My cousin is back from university for spring break...

My cousin is back from university for spring break. He told us that he went to see Get Out at the movie theater down the street from campus. He was maybe one of only four or five whites that saw it, with 98% of the movie-goers being black ("It was like Obama won a third term," he said). He mentioned that every time a white character was in peril or hurt, the blacks in the audience would cheer loudly and clap like crazy.

I haven't seen Get Out yet, but what fucking message is this movie sending?

Other urls found in this thread:

latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-get-out-milk-horror-jordan-peele-allison-williams-20170301-story.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaxploitation
youtu.be/2EtalOOS-eM
latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-get-out-race-horror-sundance-jordan-peele-1485477812-htmlstory.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

WE

WUZ

AFRAID OF WHITES

That can't be a real quote... That's a real quote?
That can't be a real quote.
KANGZ

user... i think that quote.... might not be real.

Man it's crazy how so many people just went to see this movie and how they were the only white people there. It's even crazier that most of them either use this picture or a quote of the picture in the OP. So crazy right

It's definitely real.

latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-get-out-milk-horror-jordan-peele-allison-williams-20170301-story.html

>Now that Jordan Peele’s horror satire “Get Out” is No. 1 at the box office, it’s time to talk about the most insidious moment in the movie: The milk scene.

>Milk, it has been argued of late, is the new symbol of white supremacy in America, owing to its hue and the notion that lactose intolerance in certain ethnicities means that milk-absorbing Caucasian genetics are superior.

>A Mother Jones article even asked, “Are the U.S. dietary guidelines on milk racist?” citing a study that shows not every ethnic group, African Americans in particular, requires the three glasses of milk per day that the federal government recommends to combat osteoporosis.

>The source of milk’s recent spin as the beverage of choice for white supremacists is more directly the product of alt-right Internet trolling.

>And yet the parallels to “Get Out’s” disquieting dairy derangement are strangely well-timed. So what is it about the traditionally wholesome milk that nowadays feels so … evil?

it sounds like a joke that people are blowing out of proportion

I'm white and I'm lactose intolerant. Love pizza though.

That's Jen Yamato's quote, not Jordan's
Not that you'd care since this is a bait thread

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaxploitation

>He mentioned that every time a white character was in peril or hurt, the blacks in the audience would cheer loudly and clap like crazy.

the white characters were only in peril or hurt at the end of the movie, though. and by that point, we're fully on the protagonist's side.

He didn't challenge that claim about milk being racist, did he? Therefore he condones it.

It's not a real quote. He said "milk is gross" and some crazy asian bitch from the LA Times wrote an article about how milk is racist.

You sound like those people accusing Trump of being a racist.

I think the way people, specifically stupid people, are interpreting it is actually in conflict with the real message.

I think the movie isnt anti white, but is extremely critical of how white liberals are not helpful to black people. The film is trying to say that white liberals, specifically the insufferable upper middle class kind, literally cannot stop virtue signalling about how much they care about black people that they end up dehumanizing them in a way reminiscent of old Jim Crow racism.
Im white and even i was happy to see all those insufferable white guilt liberals get killed by a black guy who just wants to be treated like a normal dude.
I feel like most people on this board would love the movie if they saw it.

>When the L.A. Times showed the “Get Out” director the circulating YouTube, Peele grimaced and giggled as he took in footage of the milk-toting neo-Nazis on an iPhone.
>“That is just creepy,” he said.
>“Oh my God. Well, I intended that,” he joked of the uncannily prescient timing to milk’s sudden surge in popularity with white supremacists.
>“And,” Peele said, still in disbelief, “better they [drink milk] than killing people!”
He's clearly laughing at this nonsense.

he is literally a comedian. Dont take this shit too seriously.

This, the only white people that get killed or hurt in the movie are evil as fuck

This. The movie was great, the message just get mixed up.

I'm white and all my black friends want me to see it, they said it has a "good message".

For this reason I dont want to see it.

unfortunately people still dont get this.

But you don't have any black friends, or friends period.

the real quote has nothing to do with white supremacy. he just thinks milk is gross

hate people for the right reasons, like how every black in get out was a victim and every white was a crazed maniac

>"There’s something kind of horrific about milk. Think about it! Think about what we’re doing. Milk is kind of gross."
That's the actual quote

>all my black friends

Why are you posting here on a Friday night instead of hanging out with your "black friends"?

you're literally an sjw

yeah and that sucks.
But i dont think its the film, or the directors fault. Americans are just fucking stupid.

the only white people in the movie were crazy and mixed up, it has an interesting message but gets confused with its delivery

because i dont fucking feel like it

The issue I had was the believablility was hard because of the clash in messages and tone (nothing to do with the science being believable, don't care about that).

