Marijuana

Does Sup Forums consider marijuana degenerate and if so, why?

What's wrong about making it a regulated substance like alcohol and tobacco?

Other urls found in this thread:

unodc.org/documents/wdr2015/World_Drug_Report_2015.pdf
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_politicians_who_have_acknowledged_cannabis_use
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the culture that surrounds it is degenerate

for that reason it should remain illegal

>Does Sup Forums consider marijuana degenerate and if so, why?

No. I don't.

>What's wrong about making it a regulated substance like alcohol and tobacco?

Nothing. It's too smart for morons to comprehend?

>REDPILL ME ON MARIJUANA

read the sticky you cancerous fucking nigger

Guess we should ban liquor as well because that culture involves beating your wives and killing people while driving
>oh yeah we should

"I don't like people who do it" is not a valid fucking argument.

Define "degenerate" because you never fucking can or ever will. My definition of degenerate means "hurts people" and this does not fit that definition.

There is no "culture" that surrounds it. That doesn't exist anymore there there is cheese culture or harpooning culture. That's just you projecting emotional association with people you don't like. It's not reasonable or logical.

It causes schizophrenia

>OP didn't say redpill

Learn to fucking read dumb fuck.

>whaaa my feelings

Come up with an actual argument faggot.

>What's wrong about making it a regulated substance like alcohol and tobacco?
Yep.
Not an argument.

Wrong. People with schizophrenia will get it regardless, the only link between the two anyone has discovered is that it *might* trigger it's symptons earlier in people who already had it.

Alcohol causes dementia, no one seems to give a shit about that though.

How many people get dementia out of the hundreds of millions of people who drink

On the other hand 1 in every 2 weed smokers develop some form of schizophrenia.

It is literally schizo juice.

Stopped smoking it a while ago; used to smoke tonnes. Although I think it should absolutely be legal, it is without a doubt degenerate, senpai.

>On the other hand 1 in every 2 weed smokers develop some form of schizophrenia.
[Citation Needed]

You know there is this thing called google

>My definition of degenerate means "hurts people"

A dictionary mate, you heard of it? Here's the word's etymology; it's pretty interesting:

degenerate (adj.) late 15c., from Latin degeneratus, past participle of degenerare "to be inferior to one's ancestors, to become unlike one's race or kind, fall from ancestral quality," used of physical as well as moral qualities, from phrase de genere, from de + genus (genitive generis) "birth, descent" (see genus). The noun is from 1550s.

>make an outrageous claim
>hurr google it nerd

yes, but it seems you don't. Citation please

OK then retard

unodc.org/documents/wdr2015/World_Drug_Report_2015.pdf

"Degenerate" in the sense that it can turn people into brainless idiots and lead to addiction, not unlike any other substance out there. Doesn't mean it shouldn't be legalized in some form. People are going to use it regardless of the legality, and it has proven medical benefits as well as being great for taxation. And it is fun. Things I don't like;
>stigma
>stoner culture

Nothing is wrong with making it a regulated and well taxed consumable. Lots of communities could benefit from it.

The culture that surrounds it is degenerate because it's illegal.

Yeah, communities could benefit from paranoid schizos and lay abouts

>well regulated taxable consumable
hurr durr schizo

Ireland, put the whisky down for a minute and learn to reading comprehension.

Financially it is a smart move to legalize and tax it. Plus, why is it your issue what people do behind closed doors? If people fail to live up to societies standards they are dropped from society thats how things work. Alcohol and tobacco cause more harm than cannabis.

The culture that surrounds binge drinking is orders of magnitude more degenerate than weedfags ever could be.

>dont care
>i do smoke
>keeps me off the booze
>i feel overall better
>can't complain

>correlation=causation
All I see is cherry picking, with most of it being about adolescents using cannabis, which is dangerous.

Binging on any mild-altering substance is degenerate, but in small doses who gives a fuck as long as you contribute to your country and people.

Dude weed lmao

Banning drugs is effectively the same argument as banning guns. That is, people are not capable of the freedom associated with possessing these things, and thus shouldn't. Its big government bullshit and expands crime, not reduces it. Weed being illegal is what caused stoner culture in the first place.

long term effects on the psyche still have to be evaluated.

>Financially it is a smart move to legalize and tax it.

that's not a given when you factor in the economic impact lazy stonerheads have.

I actually read the study you are referring too and it clearly said in that study it just makes people who already have schizo even more so, it doesn't make someone who doesn't have it develop it.

