Song to song

Song to song thread.

First reviews: google.sk/amp/variety.com/2017/film/reviews/song-to-song-review-terrence-malick-1202006184/amp/

hollywoodreporter.com/review/song-to-song-985340

Trailer: youtu.be/V9t4SKWryWM

B- Roll: youtu.be/eYgtJcvcu9k

Fassy interview: youtu.be/GkjtWRqL6aA
Hershlag interview:
youtu.be/6xK22lxQeUU

Anybody seen this at SXSW?

Other urls found in this thread:

lwlies.com/festivals/song-to-song-first-look-review/
twitter.com/Fandango/status/840363393391443968
independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/reviews/terrence-malick-song-to-song-review-2017-ryan-gosling-rooney-mara-michael-fassbender-natalie-portman-a7624316.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Looks like more Knight of Cups-style garbage

>Knight of Cups-style

Can't wait to see it.

I figured it would be after seeing the trailer.

I fucking love Malick, and Knight of Cups was a treasure, but the trailer for this movie honestly looks like Malick's living up his own ass. It has all the Malick-isms in full force which I'm guessing would make it hard for even the most diehard of Malick fans to immerse themselves in the movie.

That being said, the reviews are godawful themselves. They criticize the cast for being too white.

Wonderful, Knight of Cups is 10/10

>The above synopsis, of course, is more direct than Malick's storytelling, which pastes vast voiceover monologues across footage of characters frolicking their way through every piece of high-end real estate in Austin and many in the surrounding Hill Country to boot. Sequences move from location to location — returning often to the VIP areas of Austin's many outdoor music fests, but almost never watching anyone perform — and the film's relationships are nearly as transient, dissolving before the viewer is quite convinced they actually exist.

>Near the end, a handful of fog-draped, static exterior shots are strung together in a brief montage. Nobody's talking, on screen or off, and there's no hint of the money that wafts through the rest of the film. The sequence contributes nothing to the story. It's heavenly.

MALIK IS BYOND NARRTIVE

>watch Fassbender interview
>he calls Terry "the first American auteur".

>Malick-isms

Could anyone please explain what this means to someone who's never seen a Malick film?

Also, what film of his would you recommend l watch first?

Jesus, Fassy

Watch Badlands and then go in chronological order......

>They criticize the cast for being too white.
This is the norm now for everything that will come out.

Watch thin red line or knight of cups first for full malick-isms. Badlands and Days of heaven are much more tame and conventional and different from everything after it, still pretty good tho. You either like it or dont, there is no arguing that his movies can come of as pretentious but they are also beautiful to look at and there is some honesty to it. Stay away from To The Wonder tho, its shit.

I read both reviews in the OP, and neither criticize the movie for being "too white", they criticize it for lacking substance and having weak characters/relationships.

lwlies.com/festivals/song-to-song-first-look-review/

>lacking of substance

the argument of people who have nothing to say.
They don't even know what substance is.

>tfw Terry bullied you're waifu

twitter.com/Fandango/status/840363393391443968

yeah stay away from his best movie if you're a pleb

Style IS substance, though. The majority of critics need to fuck off.

>Cast: Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara, Michael Fassbender, Natalie Portman, Cate Blanchett, Holly Hunter

So best girl Blanchett made the final cut, but best boy Bale didn't. Oh well

>Of the characters beyond the initial love triangle in Malick’s too-white ensemble

Not a big criticism, but it's there

Malick-isms are the super Lubezki-ish cinematography that moves all around the characters fluidly. It's the main characters walking away from each other and walking towards each other, or one following the other one? Ambigious dialogue, voiceover, existential dread and confusion, reveling in the vices, close ups - it's sort of hard to explain, but once you've seen To The Wonder and Knight of Cups, you'll get what I mean.

I'd start with Tree of Life.

Bump

I had a dream last night that I was watching this and it was pure kino.

>Terrence Malick’s Song to Song film review: A masterpiece, life-changing and other superlatives I stand by

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/reviews/terrence-malick-song-to-song-review-2017-ryan-gosling-rooney-mara-michael-fassbender-natalie-portman-a7624316.html

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Ho ho ho what excellent humor!

hahahahaha JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP SENPAI!!! MALICK ON SUICIDE WATCH!!!

>6 reviews
Also i dont think he gives a fuck.

>american critics

I mean I thought Knight of Cups was pretty bad but you're a retard.

Serious, challenging works of film almost always have polarized receptions, especially by the mainstream critics who are almost all unequivocally plebs

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH MALICKFAGS THIS BUTTHURT HAHAHAH RIP IN PIECE JUSTTTTTT FUCK MY MOVIES UP

I love TTW and KoC :^)

>It has all the Malick-isms in full force which I'm guessing would make it hard for even the most diehard of Malick fans to immerse themselves in the movie.

Yet you tolerated Knight of Cups?

Is he going to be okay?

Why does portfu look like she had surgery?

So when is this releasing?