Should they have made his character a little more nuanced?

Should they have made his character a little more nuanced?

FOLLOW MY TRACERS

explain yourself, no one even knows who this guy is or what film you're referencing.

>no one knows
Not OP. I know
>spoonfeed me
Piss off cunt, this thread isn't for you

ENGAGE, ENGAGE!

Just for that I'm going to shit up this thread.

>no one even knows who this guy is or what film you're referencing.
kys, no if's and's or but's, just kys

welp, time to watch this again. gonna grab a bottle and start on episode 1.

Not just him. Every officer/senior enlisted in that series was a two-dimensional caricature of their rank.
>1stLt nervous trying to be a good leader
>LtCol only cares about impressing the generals
>Captain is a bumbling idiot
>SgtMaj yells about everything and talks like Aldo Raine.

They should have made his eyes bigger

I imagined every /k/ meetup to be a bunch of captain americas
>misunderstood genius
>on the spectrum
>prefers slavshit
>picks up war trophies
>always wants to attach bayonets

They're based on real people, you know. Also in the book they're even worse, including Godfather and the other staff officer with a shotgun who seems likeable in the show.

He also cared about his troops. That's hardly twosided.

This is either bait or reddit, either way I like it

Generation Kill had a great setting and a probably amazing real life story.

Sadly the characters appear cartoonish, everyone has these out of place speeches and monologues. The dialogue is garbage (probably realistic) and literally nothing happens, but driving around and occasionally having a small arms shoot-out.

I enjoyed GK, but its shit.

>the other staff officer with a shotgun
I remember in Fick's book he writes several times that he hates "Major Benelli"

All y'all complaining about the "characters" seem to forget that sgt rudy played HIMSELF

>caricature
Find a SNCO that isn't a walking cartoon. There is only one reason you end up senior enlisted in a conventional unit and that's because you have no where else to go and lack the skills for a commission.

Hey faggots, its me ( ) again. I have actually not only seen the series and read the book, but done time in the Corps myself.

Fick's book is ok, but he is a retarded idealist like many young officer are before they turn into Green-weenie ramming faggots with an insatiable lust for promotions and good fitreps.

The depiction of the enlisted men is good, especially for a bunch of 03's. Most of them are psychotic, join to escape the law or gang life, and/or just want to kill someone legally. They usually return with whatever added problems a deployment puts on them, compounding the horrible lives they thought joining up would fix, and have generally bad lives. See, e.g. homeless Vietnam vets on the street.

Either way, the series and book are gay and put a positive spin on despicable events and dysfunctional and broken people.

faggot ass pogue detected

I knew this would bring out some salt. I actually went through ITB myself and having nothing against you guys.

It just seemed to be that grunts overwhelmingly felt they had made a mistake, wanted to get out, and held up "muh infantry pride" to justify the fact that their lives are 100x worse than anyone else in the military and 98% of people below sergeant would change MOS in a nanosecond if they could.

Instead of honestly admitting their mistake and saying, yeah, being an 03 in FMF sucks , they yell "fuck you pogue."

Gotta be that way I guess

Rudy Reyes is literally the most BASED man in the unit

Are they supposed to be the marine recon who are special forces?

this might be the most pogue ass shit ive ever heard or read.
justify it any way you want champ, but the truth is plain to see, you were too bitch for combat corps but still wanted to wear a uniform and run your mouth to civvies.
No reminice on counting blankets or paper work or whatever other joke role you had

>you were too bitch for combat corps

Implying Humvee driver wasn't the billet with the most deaths.

Every MOS risked their life in theater if they got onto a truck, a helo, or had to go out with a patrol. YOU are the one constantly trying to justify that you're more of a badass than everyone else.

People who really fought don't come back and talk down to everyone. They are in the know of how fucked up war and death really are.

Keep larping faggot.

good retort, sometimes im to facetious for my own good

tbf im not American, and while i was a grunt and did deploy to afghan, my countries non combat corps did not leave the bases ever for any reason.
your right though, even your reservist female transport drivers in iraq saw more action that most other countries grunts did

>Implying Humvee driver wasn't the billet with the most deaths.
It wasn't.

Marine Raiders are special operations forces
Special Forces is an Army special operations force
No one in Gen Kill was special operations

>you will never bro out with fruity rudy

From what I've read, they receive training similar to spec ops, but don't classify under that category. Recon is intensive, but their job is mostly to observe and pass on.

Literally all me. Get fucked TV haha

this faggot is trying to pretend that he samefagged that argument but he didn't. Here's proof.

You're either trolling or a boot.

>tfw turbo POG
>spent 2001-2006 chasing pussy and drinking beer in places most people consider vacation destinations

man, i sure getting a TBI from being rattled around an MRAP was a hoot but i guess i'll just have to settle for a free college education and functional legs.

>careeradict.com
Nice fucking source.

>dying for Israel