Mongolian language...

Mongolian language. music and culture seems so interesting but I wanna know if I'm just romanticizing a place that's actually a shithole.

Is it worth ever visiting Mongolia or learning the language? Seems like it would be dope as fuck to hike along the steppes

youtube.com/watch?v=1rmo3fKeveo

You know there are huge ass botflies that can lay maggots in your skin there right

Otherwise just get a guide and you'll be fine

No Mongolians use traditional Mongolian

Apparently they have one of the highest suicide rates in the world.

Hire a guide and visit Mongolia but learning their language is a waste of time. Mongolians don't even use the Mongolian script and their literature is unimpressive. Their empire was a shitty and destructive mess too. Mongol fanboys are cancer.

>Is it worth ever visiting Mongolia
Yes probably
>learning the language?
Learning a new totally alien language takes years. It's not worth it learning a useless language like mongolian.
Learning basis of Russian is enough if you want to communicate with the locals who don't speak english

>I'm just romanticizing a place that's actually a shithole.
How can it be not a shithole, lol. Poor asian post-second world country.

You won't be welcome here, white scum.

I'm shook nigga

I have never been to Mongolia but I have tried their food before and it's fucking disgusting

Why do Mongolians like a kraut genocidal maniac, instead of the Mongolian genocidal maniac?

On a more serious note, their language is definitely worth to learn since it's unique for the region. Most of other steppe languages are Turkic. Mongolian script is almost completely useless though since they just use Cyrillic most of the time.
Krauts had a fashionable uniform.

they like both

Hotpot is nice

The idea of an Altaic language group is fairly outdated and dismissed by most linguists.

I know that. I just used the map to show areals of Turkic (blue) and Mongolic (green) languages.

That originated with the Chinese and Jurchens.

I thought it was the mongols, always kept seeing Mongolian hotpots in taiwan

I was semi-aware of that becuase of your actual post, I was pointing that out because someone else might associate it the wrong way. No hard feelings

No, Mongols never invented hot pot. "Mongolian hot pot" just means sheep is one of the main meats or they want to sound exotic. The Taiwanese also invented "Mongolian barbecue" which has nothing to do with Mongolia.

And Pan-Turanists are spreading their cancerous bullshit in that way, but I didn't got the impression that you are one.

All they ever eat is meat and some dairy. It's not that exciting, but I thought it was pretty decent when I visited a friend in Ulaanbaatar. Dunno if you were able to get some authentic Mongolian food in Australia, we have lots of "Mongolian" restaurants in Germany who are basically serving a mix of westernized Asian food.

>Pan-Turanists
What's that?

It was at a Mongolian friend's place. He served me a sheep's head. They eat a lot of fat and hate spices so it's just boring shit.

I'm phoneposting, so I'll keep it short. Turanists or Pan-Turanists are basically people who insist on the fact that Turkic, Finno-Ugric, Mongolian and sometimes Korean and Japanese people all have the same origin and share lots of common cultural and lingual similarities, hence the reason why they think that those people should try to allign themselves on ideological and cultural aspects. Some of the claims they have are holding SOME ground, like the fact that all the people I mentioned are using agglutinating languages and some of them may or may not share some common heritage, but they all weave it together into a huge pile of steaming bullcrap. If people,mostly Turks under my impression, are talking about stuff like a Turanid race or an Altaic language family, you can be 99% sure that they have shits for brain and are just trying to to spread their ideology for various reasons, mainly to get more people into their boat of faggotry. You can google it if u like, I'm shitfaced and I hate typing on cellphones.

Pic related, these are the claims of a possible Turanid nation, they may or may not include Korea and Japan. That's why I felt like adressing the post of the Ruskibro with his map.

thanks
you've been interested in those regions for a long time?

A little bit, yes. But I'm not really that knowledgable when it comes to these topics. Being a Roach is probably the only reason why I looked into that stuff in the first place.