>do random codework to make money
>live in the woods as a NEET
>get to build a bunker, farm land, weed, have some animals, hunt

why aren't you doing this?

Other urls found in this thread:

landwatch.com/Tazewell-County-Virginia-Land-for-sale/pid/289288035
twitter.com/AnonBabble

1 year left in computer science program, lets go baby

Daily reminder that if you live near a population center you will not survive the happening that is inevitably coming.

NEET

No
Education
Employment
Training

Congratulations, you are not a NEET but a functioning member of society.

I'm not ugly nor a weeb.

Agreed.

I would do this but my future job prospects would require me to live close to Washington D.C. or close to defense contractors.

If you are a Eurobro, your best bet now is to convert all your holdings to Bitcoin or USD.

Also physical gold, do not buy paper.

This country is now done.

So are Italy, Spain, Switzerland, Japan, Germany, and Denmark.

There are now over $13 trillion Global NIRP bonds

Germany will cause the Eurozone to collapse.

They'll do everything to prop up Deutsche but it won't be enough.

Italian banks are already in their Lehman moments and scrambling to recapitalize.

A very common phrase used over the past couple years by the International Monetary Fund’s Christine Lagarde as well as other globalist mouthpieces is the “global reset.”

what is a sophisticated NEET?

Tautologically true. However, atomic bombs go boom because time and spare are relative to the conservation of energy. Since entropy is the distribution of energy in time and space, radical paradigm shifts regarding the conceptualization of the time space continuum also should apply to re-conceptualization of entropy.

When the original entropy equations in thermodynamics were developed (which were then extrapolated into information theory) an arbitrary minus sign was inserted, in order that the measurement of power and information would end up appearing to have relative positive values, rather than relative negative values.

That is one of the most abstract ways that we are living in Wonderland Matrix Bizarro Worlds, where everything is publicly presented in the most absurdly backward ways possible. Furthermore, that includes not only the superficially correct analysis of political problems, but also then the superficial "solutions" which tend to almost continue to be similarly backwards.

"Realities" are due to the original SUBTRACTIONS, which relatively separate some parts from the Whole. After human beings are relatively separated from each other and their environments, then they must live as gangs of robbers, because energy must be conserved across the boundaries perceived and defined by the original relative SUBTRACTIONS.

Therefore, all "realities" are relative illusions. Human consciousness can not be anything else that more or less organized systems of lies, operating robberies. Groups of human beings must necessarily be bigger gangs of robbers, organized through larger systems of lies. That how and why we have ended up with globalized political economy based upon public governments ENFORCING FRAUDS by private banks. Also, that is how and why that "money" made out of nothing as debts is publicly presented as if that was positive capital, while that MAD Money As Debt is actually Negative Capital.

>no eaves
>no gutters
>deck isn't covered
>flat roof
>glass everywhere

What idiot built this?

what is wrong with glass?

nice trips

He can see his own reflection in it.

>finishing dissertation
>plan to move back to my hometown in Iowa after graduating
>get teaching job at the local college ~$55K starting
>live cheap, save up
>Acreages in Iowa average about ~$6-7K an acre, cheaper if it's not classified as farmland
>For the ~$250K I'd have to pay for new construction in the city, I can build a simpler, $100K house on 20-25 acres in the countryside
>Commute to work, do consulting research on the side
>Clear an acre or two and start doing subsistence farming
>Find a nice small town girl, settle down, raise a family
>Live the dream.

>go innawoods
>set up some fully square modernist, minimalist piece of shit bungalow

you might as well kys at the nearest tree

>weed

That's such a dutch thing to do.

Except I'm stocking up on guns cause my state allows them rather freely so I'm gonna be ready for the racewar

>internet crucial for job
>get internet that is barely better than dial-up and has rate limits

maybe because i'm not retarded

You a consultant not a NEET

>internet crucial for job
>get internet that is barely better than dial-up and has rate limits

because i'm not retarded

I think they call them "architects" but yea what a retarded design for the work OP describes.

