How do we save the Alien franchise?

How do we save the Alien franchise?

Remove the aliens for a while

Make a sequel to Prometheus

grain in my juice?

Stop making them

We don't, it's already dead.

"franchises" are so fucking jewy, why cant they just make a movie and then leave it the fuck alone

Interesting. The first and best post seems to have instead been placed in the position of "fourth" post in this thread, for some odd reason.

CGI Aliens 2 where Ripley/Hicks/Newt/Bishop make it home safely but there's a Xeno on board and then the entire space station goes bonkers while Hicks plays the hero for most of the movie.

Looks like quality posting time is back on the menu harvesters

>How do we save the Alien franchise?

Let it die.

It was dead by the third movie.
>Alien
>Aliens
>Alien 3
Doesn't make sense. It should either be Alien 2, Aliens 2 or Alien: Subtitle. Also it was a terrible movie aside from the name.

Pass a law in congress to prevent anything new from the franchise being made ever again.

Hire Snyder.

I'm not even memeing.

Full frontal nudity

because the jewish people do not have principles higher than themselves/money. This means that they do not have such things as aesthetic principles, or the concept of not doing something on general principles even if you get paid a pile of money to do it.

yes

>Erase 4 and everything after it
>Never make another one again

There, fixed it.

With 70s bush.

The Alien franchise is like a teenager with acne before school picture day. He tries popping a zit in an effort to fix his appearance, and just ends up making himself look worse. And because he looks worse, he keeps trying to salvage his face by popping more zits. The more he tries to fix it, the worse of a hole he digs for himself.

That's Alien. Sequel after sequel after prequel after prequel. Each one fucking up the franchise more and more. Alien and Aliens are the only good movies in the franchise. Everything else is bullshit. the Ridley Scott prequels are especially annoying, because by this time the franchise was already fucked by Alien Cubed and Resurrection, and Scott was just opening up a scabbed wound and pouring more salt into it.

Jesus Christ that bush must be huge, and we'll never see it unless Sigourney turns out to be a super bro and uploads old nudes.

Stop trying to explain where they come from and whatnot. We don't need to know. Xenomorphs are easy, they are just the bigger fish, the predator above humans on the food chain and nothing else... there was no master plan, no plot, no genetically designed weapon... that's all bulshit. Space is big, it's not unlikely that some deadly predator favored by evolution lurks in the deep dark space.

Seriously...

more wheat

>alien is a terrible movie

Alien was good. Alien 3 was a terrible movie.

You don't, it should have never been a franchise
The Xenomorph should have never been made into this mascot character, the entire fucking point is that it's this scary ass creature that you never get a good look at. It also doesn't help that every Alien movie is essentially a minor variation on the theme of
>People in this confined space try and fail to survive while being hunted by the xenomorph
Where somebody'll find an egg, go "oh what's that", get raped, make a xenomorph, and then it'll kill everyone except the main character who incinerates it or some shit
It's like all those Friday the 13th sequels, except those at least had the good sense to become interesting by virtue of being fucking stupid and silly

Exactly. We didn't need this underwhelming Ancient Ayylmaos engineer bullshit to explain the Space Jockey. He was just an alien in a ship that crashlanded on this barren rock millions of years ago. That's all we needed to know. It didn't matter what it was or what its intent was.

Likewise, no further explanation was needed regarding the xenomorphs. They were a dangerous alien species. Alien showed us their life cycle, and Aliens showed us their societal structure with the queen at the top. That's all we needed. We don't need this bullshit where it actually turns out that aliens are experimental creatures created by having humans consume black goo and then have sex with a woman who then gets pregnant and gives birth to a squid baby and the squid baby then impregnates a space jockey with an embryo that then grows and bursts out of his chest as a protomorph that then undergoes further bullshit to give rise to xenomorphs and blah blah blah blah blah. It's all crap.

If he wanted to make a decent Alien sequel/prequel, they should've followed the same cue as Aliens, and take the concept but do something different with it. Instead, we just get these lazy half-assed retreads that seem to have a target audience of autists who spend their time writing articles on an Alien Wiki about the extended universe and speculating over all this incidental nonsense.

Entire movie about a crew on a giant cargo freighter complaining about how the bonus situation is unfair.

