Watched these for the first time

Good films, preferred Man of Steel.

Reviews were wrong for the last two, how about Suicide Squad, or is it shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n8QSiPDyIb0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SS is fun enough. The story is bland but the characters are entertaining.

t. Zack Snyder

What about quips? Marvel level or not too bad?

Does Superman have male pattern baldness in the comics?

worse than marvel

It's not Marvel-tier, but it's definitely joker than the other two. That part didn't bother me, since ZDC's villains have always tended to be the comic relief.

What bothered me was how disjointed it seemed.

It's still worth a watch for the world-building and to get the answer to this question:

Who or what is "them" referring to in the conversation the Enchantress has with her brother right after placing him in a host?

The implications are very, very interesting.

He's often drawn with a noticeable widow's peak.

SS is passable, it feels like a good movie that got mangled by studio interference

I loved MOS and BVS but SS was such a disappointment to me. It's a real misstep.

A widow's peak is a little point in the middle of a normal hairline. A widow's peak does not encompass the entire hairline above the forehead and almost touch the middle of the scalp on the sides.

Watch the extended cut of Suicide Squad. Not only does it add some joker but it rearranges them for the better.

What can you say about someone who seems autistically obsessed with an actor's hairline?

Agreed. I like that they have a more serious tone than the Marvel movies, which never deviate from the formula. They're fun, but so far I've found the DC movies to be more engaging. I'm apparently in the minority, but I loved BvS, and I'm really looking forward to Justice League. I like Suicide Squad as well. They're just a fun distraction for a couple hours, but some people take things much too seriously.

Don't expect many people to agree. The hivemind has to let you know that superhero flicks are beneath them, especially from DC. Just watch what you like and don't let the retards who will inevitably tell you to kill yourself make you think twice about it.

>Who or what is "them" referring to in the conversation the Enchantress has with her brother right after placing him in a host?

It seems to me that "them" was referring to humans, who had worshipped Enchantress and her bro but turned on them. Or am I missing something?

SS was a mess. Too many characters, all pretty shallow.

MoS had a great score.

I wish the flick kept this scene. It would've pissed so many people off. Then again I wish half the flick was different.

Kek

I was really confused by all the hate that Man of Steel and Batman V Superman especially got. They're not perfect but they're miles better than just about anything the MCU has done except maybe the first Iron Man.

I totally get it for Suicide Squad tho, that movie was pretty bad.

Suicide squads the worst of the 3 by far. And it has a fucking oacar.

What can you say about someone who seems autistically defensive against mild observations of an actor's hairline?

Superman isn't receding in the comics, he's supposed to embody peak physicality. You don't need to be autistic to notice shitty casting.

Is the joker holding a joint in his right hand?

Suicide squad is bad on execution level. It's like leaving a giant shit on your examination paper.

It has an Oscar.

Oh thank god it's fake.

Suicide Squad is terrible.

I'll give SS a try, what I really liked about MoS + BvS was the tone, it wasn't just dark for the sake of it and there's a few funny moments (not gay quips, but funny situations).

I thought there would be homolust here.

As someone who loved bvs and mos; stay away from SS. It's terrible

That's an objectively incorrect opinion, but you're entitled to delude yourself all you want.

Henry, if you're reading this: invest in some proper suits.

Too big for suits

Suicide Squad is pretty bad. You'll probably like it if you like Marvel movies.

Shut your brain off and watch it like a Marvel flick. You will enjoy the characters and moments. But dont try to watch it again , story and character behaviours are offensive...

This.

I thought all three in the DCEU are solid 6/10 that are being branded 3/10s for some reason

>being this deluded
mos and bvs have laughable writing that takes itself way too serious and the action scenes look like videogame cutscenes from a ps3 game, just because hack snyder uses grimdark cinematography and tone in his faux-Nolan-mimicry you dumb fucks are convinced they're any better than a typical dumb blockbuster, it's sad really

Talk about delusional. Did you also call Watchmen a Nolan "mimicry". I see 0 similarities between their styles and approaches to a comic world. Every comic movie Snyder does veers towards being larger than life. Nolan keeps shit subdued to the point that it's bland.

You are right, user. It was pretty clear 'them' were us way back when humans worshiped them.

