What are good things about the Matrix sequels?

What are good things about the Matrix sequels?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EvFtVmwgtDg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

music

They made sure the "franchise" couldn't be rebooted for another 30 years.
By the time it is we'll be too old to care.

That highway part is pretty cool, and the last fight between Smith and Neo

Battle scenes in Zion were pretty badass.

youtube.com/watch?v=EvFtVmwgtDg

second one had more action and the story went fast, goat highway chase, the twins were cool.

the third? ugh, um, smith was badass. thats it.

The Matrix: Reloaded frankly has better fight choreography than the original.

Aside from that - and maybe the soundtrack - it is vastly inferior in pretty much every single way.

Remember how great the first one was? Okay take the trinity and neo security guard gun fight scene and turn that into two moremovies, take out everything else that made the first one great.

Seconding this about the chase. The second matrix movie cringed me out when I saw it in the theater for the first act, but it redeemed itself as a film by simply having a dynamite chase sequence.

Third film is unnecessary dogshit.

No, they weren't. They were dogshit.

Part of what makes the original so appealing, as opposed to the mystery-destroying sequels, is that we don't have any /politics/ or /nonsense/ or /bullshit physics/ going on, /outside of hte place where bullshit physics are clearly allowed (the matrix itself). When neo stops bullets in the matrix, it's acceptable plot deus ex-machina. When he stops sentinels IRL, yes, it might be explained away, but the proper attittude is to reject that explanation. It's a bridge too far.

yep hated the third. also hated neo's real world powers, what a load of bull.

I hated that trinity died, didn't really care about Zion, so once she died nothing else really matter at after that point. Also it didn't make sense how neo won at the end

Reloaded was fun

Revolutions is the worst but has some cool moments like when Neo is wandering through the machine city and watching Naobi drive the hovercraft

me too, i liked trinity
also didnt care about zion

just wanted some more action fun, not this gloomy savior neo crap. sassy bitch smith was the only thing the last film had going for it.

the machine city looked cool and nightmarish

would have liked to see what the fuck the machines do there

i would watch a whole film with naobe/ghost. i must be the only one who liked the game.

Part of what makes /bullshit physics/ unacceptable outside of the matrix, is the simple fact that /bullshit physics/ are so manifestly /part of the matrix, part of the false reality that we are supposed to criticize and escape./ Consider the helicopter crashing into the side of the building, late in the original. The quite un-natural ripple effect is obviously a computer interpolation/model of actual physical reality, which we are meant to know. The matrix is quite imperfect. My point is that we are to /identify bullshit physics with the matrix itself/, the moreso with repeated viewings. Plenty of bullshit physics goes on later (Neo supermanning in-game, etc).

To be fair, if we run with this religious/Christ premise, then it isn't inconceivable that neo can work RL miracles; indeed the larger plot requires it. But it does still seem a bridge too far for me, as you've agreed.

I think the reason people didn't care for Zion is because there wasn't enough diversity shown amongst the citizens of Zion. Let that be a lesson to future filmmakers.

I thought is cool in the sense that he attained the power when it didn't matter anymore, the machines weren't the enemy anymore, smith was. So having powers to turn off machines was moot at that point

Canon only available in the video game.

The reason I didn't like it is because it took out all the mystery of the first one. At the end of the first one you had all these questions and by the end of the second you knew everything about the world the story took place in

I enjoyed Revolutions more than Reloaded. But I think it was because when Reloaded came out I was super fucking hyped about it, then I didn't give a fuck anymore when I saw Revolutions.

Damn, that's crazy

They ended.

I think she implanted my cuckquean fetish