He fell for the STEM meme

>he fell for the STEM meme
>he wants to kiss a bosses ass working for a company until 65
>he wants to sit in front of a computer until 65
>he wants to eventually kill himself due to depression

top kek m8. Medical major here, feels good knowing I'm not going to be working for a soulless company while heating people in the process.

All you had to do was apply yourself, user.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/search?q=rn salary oregon&oq=rn salary oregon&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i59j69i65l2.1338j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
discovernursing.com/explore-specialties#no-filters
toprntobsn.com/50-best-nursing-careers-based-on-salary-and-demand/
nurse.org/articles/75/15-highest-paying-nursing-careers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*Healing people

What are you going to school for?

>medical major
>not working for a soulless company

Pick one

Medical Major have fun paying for medical school cuck boy.
Computer Science master race, I can program work in other countries and be an entrepreneur.

Nursing

it's a hospital...

1 year for my Bachelor's degree lol. But hey, I'm sure you'll have fun sitting in an office until you're 65 hahaahah

>shit-talking STEM
>Medical major
>Science
Next time, try to hide the fact that you are retarded.

some people dont want to be a doctor. or work around health care. if the world was all like me, old and sick people would just fucking die cause i dont want to touch them or care for them. im glad there are people like you who want those disgusting yet helpfull jobs but its not for everyone m8.

working in a hospital would be my nightmare and more depressing than any computer job

but hey, whatever you gotta do to justify your path in your own mind. dont give up, now! each to their own!

Don't lump medicine in with those autismo virgins bro.

people who major in medicine are generally normal bros with a good taste in music, beer, and women.

Pic related could be one, if you didn't know he was an actor. You'd never see an engineer who looks like this lol. Never.

>nursing

lol

>nursing
>not stem

does this not fall into the S of science?

Anons, I have the ability to either go into finance or neurological science, which is better choice?

>making 100k a year by saving lives, with far fewer student debt

are you a voodoo doctor

Are you just getting the RN or RN BSN then

RN here, we make nowhere near that.

apply yourself

>Nursing
>acting this smug

>people who major in medicine are generally normal bros with a good taste in music, beer, and women.
>You'd never see an engineer who looks like this lol. Never.

>>/notruescotsman/

BSN, so I can eventually be a Nurse Manager

maybe not in Mississippi, no.

google.com/search?q=rn salary oregon&oq=rn salary oregon&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60j69i59j69i65l2.1338j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

average RN salary in Oregon is $80,440, and a Nurse Manager makes 100k+

I have instant mobility, you are going to be seeing fat old people and dirty blacks and Mexicans. I in the meantime can work for a start up company or develop my own app/website and be worth millions. You stay cucked over working and sucking dick. Your just an A grade loser.

Pick the most stressful job in the world. Criticizes other ppl.

LMAO

doctors LITERALLY have no life

>soulless company

LEL

do you even understand how hospitals operate you smug retard

i mean good for you, you are going to be a doctor

congrats

>this guy isn't a medical major but looks like he could be one because I say so
>no engineer could ever look like this guy also because I say so
Also
>medicine isn't a science
3/10 bait, you're acting too retarded to be believable

Medicine is applied science and a part of STEM.

This is not a matter of opinion user.

>I'm 12 and don't know anything about how much RN's make or the shit loads of specialties

I'm going to be working in the NICU, or in pediatrics, kiddo. You know, actually saving lives and shit.

You're going to be hunched over gaining weight in front of a computer to help other people make their bottom line

Audibly laughed at your life bro

Any high paying job is stressful

Real advice here: you will spend A LOT of time behind a computer and doing paperwork as a nurse. the career is nothing you think it is.

nurses arent doctors

its what you become if you arent smart enough to be a doctor

All I want is some friends and a gf/wife.

India is in Asia, but we don't casually reference it as an Asian country, or Indians as 'Asians'

It feels like every other person is doing nursing due to "muh nursing is eazier than doctor" MeeM.

Are there even jobs left for new nurses anymore? Are nurses the new lawyers? (Becoming a lawyer was so popular in the 90's-00's that new lawyers had no work and the field was oversaturated with new jobless lawyers by 2010's)

Same goes for any "computer x" jobs. Feels like they're all MeeMs

yeah, why go to school for just 4 years while making 80-100k+ a year lol?

>working until 65
>not saving 80% of your income and retiring in 6 years

RNs have one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country. You be an RN, and you're hired on the spot. Inarguably one of the best jobs you can have

>What is inflation

why go to school to learn how to wipe the ass of an 80 year old paraplegic lol?

Working at Google or any major tech company. On site chefs, can take naps while at work, day care, and on site gym. Your a loser, most modern billionaires are from the finance or tech sector nowadays. So yeah the one here who is a joke is you. May Kek be upon you.

>not realizing inflation was accounted for when coming up with that number

i doubt you have even started your course yet, have you. dropout rate for things like nursing is extremely high. seems like you are insecure about your decision though

That's what everyone said about becoming lawyers 15 years ago...