>no one in history smoked weed.

American forefathers literally smoked "hemp" and had fucking hemp farms

How about the economic impact of cartel driven crime based on this cash crop? That is drastically more devastating than the laziness of stoners, who contribute anyway to the economy by buying tons of snacks. And if legalized, the money they send to the cartels and mafias would be given to legitimate businesses. Not hard to understand.

>he smokes the herbal jew

Weed is very good for you and in fact can even cure diseases, my 12 year old had cancer and a dab a day worked better than chemo ever could. He died a year after his diagnosis but that's cause his cancer was extra cancer, but the weed did him nothing but good.

I'm glad people can overcome their prejudices and welcome the plant. may your kid rest in peace

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_politicians_who_have_acknowledged_cannabis_use

God bless America

> Weed being illegal is what caused stoner culture in the first place.

I hate the term "stoner culture" but this is correct. Most people who talk about weed,don't smoke of have weed, they just literally meme-spout; most people who have weed don't actually talk about it because it's fucking illegal and they don't want to draw attention to themselves.

I'm experiencing this with my own family. I smoke weed, I live with my dad who's a part-time cop, so I'm incredibly secretive about it. My little sister (18) doesn't smoke, but likes using the phrase "dank" and "420" and "blaze it" all this other shit.

My dad the other day goes "what do you mean '420'" and I looked her dead in the eye and go "He doesn't need to know" and my whole family laughed but I'm thinking I have a felony amount of marijuana sitting right above their heads I don't need anyone to know about it.

I know it's a personal anecdote, but I've noticed this same thing with so many people. The non-actual-weed-smokers are the weed-meme spouters, I guess because they want to signal that they're cool and down with taboo things they don't actually know about. They have nothing to lose so they don't think it's a big deal.

RIP user-son

Marijuana makes one peaceful and productive

I smoke it though I'm trying to smoke less.

It's mentally addictive and pretty cheap. I use it as a mild pain reliever and anti anxiety thing.

I've had 4 surgeries in the past year and they don't give me more the 3 days or so of pain killers after because they don't want me to get hooked.

But for each one I've been in pain for up to a month after.

Before I was sick I smoked socially every now and then. Now I know I smoke too much.

> ctrl + f
> schiz
> 0 of 0
> dementia
> 0 of 0
> psychosis
> 1 of 3
> The shift
> towards increasing use of cannabis with high THC and low CBD content has also been linked to an increase in drug treatment demand and in the risk of cannabis dependence and vulnerability to psychosis, but there is little evidence of the direct impact of potency Short-term psychotic-like symptoms
> the commercial marketplace has made available a wide range of THC-containing food products, or “edibles”, which may increase the risk of accidental ingestion, acute intoxication, psychosis
Short-term psychotic-like symptoms

Conflating two phenomena and arriving at an inconclusive result isn't hard evidence. What we do know:

Cannabis can exacerbate schizophrenic symptoms of people certainly predisposed for schizophrenia.

Schizophrenics use Cannabis to self-medicate, which may be why the evidence showing some cannabis users as schizophrenic or developing schizophrenic symptoms.

Rise in cannabis use and potency has not correlated at all with the number of cases of reported schizophrenia, which has maintained a similar level over a number of decades.

Cannabis induces a temporary psychosis-like state which often gets confused as long-term psychosis, granting false-pretext for study seeking correlation between abuse and psychosis.

MOST study about the long-term affects are inconclusive. people have been smoking it for a very long time and we've yet to see any concrete results. It's been known the direct long-term consequences of drinking alcohol in excess before the advent of documented medical study.

>>ctrl+f

>dementia

>0 of 0

I smoke weed (praise Trudeau) and I use "420" and "dank" but generally only when I'm shitting up video game chat

Correlation does not equal causation. Twin tests have shown schizophrenia is genetically linked and most schizoids will self medicate before seeking professional treatment you autist

Alcohol and tobacco are bad enough. We don't need another government approved vice.

I used to work at a psych hospital, and we had pretty many people with psychosis due to alcohol.

why are so many people in this thread getting trolled by that one retarded italian?

More or less this.

>Constantly cry that drug dealers make so much money and are involved in multiple types of crime
>It's already been proven that zero tolerance does literally fucking nothing on anything
>There is no grey area where the government is concerned, it's either black or white
>Therefore there is no compromise
>If they were really interested in stopping crime and stopping dealers making money they would simply flood the market, take control themselves by regulation and kill 50 problematic birds with one stone
>Won't do it because a grey area doesn't exist

Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't.