Also OP, don't fall for the bunker meme. Let me guess, you're gonna bury some containers right!

>yfw it will be many more years of wageslavery untill you can buy some land

Looks like a shipping container house, yuro. Frequently used as cheap improvised cabin.

What state are you from user?

virginia, 35k a yr.... a-atleast i have health insurance and a 401k....

Not a bad idea, I would like to do something similar eventually.

Problems:
>satellite is too slow, you really need fiber if you want to follow through with coding
>odd jobs you compete with sidartha and regular companies will want you to at least be fairly senior to work completely remote
>all the additional logistics of remote work
>no gf so crippling loneliness
>/x/ fag so paranoid and would probably go crazy

Maybe if I find a girl with the same mindset, otherwise I'll stay at home.

Also:
>Maine
moose flies
lyme disease
mosquitoes
harsh winters (but no mosquitoes!)

i was thinking of building a giant concealed underground warehouse that will have tunnels leading to escape routes along with underground hydroponics for year round food production

not interested in claustrophobic bunkers

If you're going to live off the grid why even bother with the dumb coding by satellite idea? Just learn self sufficient living and provide for yourself without needing cash at all. If you're raising animals, hunting, fishing and growing food you're already 90% there anyway.

also /x/fag and would be really interested in seeing if there's something out there as i have never experienced anything paranormal.

satellite was just an example, there is pretty decent internet now i've heard.

get a redpilled wife before attempting if you're not interested in being lonely. or have people visit.

>do random codework to make money
This is extremely difficult without having an established reputation or connections with someone who does.

Serious question, whats satellite internet actually like? How long and expensive would it be to download a 1.5gb movie?

I actually do live in the mountains and holy shit would I never ever live in a cabin like that.

I get the whole natural light warming it ect, that's cool but you can do that with just one corner of a house.

That house would be FUCKED in a proper hailstorm, bears could walk right the fuck through it, and one crazy snowfall and the whole thing collapses.

Unless it's tempered, in which case, tick tock.

it's a thousand dollars for a satellite wifi router with 56k speeds

i'd want to constantly expand my base of operations and that takes money.

also don't want to be a complete hermit, would still enjoy traveling yearly etc.

>move to the woods, pacific NW
We're full. Fuck off with your Walden pipe dream.

Depends on provider. The thing with it is that it's unreliable;le and there's often a second or two delay.

If all you wanted to do was dl movies ect, it would be perfectly fine for that.

I watch netflix constantly and it never hangs or anything usually.

Look around a little, you never know what you might find.

Example: landwatch.com/Tazewell-County-Virginia-Land-for-sale/pid/289288035
>16.5 acres bordering Jefferson National Forest with local fresh water sources, a small amount of potentially farmable land, and deeded access to a fishing stream. $90K

Maybe not what you're looking for, but my point is there's no shortage of land for sale in this country.

That doesn't sound expensive at all.

Maybe you should dial back the crazy a little bit and start by learning these survival skills before thinking of doing large scale hydroponics. Pro-tip, people lived through winters using conventional agriculture before refrigeration.

If you live on a small, hidden home in a deeply rural area, you would likely never be affected by a happening or even know there was a happening at all.

I don't think you're gonna make enough to do what you're describing doing small time coding by candlelight

I think neetdom has ruined my mind tbqh

Property tax is a thing you fucking child.

Especially if you get cheap debt to finance the purchase.

Any good stories? How far in the mountains do you live?

How about something like this.

how the fuck are you gonna know how to build a house by yourself if you study computers? fuck off retard.

>there's no shortage of land for sale in this country
Can I interest you in a lot in beautiful Christmas Valley, Oregon?

That seems like a very easy place to break into, m8. Innawoods no one can hear you scream. Stay safe.

What do you code tc?

I recently got into it like a month and a half ago. Started with html, css and javascript...

Where should I go afterwards?

Really isn't that bad considering the circumstances. Obviously worse than regular internet and there's the lag time but way better than what you could get otherwise and the price seems decent.