RN here, this is the truth, even more if you become nurse manager(which takes experience and a master's degree) to make the 100k that Op is purporting to make.

If you want to make great money in the here and now, make sure your grades and clinical performance are good enough(top of your class good enough) that you can grab a spot in ICU clinical setting, then perform well enough that you are hired on. This is unlikely but the most money you will make out of school. Travel nursing is also great money but they work your ass to the bone everywhere you go and you will have to spend a lot of time learning new hospital policies.

Nursing is a good profession that is very flexible and largely misunderstood by the general public, if you get your doctorate's and open your own practice as a nurse practitioner you can make as much money as physicians, depends on how much responsibility ad workload you want to take up and how hard you want to work, but that's true for most things really.

no it wasn't

>nursing
Congrats you're paid to wipe people's asses and lift people more obese than you could've possibly imagined.

>tfw work for soulless Walmart
>tfw no GED
>tfw already in my 30s and far too late to start from the absolute bottom
>tfw probably won't make it to 65
>tfw can never leave because no other job will pay $15/hr given my lack of accolades

Will try harder next life when i decide on what to do and not be fucked over and homeless during my "best years"

>doctorate in nursing
lol might as well become a real doctor

>until 65
you stupid child, make it 75
that is what our generation will get

>I don't know what a patient care tech does
that is largely their responsibility

costs less money at each stage

I'll be working in pediatrics/NICU at first, then a Nurse Manager after a few years. None of that for me homie

>You're a loser because I'm going to become a modern billionaire!

what?

drop out rates for Stacies, sure. Not for intelligent red pilled men like myself

Nurse Managers require a few years of experience and a bachelor's

You should have been a speech pathologist man. Nurses are fucking queer as fuck

>he wants to sit in front of a computer until 65
>and get paid to do it

Uh yeah. I'm in my 20's and living the American dream. I have a comfy apartment in the 'burbs and I can shitpost on Sup Forums all day long while I get my work done.

stem4lyfe but fuck graduate school. I ain't doing that shit.

Everywhere in my town you need a master's in leadership/management, but 100k out of the box is still pretty unrealistic in most cases because as you said, experience required

It was.

www.mrmoneymustache.com/2012/01/13/the-shockingly-simple-math-behind-early-retirement/

Man I guess you don't know how to read.

>Medical major here
Enjoy your 36 hour on call schedules, where one fuck up will permanently sink your career's future.

>that feel when medschool

I wanna help public healthcare but if it's too much for me I can always become a radiologist and win mad dosh while secluded in a dark room.

You're in for a shock, dummy. I don't know one doctor, nurse, or PA who doesn't work for a health corporation, with all the bullshit that entails.
I also like to fake ass pain symptoms just to get some ass play subsidized by my insurance company. See ya on the flip side!

And computer science/IT about 20-ish years ago.

nah I didn't

>study history + English + teaching
>piss easy, don't even have to study for exams, can chill most of the day
>classes are 80% full of prime pussy
>rest are chill dudebros you can have a beer with
>after graduation, a lifelong employment with a top salary awaits
>I'll be my own boss, noone will ever tell me what to do unless I fuck up big time
>40% of my work is done at home wearing sweatpants

I'm a male nurse.

>inb4 hey faggot

I'll give it to you straight, because you obviously haven't graduated yet. It doesn't matter who you are, you're going to be feeling pretty soulless. Whether you're going all the way for MD, or a bit less for a DPT, or a bit less for a PA, or a bit less for allied healthcare, everyone is a soulless pit in modern healthcare, who knows the name of the game is maximizing the cash and doing the smiling dance in front of the patients, in front of co-workers, in front of the higher up bean counters.

Hospitals: sucked. Worst place in healthcare to work, and also the worst pay.
SNF's: good pay but slow-paced and boring
Home health: NICE FUCKING DOG YOU OLD FUCK IT BIT ME. Pass

I eventually settled on just doing travel contracts for SNF's that need it. I live minimally, and everything fits in my SUV. I make about 40hr plus a bunch of tax benefits as a traveling nurse. My SUV has my mobile mancave in it: computer monitors, my vidya rig, etc, and I just set it all up at the next city with the next 2-3 month contract, and when it's done, pack it up, next city.

I like it this way. No real friends, every co-worker is transient, because by time they're getting to know me, I'm leaving.

Both of these posters are going to be making less money than me while doing less respectable jobs than me lol

Take the nursing pill kids:

discovernursing.com/explore-specialties#no-filters

Dude it's never too late to go back to school. A GED and an AS degree can go a long way.

>STEM
>Med fag
>Somehow now Science

Toppest of keks. 2/10 cause I replied with more than a score.

>nursing
>Getting a degree to wipe peoples asses
>working in a female dominated field so have to deal with drama,rumors and other BS
>have to deal with crackheads and crazy people
>somehow better than a comfy tech job
I don't know if the pay is better in burgerland so it still might be worth it but i really doubt that.

