/who/ - Doctor Who General

last episodeSeries 10 trailer edition

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/james_blowers_/status/840220374365278208
twitter.com/james_blowers_/status/840221877721272322
screenrant.com/doctor-who-peter-capaldi-bad-writing/
digitalspy.com/tv/news/a823161/bbc-studios-has-lost-the-rights-to-songs-of-praise/
youtube.com/watch?v=jRkqlpZeGq8
sendvid.com/0hj02juo
drive.google.com/file/d/0B-2D7mi3tdO5RktSWms0cktwc1E/view
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"Series 10 trailer" is my new favorite meme

penis

twitter.com/james_blowers_/status/840220374365278208

twitter.com/james_blowers_/status/840221877721272322

>I think it's gonna be released in HD on Monday so please respect the BBC and don't upload it

I can't believe how hyped I am for series 10 now. Wasn't that bothered about it after the Christmas trailer but I'm even optimistic about the emoji robot episode.

reminder

>respect the BBC

What's she crying about?

:^)

reminder #2

Nardole got CYBERED.

A message on the TARDIS monitor saying
"Gareth Roberts has left the library. Gareth Roberts has been erased".

>monday
REEEEEEE

Nice, this footage is about 4 days old and it's already in the trailer

They'll release it sooner now. Possibly tonight 12AM GMT.

How Doctor Who Failed Peter Capaldi

screenrant.com/doctor-who-peter-capaldi-bad-writing/

>Moffat has been showrunner since 2011

An American wrote this.

>Problems were evident from the very start. Straight after his regeneration, Capaldi’s first words were asking how to fly the TARDIS, establishing a strange memory loss trait. Early on in his run, he would be confused about who he was and whether he was “a good man” – a cute idea, but it was never followed up by a moment of realization

stopped reading there. this person hasn't actually watched the show has he.

Reminder there's only 37 (thirty-seven) days till S10. Maybe less depending on your time zone.

Thanks, cats.

Did they not see Smith and Tennant's first scenes? Did they not see the scene where 12 proclaims that he's neither a good or bad man, just an idiot? Jeez this article sounds shit

>mfw there actually more or less was a trailer at 3pm (uk)

plus "memory loss" that wasn't a memory loss thing
dumb article

>read the comments
>"Too old, too old, too old"
I fucking hate people

>Early on in his run, he would be confused about who he was and whether he was “a good man” – a cute idea, but it was never followed up by a moment of realization

What

I have never posted nor lurked in this general but David Tennant was the best Doctor

Fuck you all

JUST

Why was he the best?

capaldi really is the new mccoy
people wont appreciate what they had until its gone

holy kek.

>I have never posted nor lurked in this general
>teeth image
come on user

Good fucking God, my sides!

Someone describe the trailer.

Would fans be happy if nuwho had stayed an RTD cheesefest? That's what the general feeling seems to be.

BBC just lost Songs of Praise!
digitalspy.com/tv/news/a823161/bbc-studios-has-lost-the-rights-to-songs-of-praise/

It had Doctor, Nardole and Bill in it.
Also there were monsters and music.

You can get McCoy to swear at you on an answering machine by donating to one of his audio projects

Isn't it your nap time, Steven?

how long will it be till the Tories force the beeb to sell Doctor Who to ITV

>new trailer airs on broadcast television
>only 2 viewers watching gave a shit
>neither bothered to record it

Is this the same show that had a record breaking telecast just 4 years ago?

Be prepared for s11 to be made outside the bbc

Amazon or Netflix

no one cares about dr. who since they added that old fart

bing bak david tennet

I never understood this attitude. I started with RTD era too but it ran its course and the show goes on.

It's funny cause it's true.

Half the new audience never actually like Dr Who. They wanted to fuck Tennant or Smith.
When they left so did the fake fans.

Why does anyone vote for their policies on TV? Isn't it obvious that ITV/Sky are just worse options?

I started in 2005 too just like most people, but yeah, it ran its course. The show needed to evolve. I think it just boils down to nostalgia, really. Fans who were, say, 12 years old when NuWho started are in their 20's now, and are having life crises where they wish they could go back to simpler times - when Tennant was the Doctah and RTD was the showruiner.