They are liberals that think they're doing good yet they do this while kidnapping black people and condemning their psyches to eternal hell pits in their own heads? I've seen the "blind progressives" thing thrown around a lot and in one breathe movie seems to have that view "i would have vote for obama a THIRD time if I could!" but then in the next breathe shows they only want black bodies because they are.... stronger? In fashion?(what does that even mean, being black would be way harder than being white, especially where they live).

If they just wanted stronger more youthful bodies they could just body snatch strong white people, or hispanic people, or asian people. It's like the movie wants to have a pertinent message about race yet ends up fetishiszing black people just saying "these white people want black bodies" and one could argue it was meant to parody how the media fetishises black people (they're so strong, good lovers, have great rhythm) but it ends up just fetishizing them, and without a wink. The villian who isn't racially motivated (blind guy) even fetishizes black people by saying "some want you because you're stronger"....

1/2

oh and as a quick side note, his motivation was fucking stupid as well. They didn't keep the black person's consciousness when switching so he would just have his physical eyes but not his "eye" as he seemed to claim he wanted. I guess this could just be explained away with "he's crazy" which frankly, feels fucking lazy, especially when this pertains to every member of a massive extended family, just stretches the believability even thinner.

in addition the "wrongly progressive" theme is ruined with the painfully obvious allusion to slavery when they are bidding on the main character. Also why did the grandmother and grandfather act so creepily? It's like they were writing the white people in black bodies and they were like "haha we're gonna have them act WHITE by speaking articulately!" then realized it would be insulting to black people if that were the sole giveaway, so they had to make them creepy by smiling at the end of every sentence as well.

this movie was clearly trying to use extremes and metaphors to hold a mirror up to our current society, but ultimately fails in my opinion because too many of the elements ultimately clash. And as a white dude frankly its hard to look at this mirror in a reflective way when every black character is a victim and every white character is a maniac. Really thought the son was gonna realize this was wrong and help the black dude out but nope, just another crazy white wrongly progressive liberal who's idea of being progressive is kidnapping black people because they want to be them but while not have anything to do with black culture and just want their strong bodies or something. Like the motivation is just so cluttered and unbelievable. And believability with motivation is important if your movie is supposed to have some sort of social message.

it just felt like jordan peele wanted to make a pertinent race movie but ended up with a story that is intended to be rooted in subtle racism (upper middle class overly progressive white family) but stuffs in scattered imagery of actual racism (black servants, violence towards an innocent black youth in a suburb, the cop etc)All of which clash heavily with one another. It's just a mess that feels like it's trying to say something important but stutters too much.

all that being said, it's very well directed, paced, and pretty funny at times. Effects are great too.

This, did any of these retards even watch the movie?

i completely understand it was supposed to be a jab at overly progressive types, but when you cross that with body snatching and murder, it just feels like you used race as a gimmick to move your plot along.

And even though I don't think jordan peele is anti-white, its very easy to get this from the movie when there isn't a single rational white character, or a single black character who is in the wrong

i mean christ, when i was leaving the theater, I heard a black guy saying "I AINT GOING TO MY WHITE FRIEND'S HOUSE FOR A WHILE!"

he was probably mostly joking but there is a bit of truth in every joke. He wouldn't have said that if there were at least one rational white character. The movie is accidentally anti-white if you ask me.
like, would it be okay to have a movie about a white family driving into a black neighborhood and they're really nervous about black people and their car breaks down and black people start coming out of the alleys and the white people start shooting them but its okay because they're vampires?

all one giant comment ramble blog post btw. All me not joking. Just couldnt fit my rant into one post

>kind of want to see Get Out
>live in a city where blacks are the majority
>not a plurality, but an actual majority
>decide to pirate it later

why did you just post this on Sup Forums you fucking attention whore

black people hate you, your family, and any meme shit about you. They've been basically not only raised to hate your guts, they actually get a pat on the back for being open about it as long as it doesn't delve into physical criminal behavior

I didn't?

well the exact same post is on there faggot

>accidentally anti white

I hear you, and i cant say i really disagree, but i do think this is less the films fault and more just an interpretation.
The point is that the white people in the movie are so obsessed with blacks, so desperate to let them know that they love them, that they utterly fail to see just how harmful they are being.
Again, you're right that its not hard to see how the film could be construed as anti white, but you have to remember that Peele is a comedian.
Thats why people are calling this a satire. Obviously white people who abduct and lobotomize black people arent going to think they're doing the right thing in the real world. But in the movies world its just a representation of how white guilt doesnt actually get blacks anywhere.