Side story, the ship's cat tries to catch a space mouse while scary music plays.

also.. lots of thick bush shower scenes

>How do we save the Alien franchise?
With spicy memes.

Plus improper relationship drama between Lambert and Captain Dallas. This could be troublesome if HR finds out.

leaving 3 intact? i don't get it

prometheus was bretty good tho and the new one looks cool. maybe you should be less of an autistic memelord?

jesus christ tldr bro. just post some memes and snarky comments, no one wants to read your tumblr

>mfw covenant spoonfeeds all the questions raised by prometheus and suddenly people will pretend to have always loved prometheus

>prometheus was bretty good tho

Dubs predicts what's next for the Alien Cinematic Universe

In case I win Wierzbowski Begins: the story of how Wierzbowski from Aliens had parents who previously encountered a Xenomorph because of some stupid contrived reason and he joined the space marines so she could help protect humans from alien threats

It was. Watch it after you finish your freshman English classes.
>b-but I wanted my slasher movie with a promotional line of toys, man!

Erase everything after Alien

would watch/10

Not him but It is horrendous. It gets worse everytime I see it on. The characters are all terrible save for david.

goddammit

hoping blomkamp version is Aliens tier of good
i personally cant wait, hope Elysium´s chemrail returns

Alien characters are always shit. It's a fucking horror movie. Try again.

i always wondered what would happen if a single Xenomorph actually made it to earth. I am not talking alien vs predator nor anything like that... it's obvious xenomorphs never actually made it to earth or the human species would be fucking dead already and the planet would be a barren wasteland.

I imagine it would be like that contagion movies or something but without ships for everyone to escape the planet it would be interesting to see how some joe does do... kinda like the first Alien. People trapped on a place where aliens are exponentially born without any preparation or means of escape.

I would rather have that, even though it's not a particularly good idea, than Prometheus and all that...

Everyone acts completely illogical, It ruins the mystery on Alien but don't worry its not a prequel but some sort of prequel set in an alternate universe? Stupid ass way of making a prequel.

The movie has no suspense, No actual horror except for maybe the little parasite in the charlies eye after he's been infected.

Also, You're just saying the characters are shit because you can't come up with any reasons to defend it because you have to be contrarian.

Well, aliens as a "contagion" are actually fairly self-limiting, because their requirement for a host means that there's a big bottleneck on how many aliens can be born. Doesn't matter how many eggs the queen shits out; if there aren't humans to impregnate, it means nothing.

The only times the aliens would be able to totally wipe out places would be small isolated settlements like in Aliens.

here you say:
>>b-but I wanted my slasher movie with a promotional line of toys, man!

and here you say:
>Alien characters are always shit. It's a fucking horror movie.

...so which is it? Is Prometheus a thinking man's movie that's far and above infantile slasher flicks, or can you just dismiss the characters being terrible because "dude it's a horror movie lmao"

Use pic related as the Final Boss Zenomorph.

>Everyone acts illogical, man!
That's kinda what people do in horror movies, faggot. What the fuck do you expect?

>It ruins the mystery of Alien, man!
So does Aliens but everyone and their grandma loves that movie. Sorry there wasn't enough gunfire for your tastes.

>The movie has no suspense, man!
Except it does with the constant death and searching for Alien gods who want to destroy the planet we live on? And a corrupt android who is willing to kill his teammates to further his mission? And how one of them gets left behind to fend for herself on an Alien planet lightyears away from Earth? And how we still know barely anything about the Engineers?

>You're just saying the characters are shit, man!
Alien characters are always shit. There's no real point in fleshing out characters in an Alien movie because they'll all be dead in less than 2 hours anyway. Even Ripley is a paper thin. It's not a literary character development exercise, it's a fucking movie monster series, and Prometheus was the first movie in the series to actually try something unique.

Nice false dichotomy, faggot. Prometheus isn't about its characters, it's about opening up the canon of the Alien universe and exploring the themes presented.

Oh okay you're cool then!

You're cool. Yep.

>Prometheus isn't about its characters, it's about opening up the canon of the Alien universe and exploring the themes presented.

Funny way of saying "being a totally unnecessary movie whose only purpose is to explain the background of something from the original movie that didn't even need explanation whatsoever"

I'm sure you'll just move the goalposts again though.

