If you don't like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter you have no soul. Yes Harry Potter I said it...

If you don't like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter you have no soul. Yes Harry Potter I said it, try and get laid for once, Harry Potter gets you laid more than the others combined.

not even going to shitpost but LOTR is too impenetrable and autistic, Star Wars is extremely poorly fleshed out and just the same thing over and over again and Harry Potter was never really believable at all and obviously for little kids still in grade school

>Star Wars
>heartfelt archetypal space opera serial callback setting, massive potential, ruined by the mouse

>Lord of the Rings
>masterpiece of worldbuilding and milestone in the fantasy genre whose effects will never be forgotten

>Harry Potter
>fucking hack garbage

>harry potter
>the wizard dystopia was never believable
Sup Forums gets more dumb by the second

Bleh, easy no thought opinion, lotr has shit world bulding in the films. I fucking mountain isn't world building. HP has more bravado than Star Wars.

Lotr>HP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Star Wars

Did I hit a nerve, OP?

LOTR movies are a marvel of filmmaking, Star Wars has itself become an archetype, Harry Potter? It's purely and utterly ripped off of other things with no new spin or angle and atmosphere.

The irony in this insecure statement is hilarious

>Harry Potter
Oh, here comes the copypasta....

that's a pretty poor bait my friend

they're all bad
lotr just seems less so because tolkien was autistic and built an entire world

Does anyone else think Harry Potter has been one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises? Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though r-right
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

I don't like any of those, they're all very simplistic and shallow.

he's right you know?

>rowling never revealed harry's tax policy
>even though he inherited massive fortunes twice and owned a house, he had never paid any inheritance tax

fucking hack

Yes well done op well done op HOWEVER

OP is right

This pasta is so good

You lost me at 'and'

>tfw Sirius became an animagus so he could tax evade

I like Doctor Who but not Harry Potter. My ugliness and he fact that I am a guy who can't be entertaining is stopping me from getting laid. Wish I was a girl so life would be easier.

>Harry Potter gets you laid

This pasta is delicious, but you skimped on the opener. Don't expect more than a 15% tip.

Devils advocate, the reason bookfsgs don't like it is because it does do its own thing atmospherically. Theres nothing like it in cinema, the progression over ten years is sublime, every film is different. LOTR wasn't consistent. Neither was star wars. The atmosphere in HP is great because the series direction is objectively great. You can't argue this without being a memer who thinks they are "shit".

>voldemort remained with only 1/7 of a soul
>he only had to pay 1/7 of the Spell tax

Bravo Rowling

But he's right

Fucking your hand/sister/brother/dog doesn't count

Star Wars is good
LOTR is kino
HP is crap

Star wars is disgusting

>the kind of girl who would fuck you for liking harry potter

I'd rather jerk off

hivemind plebs choice opinion is that star wars and lotr are good. The patrician opinion is HP and lotr

>Star Wars is good
Kek. The irony is that Star Wars is the "dullest franchise"

t. Virgins
Lord of the Rings and chill makes her dry as a desert. Star Wars and chill makes her leave. Harry Potter and chill gets you laid.

why do you always include attach tier list when you post that pasta? They barely have anything to do with each other.

>Star Wars is good
Pleb

Star Wars is straight garbage, as are parts of LotR, although Fellowship is very good.

Your opinion is just shit. Reddit/soccer moms/fedoras/nerds XD all rolled into one. Fuck off with your shit taste.

>Harry Potter and chill gets you laid.

Yeah but I don't like girls with down syndrome

Why would I want to have sex with a fat tumblrina "cat mom"

>"No!"

Why is this the trigger of the laughter?

FOTR>TTT>ROTK

IV>V>VI>I>III>II>RO>VII

DH1>PoA>HBP>OoTP>CoS>DH2>PS

>Theres nothing like it in cinema, the progression over ten years is sublime, every film is different.

This has got to be trolling. Everyone old enough to remember would remember the constant eye rolling each time a new book and movie was announced. It's never been viewed as anything more than shameless capitalism in regards to film.

I know you are all reclusive but a shitton of girls like harry potter. Therefore a lot of good looking ones. If she is ugly it is on you. The girl lotr fans are the uggos.

That's why they included the you bow to no one scene so that your tears can lube her up, mate

Please tell me you're being sarcastic

You can't really believe anything you just posted is true

How does it feel to be objectively wrong and an outcast?

Scene is pretty gay bro so not for women. And you have to wait a lifetime for it. I'm trying to be helpful Harry Potter does get you laid.

How are we outcasts when literally no film maker or critic of repute would champion the Harry Potter series as a great work of art?

Because the fat tumblrina chicks he's trying to bang like it, therefore everyone does

They were all championed you can use the internet you 17 year old star wars fan. They are more artistic then most threads here. Only the first two were lile the books.

>They were all championed

No they were never regarded as anything more than good popcorn movies.

Source: Any review aggregate site and the fact I'm 32 and wasn't young enough to be hoodwinked like you faggots.

Source: you never read any reviews apparently go look them up . Not imdb or metacritic reviews.

Not that guy but I just rewatched all of Cuarons stuff and Prisoner of Azkaban is actually his best effort. And very artistic. Granted if you never liked the series you might no understand the time travel is one of the only correct theoretical depictions on film. Back to the first point they were all critically acclaimed by a majority of critics for all facets of the filmmaking.

t. tryhards

I would also like to confirm that Star Wars is manchild trash and that you're clearly an upset manchild that's taken it personally that people don't like his children's franchise

star wars sucks monkey dick
harry potter is pleb tier
lotr is alright i guess

The way I see it is that Harry potter didn't have an influential impact on film making the same way that Star Wars and LOTR did. When I think of the impact Harry Potter had on film all I can think of is that it gave rise to young adult book adaptation/ franchise fad. Even if someone does not like Star Wars or LOTR it is hard to argue that they did not at least revolutionize film making and special effects. They have a noticeable impact on the kind of films that came after them and what could be put on screen. Harry Potter simply didn't have this. The only thing people latched on to and tried to copy was, lets find another popular book series and make that into a bunch of movies. Harry Potter is extremely popular but it is in no way as influential as Star Wars or LOTR, from both a technical and artistic perspective.

Harry potter actually perfected green screen technology if you knew what you were talking about.

An yea harry potter was so amazing everyone tried to copy and failed. Jackson is a hack and lotr is ruined with the hobbit. Star wars has been ruined. Hp is forever a classic. Maybe if you know nothing about filmmaking but they are a clinic for making good films. Lotr is bloated edited and paced terribly after fellowship and star wars hasn't been good for 30 years and has spawned way more cancer than hp

people have different tastes u know.