>see this movie with two friends
>one of them is an aggressively progressive type
>i leave the movie with a few critiques about how every white character was an insane maniac and every black character was a victim
>he cuts me off yelling at me as if the surrounding crowd will herald him as some sort of hero for standing up to hitler
>laugh at him as people around us are just made mildly uncomfortable

he didn't realize the movie was literally making fun of people like him

Holy shit you guys are still crying about this? Hilarious.

You guys are still crying about Armond giving the movie a bad review? Hilarious.

>The point is that the white people in the movie are so obsessed with blacks, so desperate to let them know that they love them, that they utterly fail to see just how harmful they are being.

yeah i totally feel that. Its actually a really unique message thats pretty relevant in today's times. But the execution just feels muddy and mixed at times. I would be so much more forgiving of it being "accidentally anti-white" if there had be just one rational white character

when all of your films black characters are X
and all of your film's white characters are Y
it creates a very odd and biased looking image, even if the creator didn't intent for that
and it the motivation just feels too cluttered to me when you have an entire extended family bidding on black people like they're slaves then essentially murdering them and body snatching them just to... prove they like black people? Like I understand the use of extremes to hold a mirror up to society but it is stretched really thin in my opinion

If this movie's message is indeed a critique of white liberal pro-black virtue signalling, isn't the ultimate message that all whites, even the ones who think they are doing the right thing by being so pro-black, are actually racist?

Isn't that message even more damning against whites than having the white villains be KKK type racists?

not necessarily. There is a limit to just how "progressive" someone should be. And defining that limit doesn't normalize actual hatred on the other end of the spectrum

Niggers absolutely hate whites
Every lawyer in the country knows you can't have blacks on a jury if the case is about a black harming a white

Libcucks have taught blacks to hate whites for decades, without grasping that THEY HATE YOU TOO

"Satire" aka kill whitey

So how exactly can whites avoid being considered racist when even saying "I don't see race" or ignoring it or claiming to be color-blind is also seen as proof of racism?

once again, I think the movie is only accidentally anti white. The real message, once you wade through the clashing racism imagrey and nonsensical motvation, is that being overly progressive is a bad thing. I don't disagree that a lot of blacks probably hate whites, and im sure a good amount of whites hate blacks, but as far as this particular movie and director go, I think jordan peele is a little smarter than "KILL DA CRACKAZ MAYNE!"

simple, avoid saying either of those retarded things. Everyone sees color, everyone understands race as a current construct and societal definition, whether you want to argue its roots in biology or society is irrelevant, we all recognize it, so don't say either of those retarded things, because you don't believe them.

Wait, is this an imposter Jordan Peele? Because the Peele I know was in this, and it was way redpilled compared to Get Out:
youtu.be/2EtalOOS-eM

Well its very easy for the director to have some sort of "message" in his head while making the movie, and yet noone would actually see that message upon viewing it.

Of course Jordan Peele married a white(jewish) woman, so you can imagine he holds both anti-white AND anti-black views in his heart

When the fuck will black and white Americans stop with this retarded love/hate relationship they constantly have with each other? You people are schizophrenic as fuck.

yeah it was not a perfect film by any means.
Maybe if a more experienced director tackled it then it wouldnt seem so mixed.
I do think the officer that was in the room when Rod was telling that black lady about his theory was an example of a "rational" white guy. But more substantially, the main character hammers home that his biggest regret in life is not contacting the police. So he has this hang up of how not calling the police made his life significantly worse because his mom died, while having to deal with his girlfriend "defending" him from the "racist" police officer at the beggining, even though he doesnt exactly fit her mold of how a black person should feel about the police. Its a small part of the film i know, but i think its purpose is to show that Chris, the directors insert, is aware that rational white people exist even if the white liberals who hate themselves in the movie, and the audience frankly, dont think so.
no. Its saying that if you treat black people like an "other" whether you are a virtue signalling liberal or a cross burning clansmen, you are of equal help to black people, which is to say none at all.
By showing a satirical extreme version of liberals obsession with black people Peele is critiquing just how not progressive liberals are when they deal with black people because they dehumanize them all the same.

Why do you lie?

Not an argument.

How do we go from fake Zach Braff quotes to believing this shit?

Did you figure that out all by yourself?

unironically Sup Forums

It's kinda funny that the other dude looks like a paki or a mix of white, but definitely not black and his whole shtick is "yo niggas i'm black."

Another example of a tragic mulatto. Many such cases. SAD!

That being one of those creepy white people obsessed with convincing black people your not racist is still creepy.

Also that the murderous bad guys are bad.

>people don't understand satire

You don't say.

What is satirical about this movie or that quote?

I've never heard of the internet lying before.

>he unironically thinks jordan thinks milk is a symbol of white supremacy.
why are trumpcucks so easily baited?

Peele should recognize that his words and directorial decisions have real world consequences and respond accordingly. He knows his target audience (American blacks) are not smart enough to get the "satire" of the film and will take it at face value. Peele is contributing to the deterioration of race relations in this country.

