Batman Vs Superman - Creative Process

writingstudio.co.za/bringing-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-to-the-big-screen/

Director Zack Snyder states, “We felt an interesting way of beginning this story was to examine Superman from another perspective, Batman’s perspective. Bruce doesn’t know who Superman is; all he knows is what the public knows. He blames him for the lives lost in Metropolis, lives that he felt responsible for. His hatred has been building up inside, and now, all this time later, he’s finding reinforcement of those feelings in the media.”

"For two years, Superman has soared to the rescue of countless victims around the globe and the world has praised his god-like abilities. But with unavoidable destruction in the wake of good deeds, the collateral damage from his efforts is finally causing many to question those who will only see what he can do, without debating whether or not he should. It’s a question he has even begun to ask himself, thanks to the machinations of one masterful mind hell-bent on his humiliation…and destruction."

“When we find Superman, he’s been dealing with everyday life as a Super Hero, but there’s a distinct shift happening in how his heroic efforts are viewed, thanks to the unintended consequences of those acts,” Snyder continues. “Every action has a reaction; one guy’s rescue leaves another in distress. We wanted to explore the reality of saving people and what intervening can really mean. The classic idea with Superman is that he’s a good guy trying to do the right thing and that he isn’t political, but in truth, in today’s world, it’s impossible not to be, no matter your intentions.”

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TahirHawar96
twitter.com/GeekPride5/status/811066458042155008
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fucking hack

“Superman is beginning to face the exact challenges Jonathan Kent was worried about,” observes Henry Cavill, who reprises his dual roles as Clark Kent and the Man of Steel. “The world is filled with fear after being attacked by aliens and literally shaken to its very core. Despite having what they look to as a redeemer, the people need to direct their fear at something. In the meantime, Superman is still trying to do right by everyone and ignore the slings and arrows.”

Like Affleck, Cavill is conscious of the worldwide affection for his character and the responsibility that goes along with it. “Superman genuinely matters to a lot of people,” he states. “The more people I’ve met since playing him, the more I’ve realized that the decisions we make in telling his story now and in the future must take into consideration their care and love for the character.”

“I think that these characters and stories are not only highly entertaining, but they provide a terrific example of what to do or not do, how to behave or not behave, and enable us to compare ourselves and our actions against them,” Cavill continues. “In the last film, the world was attacked by aliens and nearly destroyed. That event thrust Superman into the public eye, and since then he’s continued to try to do the right thing and get a closer connection to humanity, but he’s left questioning whether humans really want his help or not.”

fucking pleb

That's nice and all, but why did the movie still suck?

it's an allegory for destabilization and chaos created by american interventionism.

What is the creative process behind the email character setups and the quip throwaround while they fight a big end of the world like CGI monster?

Fucking masterpiece

>MUH SYMBOLISM

It ironically makes his work ever simpler and more finite, especially the way he's shoving it in.

But certain arrows will be harder to deflect than others, and if Bruce Wayne, as Batman, is intent upon acting out a revenge fantasy on Superman, how might one describe his fellow industrialist Lex Luthor’s reasons for undermining the “red cape”?

As screenwriter Chris Terrio observes, “Both Bruce and Lex are billionaires, both are orphans, and both are obsessed with Superman’s absolute power. They have, at a point, the same agenda: stop Superman at any cost. But Bruce’s motives are basically good, while Lex is pathological.”

All three men—Clark, Bruce and Lex—are products of what was bequeathed them by absent fathers or memories of fathers who are gone, another theme explored in the story. Each man is struggling in his own way: Bruce, who is older now than his father ever was; Clark, who is righting wrongs for a ghost; and Lex, whose relationship with his father was…less than idyllic.

After what took place at the end of the previous film, it just might be plausible, the filmmakers posited, that Bruce and Lex would direct a common anger toward Superman.

>he blames the movie for his lack of good taste

Marvel Marketing department on suicide watch

The movie was great.

Maybe in the first two acts.
The whole third act is one giant studio dump with marvel like cancer quips, an end of the world CGI monster and abysmal setups for other upcoming studio comic book movies.

Your skin is white and not poo coloured
You don't have reddit, twitter, Sup Forums or videogame sensibilities

To be fair he has successfully reinvented the superhero genre, and created some of the best films of all time such as Watchmen and MoS.