>he fell for the civilian job meme
>he didn't go special ops in the military
It's like you don't even want to be the tip of the spear, cuck.

Electrician master race reporting in.

I was told I was overqualified for the army when they found out I finished high school.

>>I don't know what a patient care tech does
>that is largely their responsibility

Lol no you fucking dumbass
My bro and my ma were nurses and all they talk about is the fucking drama of people trying to get out of working, having to wipe people's asses, and cleaning the fat rolls of obese people the size of small cars.

If you end up working in the ER instead, you're just going to have to deal with seeing gruesome wounds and stuff, and maybe the rare death

Are you parked next to a Starbucks right now? How you you get Wifi?

I already stated earlier.

A tech job means you might lose your job in a recession

it means your life's work ultimately comes down to helping a corporation meet their bottom line and making your boss happy, while staring in front of a computer all day.

only a genetic dead end would choose that over saving babie's lives in the NICU

Mate you're literally wiping people's shit from their shit filled asses.

>great job 10/10 be a nurse like a woman
Speech Pathology/Audiology is big bucks for sitting in a room asking people in stroke recovery to say the word "sheep" 50 times.

Enjoy your nursing though - Florence Shitingale.

your bro and mom worked in shit positions befitting of someone related to someone as stupid as yourself.

How did you start? Trade school or apprentice? Both?

>I'm going to be working in the NICU, or in pediatrics, kiddo. You know, actually saving lives and shit.
>You're going to be hunched over gaining weight in front of a computer to help other people make their bottom line
>Audibly laughed at your life bro

new pasta?

again

>I'll be working in pediatrics/NICU at first, then a Nurse Manager after a few years. None of that for me homie

Is this no longer true? Are there a bunch of unemployed comp sci majors in the US?

Oh yeah, certainly you'll earn 100k a year as a nurse in any of the various medical wards, wiping the asses of half sedated retards.. Don't be fucking ridiculous

>Medical Major
>Saying other people are going to kill themselves due to depression

Enjoy your MRSA, and 3rd world super bugs.

>medical major thinks he's not going to be depressed
oh, you poor deluded soul
it's okay though, being depressed isn't really that bad

That's cute. You guys actually call yourselves doctors without having to do the leg work of real doctors.
Philosophy PhD student here. Where you REALLY have to apply yourself

>hey lets all be doctors

Fuck you all, I have had enough

>2016
>Still using subjectivity

Anons, it's time to evolve and be one with Kek

My ma earned ~60k a year before moving up to a management position that everyone uses as the scape goat for every thing that goes wrong

The people who work there act like school children and do anything in their power to get out of work. Literally just a month back, one of her coworkers tried to demand her to shut down the hospital because there was a vague stink in the vents

This sort of thing takes place often, and is largely ignored as it eventually goes away

It turned out to be a dead rat on the roof

>philosophy phd
>that's the best argument he can make
you've waste your best years mate

toprntobsn.com/50-best-nursing-careers-based-on-salary-and-demand/

nurse.org/articles/75/15-highest-paying-nursing-careers/

CC already is $10k a year and it seems no industry is worth the investment for what I can get from an AS.

that, and I don't feel comfortable gambling with taxpayer money.

Apartment complexes in major cities tend to have free wifi.

Decide for yourself. Worst thing you could do is be indecisive and fall for peer pressure and choose your path based on the opinions of other people.

At least I work on my own whims, Whose do you work for you serf?

Bahahaha. Nurse. Have fun making as much as a tech makes in a year while working 20 more hours a week.
Shit my ex was a trauma surgeon and in between being an irritating cunt used to tell me how she'd call nurses for any icky shit like C diff or bowel obstruction. Have fun making a quarter of what an American doctor makes while working twice as hard.

I'll take my sitting behind a computer government job with 6 weeks of vacation anytime.

bump

that just supports your mom being a shit person only able to get work in a shit place of employment, my statement stands

>ate] [Auto] No new posts
have you tried looking into oil/energy jobs? some of them don't require anything but a high school diploma and they usually make 20$/h starting

You can park next to my home anytime for some sweet, sweet Verizon wifi, m8. But you'll have to nurse me every night...

>No one will ever respect you as a male nurse.

>Everyone you meet you will have to explain to them that you don't in fact wipe asses of shit because "Muh nurse manager".

>Every one you meet will assume you wipe shit everyday.

>You will bald faster due to stresses of working with harpy bitch women

>TFW speech Pathologists are literally earning double than you're making by just sitting in a room for 30 minutes a week with some stroke victim who can't say the word "orange"

how hard is chemistry niggers?

10K? Where the fuck do you live?

>tfw quit my wagecuck job, downloaded Robinhood on my phone, and trade stocks

Made $38 today. I would have to have done a 5hr and 30 min shift today for that money, and I made it literally sleeping.

I made like $120 this week.