>I'll just strawman him instead of making a counterpoint, that'll show him

What the fuck are you talking about the characters in alien are great. Ripley is great, parker and ash are great, the rest is at minimum passable (kane never did it for me). They all act reasonably considering circumstances and the dialogue between them feels natural and authentic. Stop trying to pretend prometheus had some great intellectual ideals that we all "dont get" it was easily the most thematically hamfisted of the lot of them and has the worst characters (why does the fucking topographer have to be smoking weed and why does he get lost when he mapped the fucking place, its literally a virtue signalling bonanza with the only religious/maternal member of the crew surviving, jesus fucking christ what a predictable boring plot).

People have been begging for a movie to explain what the dead engineer from Alien was for fucking years, you underage faggot

Don't even bother. It's just the same single shitposter in every aliens thread going on about how Prometheus was profound and that the whole world is just plebeian for not "getting it"

>explain the background of something from the original movie that didn't even need explanation whatsoever"

And what would that be jackass?

>the characters are great, man!
Name 3 characteristics of each person
besides "Ash was a robot" and "Ripley is brave."

3 directors cut is fine.

This.

Leave the franchise alone. Move on and find another franchise to suckle at the teet of.

If xenos were ever actually faced with humanity's military in any serious contest they would get blown to fucking pieces. The whole infestation plot only works in isolated situations where the humans aren't prepared. After one engagement the military would annihilate them in open combat. Still might make for a fun movie, but theyre not as big of a threat as you think. Its all situational. The point is that its a scary thing that hides in the dark and kills people when theyre unaware.

1) not en masse. Some tiny niche of people doesn't speak for the majority

2) just because people clamor for something doesn't mean it should be explained outright. I'll use The Thing 2011 as an example. Plenty of people speculated about what happened at the Norwegian camp. But nobody liked what we got in the prequel. It would've been better to just leave it up for people to speculate on their own.

3) even with the above points aside and you decide to give an explanation, the explanation presented in prometheus is the most trite bullshit I've ever seen in science fiction. It was totally underwhelming

Produce a spinoff about le bonus man

Yup. The aliens were only a threat at Hadley's Hope because the colonists had no weapons, and the alien was only a threat in the original because just shooting it would result in acid blood eating through the hull and killing everyone.

>That's kinda what people do in horror movies, faggot. What the fuck do you expect?

Its not supposed to be illogical, Making biologists act like complete and utter retards isn't "How its supposed to be" it completely detracts from it.

>So does Aliens but everyone and their grandma loves that movie. Sorry there wasn't enough gunfire for your tastes.

Very nice strawman, Did I mention Aliens at all? I actually dislike aliens as a sequel to Alien, I like the movie as a separate thing but its not a good sequel in my eyes. Nice try though.

>Except it does with the constant death and searching for Alien gods who want to destroy the planet we live on? And a corrupt android who is willing to kill his teammates to further his mission? And how one of them gets left behind to fend for herself on an Alien planet lightyears away from Earth? And how we still know barely anything about the Engineers?

That isn't suspense. Thats mystery and its also completely ruined by the fact that this is a completely different series now from the mainline alien story. It doesn't matter at all, its basically a standalone sci fi movie with "mystery" that makes no sense since it relies so hard on previous movies that now don't matter considering that its non canon to this timeline.

>Alien characters are always shit. There's no real point in fleshing out characters in an Alien movie because they'll all be dead in less than 2 hours anyway. Even Ripley is a paper thin. It's not a literary character development exercise, it's a fucking movie monster series, and Prometheus was the first movie in the series to actually try something unique.

I don't care give two shits if you think because the characters are "always shit" (They aren't) that its okay to make shit characters. That is just retarded, it doesn't matter what genre you're in.

All in all, That is either a horrendous opinion or you're just trying to be the new Armond White.

But the queen is not alone as far as reproduction is concerned... a single normal alien can reproduce too on a host.

That's how they did it before they showed the queen... and the reproduction rate would be exponential.
It would start slow but Xenomorphs are more resilient than even terminators... if one reproduce then you have two, if those reproduce you have four and once those reproduce, well you get the idea... i don't think it would take more than like 8 Xenomorphs to wreck a big metropolis but the truth is we don't know. That's why i think that would be interesting to see.

