-span.org/video/?c4609395/special-access-programs-involved

Criminally underrated.

But what about that 'floating city' that has been observed by appr a million people somewhere in China? It was weird as fuck and the logical explinations did not forfill. Or these weird mechanical trumpet sounds in the sky all over the world.
Yet, people moved on got other more relevant stuff to do than "take a touch in unknown"

Duchovny quit X-Files.

The American government made files public after the Cold War. Incidents like Roswell were secret surveillance scenarios and the government was more than happy to let people make up UFO stories.

>Coast2coast becoming popular now
>Not when based Art Bell was the host
Their loss for missing the best years of it.

nope, season 11 is still coming

The rise of statists.

I was in elementary school for the Clinton years in a very hippy dippy school district. I remember some hippy parents getting their kids to go up on stage as part of the school play to denounce Bill Clinton and his war in Bosnia.

These very same people either voted Green or Democrat - definitely not Republican.

There was quite a bit of that going around. Tons of liberals & hippies were outraged by Gulf War I, the 'War For Oil' as they called it at the time.

There was generally more distrust in the state than there is now. Everyone had this thought that they're not telling us the whole story. That they're trying to cover shit up for nefarious reasons - whether that be Aliens, human mutations, bigfoot, whatever. There was always a logical reason why the government wouldn't want us to know about it.

OH, these days people SAY they don't trust the State.

But every single solution they have to the problem is MORE government.

>There's a problem? More government bureaucracy will solve it!

I don't think it used to be that way. Not to such an extent.

>I'm from the government. I'm here to help.

Used to be a very common joke.

Now I don't think people would get the humor. They think the government really is here to help.

All their questions and concerns were sufficiently addressed and answered.