Suicide Squad was serviceable but inconsistent
The dialogue is full of cringey one-liners that don't fit the tone
Enchantress' belly dance at the end was an embarrassment of film

But Will Smith and Margot Robbie both gave really good performances, and I enjoyed seeing them on-screen
The action was well done and the soundtrack was fun and energetic

So yeah, shit when it's bad
Great when it's good

>how about Suicide Squad, or is it shit?
It's pretty meh. Standard action/capeshit stuff. Supposedly the extended edition is better, or at least makes more sense? I dunno, haven't seen it.

Ultimate cut of BvS is awesome, though. I can't believe they ruined it so hard for the theatrical release.

So many deleted scenes it hurts

>A widow's peak does not encompass the entire hairline above the forehead and almost touch the middle of the scalp on the sides.

It can and does. You don't know what you're talking about.

The movies actually trying to have merit unlike MCU drivel doesn't automatically make them better than MCU drivel, especially when dialogue and writing in general is as poor as in BvS.

MoS isn't as bad from a writing standpoint but it still suffers from certain plot and character contrivances. Try to justify it as you will, it is not for one second believable that Johnathan Kent would stop Clark from saving him under the circumstances of that tornado, for example.

That, and they take themselves too seriously. A movie can be lighthearted and still have literary or artistic merit. Not that it's absolutely necessary, but it's easier to garner affection when you don't come off as pretentious and contrived.

I liked BvS and MoS and hated SS.

jesus he'll be bald by the next movie

I loved MoS and BvS Extended. Suicide Squad is fucking garbage.

He was easily one of the worst aspects of the movie, why would you want more of him?

You don't have to keep posting that ITT. Throwing SS under the bus isn't going to convince anyone that Man of Steel and Batman vs Superman aren't pretentious shit made by a Sup Forumstard.

This is the first time I posted. Fuck off

>he can't tell when a new IP posts
fuck off newfag.

to me it looks like snyder wants to progress superman to liefeld levels of homoeroticism.

Man of Steel started off well but what the fuck was that stupid ending about

It was pretty simple, what did you not understand?

the writer/director wanting to force a situation without properly establishing any sort of logic for it

MoS and BoS are fantastic.

SS is mediocre.

>people joke about clark kent's disguise just being a pair of glasses
>zack updates it to include a toupee

Henry if you're reading this (like I know you are), will you be my bf?

>what the fuck was that stupid ending about

I just want to see the deleted scene where he wears the white suit and breaks some shit at the club
So the Bat appears and Joker runs away and it cuts to the pursuit scene

This desu senpai
BVS is Unironically in my top 10 favourite movies

Jesus Christ this is the first time I'm hearing about that scene and seeing this outfit. I highly doubt David Ayer is that incompetent that it deserved to be cut out.

Also this

is this a deleted scene or a costume test of some kind? because he has a pointed smile.

God knows why Warner cut most of the Joker scenes, including the abusive ones
>he was supposed appear during the Enchantress fight

White suit is deleted scene, pointy smile is costume test

this pic is kino

Gif related is during the enchantress fight

Some costume test

youtube.com/watch?v=n8QSiPDyIb0

imgur.com/a/ZQUxg

Was it Ayer that chose this spic cartel design?

Yep, see this infographic
imgur.com/a/ZQUxg

Well I have to say, as stupid as the cartel design is, it's probably better than the modernized alternatives based on hoodrats or gay modern rap music fashion

We almost got Saints Row Joker

What the fuck were they thinking

Would've been funny but also a pretty terrible idea if you want to make him intimidating.

>taking artistic inspiration from stitches

ayer is a moron

Maybe we'll get to see something like this in the future movies

I just want to see the white suit

Is Ichi the killer the best batman movie ever?

At least we'll see him without metal teeth soon since he's trying to fix his smile

m'batman

I hope not. I actually like the chrome smile.

I like it too, but it's gonna happen

What makes you say that? Seriously you could do some creepy shots in the dark with a shiny smile it would be retarded to get rid of them. Seems like something Joker would enjoy having.

Saying it was "'meh" is an understatement. It's an actual bad movie. Marvel movies are "meh" average. They leave you feeling nothing when it's over. SS is just actually bad.

Well he's using a dental crown as seen in so he's trying to fix his smile
He'll probably get rid of the "damaged" tattoo too, since he only has it to take a piss at Batman for breaking his teeth after killing Robin
That's what Ayer said btw

It's got the same level of writing as marvel flicks but with higher production values. Sorry it's more enjoyable than Civil War.

They're about on the same level, neither was enjoyable to me.

Ah that makes sense. Oh well. Hopefully they get punched out again since that would be a neat scene.