Some backwoods ass state with

I hunt in my neighbourhood. Yesterday I ate my friend's dog lol

that looks fragile as fuck

a small, concrete house would serve its purpose much better

What? You would get so lonely.

Never feel the touch of a girl, never have good ol banter with your friends, never eat a home cooked meal from your mother....

How depressing.

lmfao no thanks

>how the fuck are you gonna know how to build a house by yourself
Jesus Christ, millennials are so useless.

yes this would obviously be a gradual process. but once you're out there you have a lot of time.

i make $120,000 in the bay area so if i just do part-time consulting that should be fine.

i almost studied architecture and researched a lot, there's a lot of info out there on building your own stuff. also prefab is an option.

kek, C

>>move to the woods, pacific NW
Fuck off, we're full.

I wanna grab some land in Texas. Cant decide on grass land in north or north east or a desert joint out in south west

I'm already stranded out in the PNW woods. I'm leaving for a city or nice small town somewhere else when I complete my AA. There's nothing here. There's meth and depression and nothing else.

>>move to the woods, pacific NW
Fuck off, we're still full.

>No
It's not in or not currently in, not no.
Huge difference.

>implying you're not 19
have you ever built a house? if you dont know what you're doing you're gonna fuck it up and either won't be able to live in it or it'll fall down on you and you fucking die. it's hard word. real life isn't like the sims you fucking baby

Hill country(SA, Austin) is best

>i make $120,000 in the bay area so if i just do part-time consulting that should be fine.

Yeah I don't know how common or possible this is, but getting that bay area salary somewhere cheap would be ideal.

>I wanna grab some land in Texas. Cant decide on grass land in north or north east or a desert joint out in south west

Austin seems so good and cheap for the tech scene. I really love new england though.

>contemporary housing
muh dick

if only it weren't so expensive

:(

IMO going innawoods is only worth it if you have a family going with you (IE. your GF) or if you're already a loner and hate people.

>Have IT corporate job with top 100 supercorp
>Be treated as a shaman because I'm even slightly competent
>Can work from home pretty much whenever I want
>That means all Mondays, all Fridays and any weekday the manager isn't in
>Parents have a nice 4 bedroom house on a remote, mountainside overlooking a lake in the West of Ireland
>Fully provisioned with a vegetable garden, water reclaimation, wood burning stove with water heating. In a good place for wind if I need energy independence

I figure I'll stick with the job until my parents die, inching my way up the wage scale, buy a property in the city when I can afford to, save up whatever I can. Once the parents die, I'll let out the city property and move back home, spending my days tending my garden and shitposting. Or the global economy will collapse in the meantime and I'll just retreat there anyway.

It's literally a shipping container dude

I saw in young county up near the panhandle like, 200 acres for 200-265,000$

what times does the train show up

what does that cabin look like after 20 years?

Just started trying to learn c/c++. Shit seems kind of brutal

Yes, me and mankind, for the past 4k years, have built a house.
Build foundation(slab,post/lintel, cement w/crawl space)
Build floor
Build walls
Raise walls
Plumb/wire/insulate

>Move to USA
Wrong
>move to pacific NW or maine
>buy land
Wrong
>Random codework
Wrong
>Weed
Degenerate

Wow youre a fucking retard
>got my 4 year cs degree im going to be making 250k starting at a startup with free hookers and booze
>map showing seriously out of date targets
Kek

Oregon has like NO strategic targets. Not a base to be found. Very anti mil here, historically.

ok nz then

i didn't get a cs degree, i did finance

fuck off with your negative shit

Plenty of money in easier languages.

Although front end web dev will eventually become the new graphic design

Well its a retarded plan. Immigration here is nearly impossible unless youre brown.

Codework is being outsourced to brown people in 3rd world countries where they can pay them $2 an hour. Who wants to pay aart 130k a year to work remotely when they can pay apu in india $2 an hour for 4 weeks. Sure apu will make security mistakes and the project will be shit but they will just pay a debt heavy fresh CS grad $40,000 a year to fix apu's mistakes.