He does this despite the game being rigged against him. he continues on without complaining. as a lover of cinema and intelligent thought provoking films i have a lot of respect for Snyder.

Having won an Oscar for writing Ben Affleck's Argo, Terrio says he's surprised to find himself now writing superhero films, but he's approaching them with an impressive intellectual rigour. As far as the comics go, he namechecks Frank Miller and Grant Morrison. But his reading is wider than just the nailed-on Bat-classics.

"For Batman V Superman I wanted to really dig into everything from ideas about American power to the structure of revenge tragedies to the huge canon of DC Comics to Amazon mythology," he explains. "For Justice League I could be reading in the same day about red-and blueshifts in physics, Diodorus of Sicily and his account of the war between Amazons and Atlanteans, or deep-sea biology and what kind of life plausibly might be in the Mariana Trench." At this point he may be superheroed out, however: he says he won't necessarily continue to Justice League - Part Two.

>Bruce doesn’t know who Superman is

Fucking told every last one of you cunts that said otherwise

In developing the story of “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” the question arose as to whether or not such a Superman can openly exist in 2016, or if he is purely a creation of a more innocent time. Can all that he stands for survive in a world as complicated as ours, with so many competing and conflicting agendas and alliances? With today’s all-access 24-hour news cycle, how does one fight for global truth and justice without fear of indictment?

The filmmakers determined that after the details of a seemingly successful rescue are somehow turned against him, the world, too, begins turning against Superman—his country’s government and media, and even a fellow crime fighter, leading the charge.

“When we started talking about what would be Superman’s challenge for this next movie, we knew we couldn’t find bigger physical stakes than the destruction of the Earth,” Zack Snyder says, “so we had to make the emotional stakes higher. And who is a more worthy foil for a philosophical war than Batman? Once you say that out loud, it’s hard to go back.”

Pajeet shills BTFO once again

>With today’s all-access 24-hour news cycle, how does one fight for global truth and justice without fear of indictment?
I love how people got offended over the movie using CNN even though what Snyder and Terrio really are doing is damning MSM

Snyder has created Superhero movies to fit in the modern age. they are the most realistic depictions of superheroes ever.

Marvel Creative Process

>And then ScarJo does this cool thing because women are cool like that and then the studios said we needed to tease Infinity Wars more so we added more cliffhanger scenes as to maximize potential profits.

That sounds more like how Ayer wrote Suicide Squad but throw in some licensed pop songs and Will Smith smacking his lips every 2 seconds

This movie was too ambitious for it's own sake. You can't do philosophy and capeshit in one movie, people won't understand it. As it pains me to say it, Marvel is better at capeshit than Zack because they accept the genre is shit and they make awful shitty movies you can watch while looking at the phone.

Capeshit should be left to the Kevin Feiges/Michael Bays, the genre doesn't deserve a movie like this

DC Creative Process

>And then Superman is Jesus because symbolism and then the studios said we needed to tease all the other upcoming movies so we added some expositional email character setups and side characters as to maximize potential profits.

Being circlejerks who sniff Snyder's farts will totally get you laid

>Michael Bays
You don't know the first thing about cinema or art, Facebook movie buff.

Of course the genre can have movies like this and should have movies like this. I just think that the movie was released five years too soon and people weren't ready for a superhero movie that wasn't a quips-and-CGI fest.
I hope Justice League keeps the same bold attitude as BvS. A Marvelification of Snyder films would be bad for all.

It was great though. Can't speak for the theatrical cut though, which I didn't see.

>Marvel Creative Process
>OK you got the Iron Man 1 template? Change the characters names, add quips. Focus test, ok it's shit, add more quips. Focus test, ok they like it, add some China pandering and that's it, good to go!

t. marvelcuck

this thread is for oscar winners only

>Batman’s perspective. Bruce doesn’t know who Superman is; all he knows is what the public knows. He blames him for the lives lost in Metropolis

And he is correct for thinking that

You didn't even read my post, so you can go fuck yourself.

>A Marvelification of Snyder films would be bad for all

Suicide Squad was the second biggest commercial hit of the year after Deadpool, not looking great

BvS made more than Suicide Squad. Also BvS destroyed most everything in blu-ray sales.

how do i look this alpha and sophisticated at the same time?

>The classic idea with Superman is that he’s a good guy trying to do the right thing and that he isn’t political, but in truth, in today’s world, it’s impossible not to be, no matter your intentions.”
Snyder makes the correct assessment and as such becomes the victim of his own foretelling.