Its like alcohol to me. I don't smoke anymore but if you work all week and want to blaze on a Friday night so be it.

this

Lmao all these fucking faggots who want to control what substances other people use. Fucking sickening to be honest.

Yes let's just continue to sell cigarettes which are one of the most addictive/harmful substances to 18 year olds and continue to allow the single most degenerate drug: alcohol to be widespread.

However... let's get rid of weed because hur dur hippies. Kill yourselves faggots.

if weed bothers you grow up

>Yes let's just continue to sell cigarettes which are one of the most addictive/harmful substances to 18 year olds and continue to allow the single most degenerate drug: alcohol to be widespread.

you sound like a nigger

Yes.

I've smoked weed from 15/16-23 fairly regularly with some breaks. I've been around the people that use it. I've grown a 60 plant indoor operation yielding top shelf bud with very high quality California genetics.

Like any substance - a light intoxication among friends every certain occasion can be fine and fun. But I seem to be in the 1% that realizes this in the weed smoking community. 1% might even be generous. People who smoke weed always go overboard, always feel the need to smoke every day at some point, or delude themselves into thinking they need it for something. People will get insanely high and try to function like a normal human (or act like they aren't high/isn't effecting them) and this leads to rigid behavior, confusion, paranoia, and insecurity. 9.5 times out of 10.

Weed is an addictive substance and while I'm not sure whether it should be illegal or criminalized - it shouldn't be socially accepted as much as it is today. To tell everyone, including children, that being high all day every day is cool and fun and say it has 0 repercussions is dangerous for society.

Also what I've noticed, in men, is that in the majority of male smokers - they become more docile/beta and can't tune into their masculine energy. In women of course makes them more feminine - hornier, submissive, desire to be led. The high boyfriend and the high girlfriend has 100% looked like a dysfunctional relationship in every instance. A man acting like a woman and a woman desiring a real man.

Of course these are all anecdotal, coming from personal experience, but has been my observation over the years and is the reason why I started lowering my usage and eventually put it down completely.

it smells much stronger than alcohol or tobacco, so it ruins public spaces

Bare handed? Have they no concern for food safety?

Shouldn't be illegal, but it isn't necessarily a good thing.

I can cherry pick a few people I know that smoke weed everyday and are high functioning and successful. That's about 5% of the total, however - most pot smokers are mediocre fuckups who are fully content with their shitty 0-$40k/yr existence.

I say legalize it but educate people that it makes you a fuckup moron if you do it more than occasionally.

Wow someone wants to smoke a plant... let me be a dick and get in the way of that ... do you people believe in karma?

So we should ban alcohol since the culture that surrounds that is even more degenerate right?

not an argument
>that's not a given when you factor in the economic impact lazy stonerheads have.
You mean the people that are already smoking weed regardless of its legality?

But it cures cancer

Honestly, this. I think weed and tobacco should both be illegal just because its fucking annoying to be around it and have to put with the fucking smoke.

It shouldn't be a huge crime, just like a $100-200 fine for smoking in public. And having it / growing it shouldn't be illegal. Just being an annoying weed-bro cunt about it should.

sure, open banning it up for debate

but do not unban what is already banned, for good reason

>You mean the people that are already smoking weed regardless of its legality?

easy access and legalization encourages the smoking, and that's how you get into it

Those people already fucking exist, in large numbers.

By and large people who don't do it now, wont do it under legalization. And if they do it's a one off thing because it's legal. I don't do heroin, if heroin were legal today, I still wouldn't do heroin.

13% of the fucking population uses it, we'd be seeing these doom and gloom prophecies already.

Because doing illegal shit is cool, moron

I used to smoke weed all the time in London. On the stairs once even right near some persons underground apartment. Got it from Compton or some district. Good times...

>open banning it up for debate
Alright. We tried banning it once, it didnt work.
We've tried keeping marijuana illegal for 40 years now and its done nothing to affect supply or demand.
How long should we continue failed policy?
>Easy access
when I was in high school back in the early-mid 2000s, it was WAY easier for me to get pot than alcohol. Why is that? Cause dealers dont check ID. I could get weed faster than I could get pizza delivered to my house. Alcohol actually took time and effort for me to acquire (more often than not more time/effort than I was willing to invest).
Keeping it illegal actually makes it easier for kids to get.

