I'm 20 minutes in and holy shit she's insufferable

kys she's pure and adorable

fuck off

They usually are in Malick movies. Terry can't write female characters.

2deep4u

It's a pretty straight movie actually.Why would it be too deep for anyone?

What did Malick want us to take away from this kino?

Elle should be in the remake because she has the same pure quality

She's too model-esque. She looks like a thing to be snatched from a pedestal and fucked. Not the same pure quality at all.

*phfggg puuuukkke*
*brrrpp*

This is the only Malick film that is any good.

tpbp

You're objectively wrong. It's his only simple movie, which is the only reason you understand it. Never come to this board again.

Well I liked this movie but I'm not sure why did Kit wanted to be caught.I think it's because he wanted to be famous, important.

>he can only comprehend badlands as a simple film.

be gone, pleb.

>I have not read a single book in my life, but my uneducated insight into 'deep' films, imposing meaning about God and life and stuff from no coherent standpoint that isn't actually there, is me understanding his deep films

It's Twilight compared to his other films.

>i read books, therefore im smart

>Having not read a single book in my life, I can't comprehend the fact that reading books exposes one to different viewpoints, or more comprehensive studies of viewpoints that make a more comprehensive system of interpreting the world instead of whatever I picked up from my ephemeral understanding of life derived from postmodern flicks, cartoons, and video games

Sup Forums interprets a film:
>Wow the main character died, it must be symbolizing Jesus

>thinks his other films are deeper
>has only reached a superficial appreciation of badlands

lmao@yourlifem8

>look at these words and revel in my intelligence

>My mind blanks whenever I see a post more than 20 words long.

>dude ephemeral lmao. BOOKS

Quality interpretation, I guess you understand Malick after all.

>postmodern flicks, cartoons, and video games
>when you try to be intelligent and cultured but oust yourself as a worthless adjective slinging dilettante

this

nu-malick is a hack and fuck lubezkis meme cinematography

>Flicks, cartoons, and video games produced in an age of postmodernity are not postmodern

Imagine being such an autistic fuck off, that 20minutes into a movie, you just have to pause it and run straight to a Mongolian yak trading forum to express your opinion to a bunch of strangers.

Postmodern doesn't just characterize a time frame you pseud, it's a movement that has absolutely nothing to do with video games or comics

Postmodernity is a timeframe, postmodernism describes intellectual and cultural currents occurring at that time

It's a movement with certain characteristics. Name me some comics which contain postmodern themes

>video games
>art

WRONG!

I'm not talking about a TV Tropes 'movement' about 'deconstruction' or whatever, I'm referring to all cultural production in the time of postmodernity, which cannot help but be 'postmodern' in accordance with how people come to experience life in 'postmodernity' i.e. through media, images, and consumer products, and how that is transferred by the individual to cultural production he or she creates. The end result is an aggregation of signs that reference other signs, referencing other signs, etc. My point was that passive consumption of 'ephemeral' cultural products doesn't give one enough insight or knowledge to generate any important meaning from a text like a film.

I didn't say video games were art.