>everything i don't like is trump!
and this is why no one likes the media anymore

I really don't understand the hatred towards the email. Earlier in the film lex and the senator mention the Metahuman Thesis, which is basically "These people exist and are thriving and could kill us all without even trying". It would have been worse not to show anything. Plus you can see there are dozens of files in each folder, meaning someone has been knee deep in research for a long time. So can someone explain to me the autistic hatred you people have for the email scene?

oh so there was a process.

You owe it to yourself to watch it desu. They really did cut out too much.

Like most anything in BvS, Marvel shills are desperately attempting to latch on anything that might give them a convenient "it's shit!" excuse without being forced to actually argue.

>DC
Actually that's just the hack director and his no talent dp fault

For example the noland trilogy
All the movies to me are shit, but its one of the best retelling of the bible I've ever seen and it's extremely subtle(save for the last movie)

Because it is the most lazy ass basic way of introducing a character. Literally on screen textual exposition.
It's basically a sin in screenwriting, absolutely zero artistic value in it whatsoever.

>there are people ITT shitting on BvS who unironically enjoyed Civil War
Marvel Pakis have no shame

You shouldn't talk about your brothers like that, shitskin. Especially ones that do browse this board and make most of these threads
twitter.com/TahirHawar96

>Marvel shill literally had to go make fake twitter accounts
How pathetic. Stay in the Marvel threads Pajeet.

Then I guess I won't watch it.

Is this fake too? The one you shitskins would spam relentlessly last year to prove that both the OP movie and Suicide Squad were good?
Or how about this one? twitter.com/GeekPride5/status/811066458042155008
Take your anti-white ideals back to Sup Forums

I mean they cut out too much from the theatrical lmao

It's realistic though.

Who the fuck even cares about these twitter accounts? Are Marvel Pajeets really this desperate for scapegoats they turn twitter upside down? What a dumb poo.

But that doesn't make any sense. There are scenes in the theatrical which aren't in the ultimate edition?

Brown people have lower IQ on average, it'd be unfair to expect them to not only understand but also enjoy a movie like this. Marvel has them covered, the Trump of movies should focus on white people, just like the Trump of real life

Not you because you're not authentic to this board. It is proof that the capeshit and pleb parasite on this board is done by outsiders and not actual locals. This is something you should care about if you are true to our cause.

Marvel Nu-males BTFO and literally on suicide watch

Reminder to report Marvel Pajeets who are just here to derail and shitpost.

Says the Marvel apologist who can't deal with actual good superhero movies.

Go wallow in your shit in the nonexistant Marvel threads since nobody cares about that shit.

>the movie is so shit you have to come up with all these stories and behind the scenes shit so it won't feel that awful in retrospect
damn
imagine directing movie this bad and having to live with it

It's great though. Best cape movie I've seen.

damn
imagine being a Marvel pajeet being forced to shill Kevin Feige's literal feces

Now think about it. This is the exact same tactic they used against trump(ie accusing his team of X whilst the leaks showed that they did most of that stuff). There is more and more proof showing that the DC capeshitters on this board are the ones that have non-white skin.

>Marvel apologist
We, the actual Sup Forums posters took care of them years ago when they tried to push this shit with their movies. You're next and as you can see with the post above yours, your friends are using Sup Forums tactics when they can't handle actual Sup Forums.

Isn't that the guy who made Ghostbusters 2016?

>Marvel is actual Sup Forums
No Marvel is literal cancer on the medium and Marvel alongside its Paki shills should be eradicated from this board once and for all. You've already ousted yourselves more than once by constantly posting cuckold Evans and Reddit images.

nah m8 all the marvel movies are also fucking awful but snyder capeshit is on other level of awful
if anything Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are easily the best capeshits so I'm DCuck more than marveldrone

Sure, a man reading his emails is realistic, but it doesn't make a good movie.

Why are Marvel Pajeets so obsessed with BvS? Did the movie really frighten them that much?

Movie's great though. I don't really care whether you liked it or not.

You can drop the facade Pajeet, nobody's falling for it. Isn't there a new Thor you should shill?

>Marvel is actual Sup Forums
Where does it say that, spic?
>We, the actual Sup Forums posters took care of them years ago when they tried to push this shit with their movies
Did you stop reading because I illuminated your grey areas about our art board? Do you fear old Sup Forums?