Additionally the tech bubble is crashing with no survivors right now.

because i fucked up and got a meme degree instead of learning to code

>weed
Why not just live in the downtown of a major city, join a gang, sell cocaine, and be a part of criminal culture if you want to do degenerate things?

Pre-fab, modernist, even container homes, built by others, are so fucking expensive compared to stick built.
Grab a hammer, fags.

post and beam is the real man shit

>Additionally the tech bubble is crashing with no survivors right now.

Is it? How so? I live in the SF bay area (I know, kill me) and I can't wait for these smarmy tasteless cunts to gtfo

There's literally no middle to lower software dev job that'll allow you to work remotely the entirety of your employment.

For a specific project, I might believe it. I've had a few. But you eventually have a project where people want to meet in person.

And those assignments are for middle & upper level software devs.

Damn that was put together nicely

#woke

I looked at trying to save a buck, using SIPs, containers, etc.
Who the fuck want's to live in a bunch of 7x20' tubes, when you can build a real home for half the price, using PROVEN technology.
Fuck that, hippies.

Does anyone here actually make decent money doing remote freelancing work, though? Seems like someone who can pull $100k/yr in a major population center would be lucky to bring in $40k/yr (with no insurance) with remote work.

Companies that will let you work permanently remotely are memes as far as I know, eversince Yahoo stopped doing it seems like none of the big players do anymore.

No underground bunkers, but I'd totally be down for building a concealed basement.
Like, have a small hidden 1mx4m space behind a bookshelf or something, that just has stairs leading down.

Because your budgeting is fucking delustional.

Most of SF is fueled by "coding for dummies" type languages and architectures that are trendy but have a ridiculously low bar of difficulty.

Writing code in Ruby, Python, and etc aren't exactly difficult skills. They require no understanding of enterprise architectures.. They just werk.

Any Poo In Loo can pickup those skills just as they take low level Java, C++, and C# jobs. They can just as easily take over mid-level Ruby & Python jobs.

Yeah. Oregon is a terrible place to live, you don't want to come here. It's a liberal nightmare with a rediculously inefficient local government.

>get to build a bunker
It doesn't look like a bunker. Why build your house out of glass and wood? Wood that can burn. Glass that can be shattered.

Make it out of reinforced concrete, with blast doors and everything, and tunnel underground and build a nuke-proof bunker that can sustain you indefinitely. Hydroponics/aquaponics (with integrated aquaculture), lighting, filtration/purification systems, and other technologies makes sustainable living possible.

I have dual citizenship already.

That's also why I said you should get a job in a field first, get experience and build up a network of contacts first if you want to do contract work.

Also you can do other types of jobs, physical stuff like selling things you grow, writing blogs/books/youTube, trading financial products etc etc.

With an internet connection you can do a lot.

Weed is legal in a lot of places.

>Is it? How so?
40% drop in jobsite listings in past 12 months
Drop in VC being pumped into SF/Seattle/MemeLocations
Drop in talent being produced
Inflated valuations causing market doubts (e.g uber being valued higher than the GDP of several countries)
General market slippage due to dumb shit in the entire economy
Also everything this goy said
Cost of living factors into this heavily
Think about the cost of living in a city and the expenses associated with going to an office.
>I dont know how much shit costs, the post

>Does anyone here actually make decent money doing remote freelancing work, though?
Big money, if you are rare or very good(mediocre LMS millionaire here). Thanks, MOODLE!

Has to be a need. They exist. They're usually internal hires.

Joe lives in California, but the company has a branch in Virginia. The Virginia branch has a large contract with an emphasis on RESTful Java interfaces, all of the Java guys in Virginia are 100% tasked as it is. Project manager and software leads are cool with a remote hire.

The project manager then hires Joe.

I did the same. Looked into container houses quite a bit and saw how expensive the end up being.

I think about what the cheapest possible way to build a simple home would be. Chainsaw milling some logs on a woodlot property to use for beams, then connecting them using brackets instead of joinery seems like the most reasonable approach, but I have very little building experience.

What happening is coming?