*lifts poncho*

*lifts poncho*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UVuAqLTmvFY
youtube.com/watch?v=UIpLcj5XAjE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*hits a fat blunt*

*bad hombre dies*

>that blind-item that Clint banged (and funded) a prominent member of the Black Panthers
kek
literally /our guy/

the most alpha man to ever live

>dollars trilogy is literally a parody of murrican macho-ness and obsession with guns
>murricans are so thick in the head they don't see this and Clint becomes an icon of rugged manliness

I think it's just supposed to be about an anti-hero instead of a hero. A wolf eating a wolf if you get me.

While I do like Clint and think his role is very cool in these flicks, it was pretty obviously satire. The hat shooting and boot stepping scene from Few Dollars More comes to mind. I think Sergio himself went on record calling it a satire of American westerns.

new dollars trilogy when?

Now if you were making this argument for Tarantino I would understand. You're getting a bit ahead though. See what followed Clint was heroes like John Wayne. Although they're not perfect, they definitely fall on the good guy side. With Clint you can't tell if he's the good guy or not until half of the movie is over. I think this was Leone's contribution.

Too bad he didn't get any of the talent his father had, or height.

List essential Clint-Kino

1. Unforgiven
2. Dollars Trilogy
3. Outlaw Josey Wales
4. High Plains Drifter
5. Pale Rider

Who did it better?

bottom

top is kino though

Put Josey Wales on the bottom and move the other two up and I can get behind this.

>See what followed Clint was heroes like John Wayne.
You've got that backwards.

Yeah dun goof'd

youtube.com/watch?v=UVuAqLTmvFY

Last western kino

I watched Yojimbo a few nights ago and Fistful last night. I knew Magnificent 7 was a blatant copy, but not this one. What other Westerns are adaptations of Samurai films? I enjoyed seeing the setting and character translations.

lift a better poncho

It's based on Yojimbo, which is based on the book Red Harvest, which is a book about a detective coming into a town to investigate a murder and getting paid by a wealthy industrial baron to get rid of gangs that he hired to stop a union strike by setting them against each other.

It's rooted in a fairly subversive novel, but I think both possibilities are true. I think that the violence is supposed to be cool but we're also supposed to question why these events are taking place in the first place.

The remake is garbage, what the fuck are you smoking?

brainlet

>...and YOUR OTHER poncho blondie

Oh, I forgot.

It was made by meme directors so it's great even though it's shit.

Ponchos look comfy asf

Wayne came before but Clint and Leone changed how a wayne character could be motivated.

Wish they were still in fashion. They really are comfy as fuck.

They really aren't

yeah I wish it was socially acceptable to wear shit like capes and ponchos for men. I often walk around naked or in a towel or sometimes wrap myself with a big blanket and it just feels so comfy. I also think it gives a nice silhouette

agreed. The violence is supposed to be entertaining while at the same time tragic.

I can sort of see Fistful as being a bit tongue in cheek and silly in some areas. Satire is a push.

For a Few Dollars More and the GBatU are totally serious, non-satire though.

The "hero" is satirised because he isn't really a hero. He's out for his own good. Money is his goal. Although he doesn't harm the weak, and sometimes even helps them, he's still a remorseless killer.

Elements of satirical humour is not the same as the entire movie trilogy being satirical you fucking retard.

That's subversive, not satirical.

>parody of murrican macho-ness and obsession with guns
>obsession with guns
>mitrailleuse scene from a fistful of dollars starts playing

I'd say it's satire because he's the guy you should be cheering for, and he's almost as bad as the "bad guys". I think that's what Leone was going for with The Man Without a Name. He also became a trope that even Eastwood used in High Plains Drifter for instance.

>DYEL faggot like Clint being manly

kek'd

the westerns, but they were standing on the shoulders of giants

He's not that bad though. He manipulates the bad guys against eachother, makes off with the money and helps some innocent people in the process. He's self-interested, but has a heart of gold.

This. I wish I could walk around in one of those giant jackets draped on my shoulders like in one piece. We should wear them and make them popular user.

Guns are the great equaliser friend. Eastwood is so cold his hand never trembles.

In High Plains Drifter it was really only a promise.

He's obviously playing Satan in that movie.

>yeah I wish it was socially acceptable to wear shit like capes and ponchos for men

Wear a poncho then, dude. If you don't act cringey, as if wearing it makes you a more interesting person, and genuinely find it comfortable, no one worth worrying about will care.