BRUH

THE THEATRICAL IS TWO AND A HALF HOURS LONG

THE ULTIMATE IS OVER THREE HOURS

DO THE FUCKING MATH AND FIGURE OUT WHICH ONE TO WATCH

>When the Marvel Paki thinks old Sup Forums would have ever approved of infesting the board with Disney shilling
Marvel Poos are being exposed harder day after day. Won't be long before you are forever eradicated back to Twitter and Reddit where your shilling unwashed asses originated.

>I don't really care whether you liked it or not.

Well it sure doesn't like it after all of these posts and replies

Well he made the mistake of even attempting to argue with smelly Marvel Poos.

The complete film, obviously.
Not even a question.
Why would anyone watch an incomplete, slaughtered version of a film?

>Now think about it. This is the exact same tactic they used against trump(ie accusing his team of X whilst the leaks showed that they did most of that stuff). There is more and more proof showing that the DC capeshitters on this board are the ones that have non-white skin.
Also another thing I've forgotten is the nu-male accusation. All of the whites we've uncovered (who also post here) who praise this director and his capeshit movies have been nu-males.
Again you've decided to read only some of what your low IQ non-white brain can process. Nowhere did I say that
>took care of them years ago when they tried to push this shit with their movies
Your attempts to defend yourself and your friends are disgusting

>A Marvel Poo unironically went through the trouble of putting falseflagging accounts together
They are really pathologically obsessed with this. How much is Disney paying you? In toilet rolls?

>le marvel boogeyman

sure thing buddy

Are you submitting to your superior now, outsider? You've just proven you're extremely new here too.

It's not a boogeyman when literally every thread has the same desperate reaching by the same Marvel Poos thread after thread.

Nobody's falling for it. You can pretend to be some elite Sup Forums user when ultimately, you're here to shill shitty Marvel flicks for kids. Drop the act, Poo. Nobody's falling for it.

I really liked this movie...still haven't seen SS or any Marvel movie since Antman...

>different people notice the same flaws in a movie

wow what must be payed marvel shills right
And then I can say that every thread has the same desperate reaching by snyderfags too about the on the nose biblical symbolism etc

>that marvel shill claiming that marvel shills are the white ones

You can't make this shit up

>release shit
>sequel planned before release
>spend time between release of shit and sequel attempting to realign public opinion to get people to think shit is actually good
>release shit again
>repeat

>all the proof is there
>all the old Sup Forums ideals have been shown
You've even outed yourself here as being someone extremely fucking new and now you're running around in circles to try and hide that. I'm starting to doubt you even came from Sup Forums or in fact any board on this site. Are you a twitter user, redditor or someone from Warner Brothers pr team?

Holy shit the Marvel Poo literally won't stop. This is hilarious.

Dude stop, Marvel is shit and your nigger mental gymnastics won't change that

What the fuck is wrong with these Marvel Pakis? Literally can't handle BvS even existing.

kek I didn't know Henry was only barely not a manlet.

Why are you posting a Muslim sympathizer? Does this have something to do with your skin color being the same tone as the people he likes?This also brings up another question about this whole thing. Why do none of you seem know about our not very old at all quote unquote "meme" about him and his muzzie love?
>Marvel is shit
Where did I say it wasn't, reddit space poster? You're just simply the next target for old Sup Forums to get rid of and pushed back to Sup Forums just like the Marvel fans after Captain American 2

>90 posts
>23 posters

sure a lot of samefagging going on here

Literally one marvel shill overcomoensating his brown skin

Ben is 6'4 and Gal is in heels. Henry, at 6" is at optimal biological and aesthetical height. Id suck his dick and im not even gay Snyders the only manlet, but hes ripped and not insecure so we cant make fun of him.

I am pretty sure you wrote Marvel Poo atleast 5 or 6 times in this thread alone.

First post, now tell me about how Sup Forums won that epic battle against the marvel shills again. It was nore entertaining than Civil War

Yeah, Armond is correct in his assessment that Snyder is a "sly dog"

The fact that people appreciate this proves you wrong. Michael Bay is kino as well and proves you are plebeian

Love the movie, but it didn't feel like it had it's place, I understand that it was ther for the studio, but you could probably cut out that and the Wonder Woman parts.