Why don't Americans outside of a few select states care about hockey? It has the hard hitting of football...

Why don't Americans outside of a few select states care about hockey? It has the hard hitting of football, the speed of basketball, and the strategy of baseball. What's not to love? Is it because it sucks to watch on TV if you aren't already familiar with the game?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=grOttsHuuzE
youtube.com/watch?v=rWYtshD-H_o
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_pQBW5Kq8tU
pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-kim-eun-ji-s-nipple-twtb1fk/answers/new.html
blogs.voanews.com/all-about-america/2015/09/21/these-are-americas-richest-poorest-states/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because ice is gay.

Way gayer than tight pants and short shorts, right?

it's not hard hitting. those brutal body checks you see on youtube don't happen very often. and you can check people who don't have possession so there's no tactics involved, it's just knocking people over randomly. and it's almost always a cheap shot that the guy never saw coming.

>it sucks to watch on tv
baseball is even worse imo

Cannot see shit. The puck or whatever you called it is too small. You see those guys collide here and there and when you know it they already scored.

its not shilled to them on e!$pn like apehoop and concussionball

>baseball
>strategy

americans are all around terrible in general

Football and baseball have a stronghold in the south
Lacrosse owns the east coast
Basketball owns the breadbasket and of course nyc
Hockey is a huge deal in the upper Midwest, any little pocket with Midwest transplants (like Florida and zona) have big hockey fanbases as well

yet here you are obsessing and saving pictures based around americans, your jealousy is showing

Literally I have never watched hockey the post

All of NE m8. all of it. If you didn't play pond hockey when you were a kid you are basically a faggot.

it hasn’t snowed in thirty years where I live so why care about hockey if I can’t even play it? The only sports I’m into are ones I played or currently play

i don't watch it often because i don't like it. but if i had to make a rough estimate, i've watched 30 full games and a few minutes of about 200 other games. literally never saw a single hit where someone got knocked out cold. which i acknowledge does happen.

baseball's strongholds are the northeast, mid-atlantic, chicago, st. louis, and california

Yeah apparently normies literally can't see the puck.
I grew up watching hockey with my dad so I never had that issue.

Baseball is a huge deal in Chicago and st Louis, if you aren't on a company summer team you're basically a fag
But the south has good year-round baseball weather and people really like the sport
Even college / independent circuit teams have good attendance in my hometown in Texas

hockey is a bydlo sport here for some reason

>why don't people like what I don't like
Who cares.

>Why don't places that don't get natural ice like a game played on ice
Hockey is my favorite sport, but it makes sense that it's not as popular as something like basketball. Most of the US's population lives in the fucking sunbelt, that's really all there is to know about that.

Ah yes, my favorite part of hockey is how there's no rules and people check everyone all the time because there's no penalties, truly a barbarian sport :^)

>Lying through your teeth: the post

whatever you say. the only reason stickfight exists is because it's physically impossible to do anything else besides ski in certain parts of the world.

Make the puck glow or something

Orienteering, ice fishing, snowshoeing

>t. man who knows nothing about hockey other than it's played with sticks and fights happen sometimes
You're just embarrassing yourself now

I bet you live in a sunbelt state, I'm glad you don't watch our sport.

They did and it sucked

>tfw three consecutive (You)s

youtube.com/watch?v=grOttsHuuzE

Why? Is this it? It looks awesome. I would watch this.

Sup Forums is truly the easiest board to bait

>the speed of basketball
>speed
>basketball
???

Here:
youtube.com/watch?v=rWYtshD-H_o

`

>it's not hard hitting. those brutal body checks you see on youtube don't happen very often. and you can check people who don't have possession so there's no tactics involved, it's just knocking people over randomly. and it's almost always a cheap shot that the guy never saw coming.

>Signed,
>A Kid Who Has Never Seen A Hockey Game In Her Life

>Lacrosse owns the east coast

What the fuck are you talking about

you’re living in his hard drive, but he’s living in your head for free.

>baseball
>strategy

Hard to get into a sport you or nobody you knew played and the climate is inhospitable to playing it on a whim/recreationally outside in the vast majority of the US. If you do play in a league as a kid it takes a level of commitment most parents don't have.

I only watch the Worldc Up

looks shit desu.
they advocate fighting because there is no other entertainment in the match.
mighty ducks was a top-tier film though

Hockey is pretty huge around me, but I'm from chicago. I grew up playing it and love it. But even the local travel team is traveling every weekend, practice 3 times a week, and a $3500 bill to be on the team.