>just like a $100-200 fine for smoking in public
I think the states and Canada should at least make stoner "pubs" if they're going to impose hefty fines for smoking in public. I realize the smell isn't preferable to some people and it's more pungent than cigarette smoke, but if you're going to legalize it for recreational use, then give people a place to smoke it or at least designate outdoor areas for smoking like we do now for cigarettes.

Don't feel bad for my son that was bait I thought for sure someone would call me out lol

The pharmaceutical companies are keeping weed illegal because it cures cancer

>Nearly all Democrats want marijuana legalized

>The Democrats have had power for the last 8 years and they've done nothing to legalize weed or even lower penalties for it.

don't really consider it degenerate, but it's not for me. smoking pot makes me fucking crazy and stupid and I could never get anything done high. I think the whole 'magical plant' bullshit that people are trying to use to justify the legalization is complete bullshit tho. Just fucking say 'we like pot, legalize it'

Ridiculous statement, I'm all for cannabis legalization but don't go spouting stupid shit.

Yes it has been shown to inhibit the growth of certain cancer cells and may even kill them. Making the blanket dumbass statement of it cures cancer is dumbassery.

The feds haven't moved on it, but various states have. Legalization is going to be done at the state or local level, not the federal.

>How long should we continue failed policy?
till the crop is extinct you fucking drug addcit

I can only enjoy things and stay focused and concentrated on stuff when I smoke now, other wise I feel bored and can't find pleasure in things I know I like

Oh you....

>Why is that?

weed is small in volume and weight, it can be easily smuggled.

It cures cancer my nigga, you must be from a pharmaceutical company. Man like, if it was legal, like dude, clothes would be legal because hemp is cheap, like dude. clothing companies be keeping us down

I am too paranoid as it is and don't wa t to be bother finding strains that are more relaxing. Plus I can wait until it is legal. Just starting to get medical in my state.

Dude, you can like, use it as fuel bro, like dude, its free fuel, its illegal because oil companies would love profit

>The pharmaceutical companies are keeping weed illegal because it cures cancer
reduces tumor growth isn't the same as curing cancer, and it's only for soft-tissue cancers like skin cancer. That's not the reason they want it illegal though, because there are literally a plethora of ailments that can be treated with using non-psychoactive cannabis which would replace millions existing drugs which are used to treat those ailments. It would eradicate the need for drugs used to treat symptoms of other drugs that treat said ailments.

>Those people already fucking exist, in large numbers.

Yes. Acceptance has grown over the years. And making weed a product like alcohol and tobacco will further worsen the situation.

It causes schizophrenia

>till the crop is extinct
So never is what youre saying?
>We should continue to waste billions of dollars of tax payer dollars hunting down people for smoking a plant that the majority of the country wants legalized because feelings!
Congratulations on finding a way to be even more retarded than stoners.
>weed is small in volume and weight, it can be easily smuggled
Actually, its easy as fuck to grow and doesnt have the same debilitating effects as alcohol.
And also because drug dealers dont care if youre 16 or 60, as long as you have cash to buy.

Dude, theres, man, 26 million uses for weed

widening your perception is also cool

Colorado here, weed is a plague upon this state
>increasing rural land prices
>more retards in the mountains/on the slopes
>more leftists
>more illegal immigrants
>more violent crime
>more idiots claiming dosing a kid with THC is going to cure his autism
>more homeless
>pets and kids accidentally getting fucked up on edibles
People who smoke weed should be shot

yes because:
breaking the law intentionally is retarded
people base their entire lives on getting high which is pathetic

Waiting until it's legal is a good choice. Dealers will pawn off any scrape-weed they got just to make a sale on it. Half the time you ask them what strain it is, either Indica or Sativa, they'll just reply "tha bomb dude"

Bro, like dude, man, how can you use science when cannabis cures everything, its like, natural, dude, bro.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. a few smokers of the lettuce that I know are a bit annoying about it, but the green leaf of toke is nothing any more hazardous than alcohol or tobacco.

we need to keep it illegal because of weak willed addicts like yourself

That's just stupid people being stupid.

You have a stupid people problem.

>People want to smoke weed
>1 of 50 states legalize
>people start moving in larger numbers to that state
This is really more an argument for national legalization, instead of this piece meal state by state bullshit. Keep the lefties in their states and leave the nice states the way they are.

Weed can be used as rocket fuel, Nasa doesn't want weed legalized bro, because dude, its free space travel, bro.