>a single normal alien can reproduce too on a host.

What? When?

>I didn't watch Prometheus but I am gonna shitpost in this thread anyway

Please stop posting

It's okay to dislike Prometheus, but the reasons most people dislike it can be easily refuted. Most of it is just petty nitpick shit like "b-but why would David kill his own teammate?! I don't get it guys I need an explanation plz spoonfeed me :("

And the sad thing is that it's not even a difficult fucking movie

Right, so you're still vying for the "2deep4u, u plebs just don't understand" angle.

There were no xenomorphs in Prometheus.

>It's illogical, man!
It's not. The crew of the Prometheus were in cryosleep for 2 years, and most of them were cheap labor anyway. David was the only person on the ship doing any legitimate research.

>I didn't mention aliens, man!
You don't have to. It's part of the fucking franchise.

>That isn't suspense man, it's mystery!
Spoonfed babby without imagination detected.

>The Alien characters are great, man!
See

see

>anything I'm too stupid too understand is """"2deep4u""""

Lmao Prometheus is literally a summer blockbuster and you fail to understand it, get your GED asap dude

What the fuck was his problem?

>he gets to the plane
>he doesn't get to bring friends

but why

Yes, please. Just leave it the fuck alone.

more running through long hallways

Do you think Alien: Covenant will be bad? I honestly don't know.

Alien 3 Directors cut is literally the best movie out of the whole series. Here is the objective order:

Alien 3 >>> Alien > Aliens >>>>>> Prometheus > Resurrection > AVP > AVP 2

Excuse me, but I remember Aliens being a disposable action flick and Alien 3 being fucking shit, Alien Resurrection mediocre to shitty. How can you ruin a "franchise" when only the original was good.

Your head is still so far up your ass that you still think that the only possible way anyone could think Prometheus is a shit movie is if they didn't understand it.

see

that's nature for you

>Aliens is action, therefore it's bad
When did this meme start and when will it die?

They're safe investments.

I'm just saying.

What makes it great? Just for the fact that it has to do with xenomorph infestation.

Same thing with Alien: Covenant, so how can the new movie be bad

I have only seen Alien and Prometheus. Alien is boring and Prometheus is really stupid.

American movies are the worst

Get a load of this snaggle toothed Brit

Because there's a difference between plebs like you who think about movies in binary yay or nay terms (people like you) and people who actually consider the intentions, contexts and strengths of a movie then measure it's values thereafter (people who actually have working brains)

>I didn't like the way a character behaved in Prometheus, therefore the gorgeous visuals, masterful directing, amazing score and oscar-worthy performance from Fassbender all mean NOTHING 0/10 WORST MOVIE IVE EVER SEEN AMIRITE REDDIT

The problem isn't that you dislike Prometheus, it's that you can't articulate your disliking of it. Watch more movies.

Aliens doesn't even have any action for the first hour

>backtracking

This is why Sup Forums isn't worth actually discussing movies. There is no sentiment of a cogent argument

I'm not film analyst. I can't do a good job explaining why Aliens is a good action movie. Just as I have a hard time putting into words why Predator and Terminator are great.

But I can explain why I think Alien: Covenant will be mediocre. And the reason is because it seems to be trying to follow the same style and story beats as the original Alien, while completely ruining the atmosphere. We already know it's Alien. We already know about xenomorphs. We already know what the xenomorph looks like, and the trailer ruins that as well as making it obvious who dies and how. These are all TERRIBLE SINS to make in a fucking horror movie. There's no suspense in Covenant because we already know the basic jist of what's going to happen. Alien worked well because it was, well, alien. The audience didn't know what was going on or what to expect. You didn't even see a clear shot of the alien until the very end of the movie.

Alien Covenant is just a retread of Alien, expect without any of the mystery or suspense. Aliens was the right way to do a sequel, because instead of just repeating the same bullshit over again, it took the concept and did something new with it. Different enough to be fresh, while still being grounded enough to clearly be a sequel to the original. It struck the perfect balance that all sequels should aspire to.

You haven't articulated what's so great about it.

Covenant looks absolutely nothing like Alien. Alien 3 was a retread of Alien.