What about all the killing? He walks into a room and guns people down without any emotion. Now you can say that this happened in older westerns where the hero shot down bad guys, but Eastwood is so excessive in it. It's not always self defence either. He will draw first and shoot people who are dying or surrendering.

I thought it was Justice. He was the embodiment of frontier justice. There you could get away with brutal crimes from lack of law, but great crimes could also be inflicted on you. It goes two ways.

FUCK EQUALITY

Depends on the film of the three. In fistful, he's clearly a good person as he saves the woman and let's her escape with her family and saves the innkeeper. In tGtB&tU, he's "good" in that's he's not as much as Tuco or Angel Eyes. He's still a ruthless murderer that leaves Tuco to die in the desert for his share of the bounty money.

Henry "the manlet" Rollins

No amount of muscle will save you from a bullet.

Nah, watch the movie again.

The Marshal told them to go to hell or whatever when dying.

Then Clint came along and:
>ridiculed the now-new-sheriff
>ridiculed the marshal
>exposed town's slut for being town's slut
>exposed local pastor's hypocrisy(he wanted hotel guests thrown out of the hotel by him to pay for sleeping in the church)
>exposed cowardice of local men(the only person from the town who shot during the entire movie was the dwarf)
etc. etc.

but most importantly

>started ruling the town via proxy
>renamed it to "Hell"

As inspector 'Dirty Harry' Henry Calahan, in the smash hit 'Dirty Harry'.

Although Magnum Force is enjoyed by true patricians

>>ridiculed the marshal
mayor*

Still can't decide which soundtrack I like more

Why do you think he got the people to paint the town red?

And what about the dinner?

I read it as him showing the 3 outlaws what awaits them in hell. They will be well received there is what he's trying to say.

I don't agree with you that he's the devil though. The devil would be much more brutal. The Rider acts with cruelty but he's always just in what he does.

Does anyone really enjoy A Few Dollars More, and The Good The Bad and The Ugly, but not really enjoy a fistful of Dollars? I just found it quite boring and lacking a lot of things.

Felt that way about A Few Dollars More my satanic friend. I really enjoyed A Fistful.

I thought it was him going hard on the saying 'I'm gonna paint the town red', as a kind of incredible pun. Or, practically, because he knows that the townspeople are useless shitters, to scare the bandits so they're easier to kill- which it does. I like your idea as well about premonition. But it's classic western gothic, in that his motivations and character are ambiguous to a degree.

I also agree with him being THE Devil is a little excessive, but definitely a supernatural figure- maybe more of an angel of death type?

I can understand that. It felt a bit more campy altough I enjoyed it greatly.

>an angel of death type
Well it is kind of implied that he is the spirit of the murdered marshal, and as we know the marshal is a symbol of justice so I'll keep hammering my point about him being some kind of embodiment of ruthless justice.

Now to add to what you said earlier. The marshal does tell the whole town to go to hell (I'm not sure what the exact quote is). Instead of letting the bandits sack the town, which would be justice in a way, he instead shows up in person and makes the town a living hell (fire included). He said he will see the townspeople in Hell and so he does. A Hell on earth.

>Why do you think he got the people to paint the town red?
For the same reason why he renamed it.

My basis for the "Clint=Devil" bases on the fact that he sort of punishes all the citizens for their sins.

The dinner is another part of the town's slut arc. She pretends to be a true lady but then eats "like a bird", showing that this is yet another charade of her.

This is visible across the entire movie.

The dwarf becomes a sheriff and a mayor(both of whom were figureheads), all shopkeepers lose tons of money on various excesses of Clint's. Hotel owner loses everything he had for being backstabbing cunt, with the only person who gets off relatively easily being his wife who is remorseful about the night they ordered to lynch the marshall.

its gotta be that western man

you're right
i need to rewatch this clearly wasn't paying proper attention first time round lol

Does anyone know of anything similar btw?

ok meant to reply to but youre both spot on so

youtube.com/watch?v=UIpLcj5XAjE

My friends got me a poncho for a birthday. Its comfy as shit and I wear it outside as well. Literally dont give a fuck. Comfiest shit i have.

Fistful Clint is clearly a more mellowed TGTBTGU Clint. He starts out a lot colder, but his experience with Tucco is largely a bonding one. By then time he acquires his iconic hat and poncho, they're as close to being actual friends as is possible for either of them, and Clint clearly continues to soften as time passes.

I definitely think it's the weakest of the three

no one has the charisma of toshiro mifune so you got your answer.

Italians were just westaboos, nigga. There's no more to it.

Guns may be tools of the weak, but they are also the tools of the winners. Enjoy being strong and dead.

>BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

pale rider