I blame RTD desu. He wrote End Of Time as if the show was ending and made 10 complain and mope about dying. Kind of took a dump on Smith/Moffat.

Wouldn't happen

Remember when Capaldi was first announced and everyone who suggested the shallow fangirls would fuck off was a sexist dickhead according to shallow fangirls who then fucked off?

expanding on this
I feel too a lot of fans are outgrowing the show it is mostly for kids after all but they can't admit it, so instead of saying "Yes, I'm not as excited for Doctor Who as I was when I was a kid because I've outgrown it", they turn it into "I'm not as excited for Doctor Who as I was when I was a kid because it's NOT AS GOOD!"

the ideology is that TV should be 'free' and that the BBC hold other networks down. Tories believe that by restricting the BBC it will make other networks more competitive equalling more money.

Yup

Then why don't kids watch it anymore? And why is there literally 0 merchandise available apart from overly-priced collector figures?

RTD/Eccleston/Tennant era - Golden age of NewWho

Moffat/Smith era - Decline age

Moffat/Capaldi era - Classic series fanwank age

Chibnall/Marshall era - GOAT age

Well, it probably will, but more money =/= more quality. The Beeb's at least partly an educational service - without it and Channel Four decent documentaries just wouldn't get made.

go to bed chris

youtube.com/watch?v=jRkqlpZeGq8

Trailer's leaked

>Then why don't kids watch it anymore?
Because the Doctah is oold and oogleh

its 4pm

Kids have Lego films, Marvel films, endless cartoons and 24 hours channels full of shiny shit to watch.

Simplifying who for the imagined 5yo audience is retarded.

FAAAAAAAAAAAKE

Did Moffat know how ballsy it was to cast Capaldi, an older actor, as the Doctor? Or did he not realize that """fans""" would be so shallow?

With ratings and approval dropping he would have to be an idiot to deny this.

He originally planned to cast an older Doctor for 11 but then Matt Smith's audition changed his mind.

Moffat tends to dramtize and spin everything he does.
It's more likely his first choice was Cumberbatch until he cast him as not-Sherlock Holmes.

WHEN I WAS

Shit. I did a search for doctor who in twitter videos and somebody (@Whoscaper) had posted it like 50s ago. Clicked the tweet and it had already been deleted, but I did manage a slightly shitty screen recording. Sorry about the loading thing. It's completely broken and I can't get it to play now.
sendvid.com/0hj02juo

I'm sure the BBC hates Moffat for casting a man whose face they can't put on merchandise because he's not young and pretty.

>he's bored now.jpg

ITS REAL

I ain't clicking that shit nigga

Mark Gatiss is the one who talked about it, not Moffat. I don't think Cumberbatch was ever interested in Who.

>sendvid.com/0hj02juo
its real lads

>he doesn't believe me

KINO
I
N
O

Why does she make so many stupid faces

Absolutely fucking GOAT I'm so excited

lol you just got BTFO nigga

>NARDOLE WITH THE SCREWDRIVER

MEME
A
G
I
C

because shes stupid

reminder some user is triggered by capaldi smiling

>hewasthedoctorallalong.jpg

Nardole has a Classic Series sonic screwdriver. What the FUCK??????????

Also Missy looks GOAT

Not feeling Bill but the rest looks promising.

holy shit your right
thats a baker screwdrvier

GOAT

>33 seconds in
>"Something's coming Bill"

A trapdoor with Gallifreyan writing on it.

The Doctor keeping something in the university meme....was REAL

nice giant squid/octopus

Same planet Ten took Rose too?

Full trailer in perfect quality!

drive.google.com/file/d/0B-2D7mi3tdO5RktSWms0cktwc1E/view

>implying i'm going to open that link

thank you lad

BASED

I will agree with this just because it makes fun of Moffat's writing

Wasn't Eight rumoured to be in there?

Hello Gareth

The 'leaker' from GB said it's the 13th Doctor