>"milk is secretly racist!"
>"the okay hand gesture is secretly racist!"
>"pepe is secretly racist! memes are secretly racist!"
Normal people see how stupid this all is and it just devalues the term racist for them, because when everything is racist, nothing is.

Why is having "friends" so bothersome? I wish they would forget i exist. In fact, I wish i could die right now.

you can do anything if you put your mind to it

I HATE NIGGERS TOO BROS LMAO
DAY OF THE ROPE IS NOW
WE TAKE TO THE STREETS AT DAWN
ROPE
ROPE
ROPE
ROPE

user...

lol

"Don't believe all this shit you read on the internet"

-- Abraham Lincoln

"I read it in an infographic, so it must be true!"

-- your average Sup Forums user.

>>A film in which it is blanatly stated that white people are using black people because they're deemed hip in the eyes of other white people and the mainstream pov.
>>white people praise this movie endlessly, fearing that any criticism would be seen as racist.

Just as planned, my dudes.

I saw the movie today.

On its own it's good. I prefer subtle unsettling horror anyway. And the social commentary on microaggression and unintentional racism from good natured whites who don't know how to interact with a black guy cordially is still ok, even though it was quite hamfisted as it happened every five seconds.

But what I literally don't get is *why* black people. I thought the fact that all their victims were black would have some reasoning behind it; something to tie the race angle together. But the protagonist literally asks this to a villain and he says "gee I dunno lol I guess y'all are more fit or something". It makes no sense, the whole race angle makes no fucking sense and just felt so shoehorned in. Why not pick fit white or Asian victims?

I would have even accepted a made up fictional answer like "people of African descent have a gene that makes consciousness transplantation possible", at least that would be a definitive answer. But as it is there is no actual reason for race of the characters to be part of the plot and as such its plot makes no sense

Apparently it's pretty funny, and technically very well made.

I heard it's less about evil white racist hillbillies being racist and more the bigotry of low expectations from white liberals, how they preach about tolerance but would hate any of these people moving into where /they/ live, etc.

When I went whenever a black was in trouble I would stand up and holler "OOOHHHH GOTTEM" and start clapping

kek

this website really does do a 180 as soon as australia wakes up. why are aussies so angry?

it's just banter m8

people in this thread have posted about what the true message in the film is, but for 90% of people who see the film its:

>whites are scary and racist

peele knew thats how most would see the film which basically makes it immune to criticism unless you want to be called racist and creates more of a racial divide.

Peele has pretty much said that 'whites are scary and racist' is the message of the film himself:
> “For while when we had a black president, we were living in this post-racial lie,” he added. “The idea of, ‘We’re past it – we’re past it all!’ For me, and for many people out there – as all black people know – there’s racism. I experience it on an everyday basis. This movie was meant to reveal that there’s this monster of racism lurking underneath some of these seemingly innocent conversations and situations.”
latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-get-out-race-horror-sundance-jordan-peele-1485477812-htmlstory.html

lol OP has definately seen the film. The Obama joke about the third term is in it.

People hating on this film haven't seen it. It pokes a lot of fun at liberals more than anyone else.

>it seems black is in fashion

>For me, and for many people out there – as all black people know – there’s racism. I experience it on an everyday basis

Yeah, a rich, well-respected comedian and director experiences racism on a daily basis. He's so oppressed!

>like, would it be okay to have a movie about a white family driving into a black neighborhood and they're really nervous about black people and their car breaks down and black people start coming out of the alleys and the white people start shooting them but its okay because they're vampires?
Thanks for this low budget horror movie idea

I was supertriggered about Allison Williams getting BLACKED in the movie, but after rthe reveal my anger subsided.

>>>/reddit/

when the capitalists stop playing us against each other to distract the working class from doing anything to cast the boot from its throat.

in other words, never.

>But what I literally don't get is *why* black people

>why not syrian refugees
>why not mexicans
>why not transgendered

potential sequels? its about 'those' white people exploiting other people for their own gain

The movie takes a long shit on white people who live in white suburbs where everyone has black lives matter signs, in other words libtards. It's the most Sup Forums movie you can expect from Hollywood these days. Not as good as Blazing Saddles, but still pretty good.

So basically white people are damned if they do, damned if they don't?

Armond White was right about this movie being "Get Whitey"

>my black friends

you do realize they will try to kill you the first chance they get, right?

>mfw the gf was talking dirty to the friend on the phone

>ywn get quads

that i will get to see you americunts descend again into base inter-ethnic strife and violence, after all the shit you gave everyone else for decades, realy makes me happy

>Tfw no Allison Williams to hunt you down and seduce you to be a body slave
Why live brothas?