High level youth hockey (AAA) is literally fucked, with it being up to $8k in Chicago because the coaches take a nice 6 figure salary. Was coached by a Chelios brother and Dennis Vaske (washed up ex NHL goon who chased kids moms and was always drunk). Very political at that level.

>Speed of basketball, strategy of baseball
More like the speed of hockey and strategy of soccer. In all reality basketball fast breaks are a shorter distance and slower than being on skates. Pretty sure in terms of speed hockey tops most sports since they slide around on ice.

Strategy wise it makes no sense to compare baseball, a static sport, to hockey a more active sport. Baseball is kind of like football in the sense that one person starts the play (QB/pitcher) for others to become active for that play and the play comes to an end with another action to set up for the next play.

Hitting wise it really isn't the same as football either. Guys get hit yes but, since it is an active sport you don't have people slamming their heads into each other and most hits come from scrambles to get the puck along the boards.

Personally I try to watch but, I don't have a team that I have any attachment to since it isn't big in my area. I also tend to forget Hockey even exists during football season but, with the winter Olympics coming up again I might try to catch more games.

It's a complete meme sport
Absolutely trash tier

>le fling 435000 shots at goal a game
>le .000000000000023 shot conversion rate luck puck
>anything but shit

Hockey is just football with some complications thrown in

>lacrosse owning anything outside of Johns Hopkins circa 2001-2006
Where does this delusion come from, the game sucks now

>lacrosse owns the east coast
there is no way you're from the east coast

Honestly hockey is pretty boring now

>Another post that has never actually watched a hockey game before in his life.

It's arguably tougher to be a goalie in hockey than it is to be someone shooting the puck at him. There are actually goalies that have died on the ice. It's fucking insane.

I'm the only baseball/hockey fan here I bet. Also, I played high school ice hockey in California so take what you will with it.

>Strategy of basketball

Wait... what?

because men sucking and fucking each other on ice is fucking gay

horseshit, the net is literally smaller than their fucking bodies. i bet it's the easiest job in sports. they make it look like they need lightning reflexes but most of those saves never had a chance to get in the goal.

The #1 in the 2016 NHL entry draft is a literal wetback born and raised in Arizona.

>I can't see the puck
>weighs 350 pounds

Because it's a cold weather sport, dummy. You might as well be asking why skiing is only popular in certain places too

>Small rubber object that goes around 105mph on a shot
>Resting upright you barely fill up half of the net
>Your job is to try and catch or block these objects out of midair
Yeah, so easy mate. Must be why every hockey game ends in a shootout. :^)

Friend....

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_pQBW5Kq8tU

Don't forget
>Big 220+ pound enforcers with the sole purpose of crashing into you all game to take you out of it.
>Other players crashing and the blades of their skates that are sharp enough to cut your fucking head off

>tfw two consecutive (You)s and an indirect (You)

>Lax
>Owning anything

You are retarded.

>the strategy of baseball
lmao people actually believe this

Hockey fans are very defensive over their sport

>hard hitting of football
>speed of basketball
>strategy of baseball

no, no, and no.
games aren't as fast paced as basketball, and aren't as physical as football. hockey is basically soccer on ice. I would agree it's bette than soccer, but not that much better.

So are bullegg and povertyball fans, now what's your point?

it's hard not to take the bait in this thread when literally half of the posts sound like people who have never watched a hockey game in their life.

You have to be wealthy, intellectual, and white. Most states don't meet this criteria

This absolutely, ignoring all the bait about it being a shitty game, the real reason is because if you don't grow up in a climate that ice forms in it can be hard to justify owning a pair of skates and a stick, not to mention having to go out of your way to find a league for your kid to play in.
Even in snowy states like Colorado and northern Utah it can be hard. Hockey is a niche sport that just managed to get big of of geographical placement than anything else.

>lax

Name one good southern baseball player

>lacrosse

I just got two free (you)s for saying that

Too poor

Just follow the puck with your eyes. Even children can do that.

Too poor too dumb

No one gets more defensive than a butthurt sports fan

>i don't watch it often
Or ever.

A 400lb burger thinking he can play any sport without his heart exploding...

>washed up ex NHL goon who chased kids moms and was always drunk
Sounds like a coach to me. The coach of the OHL team in my city has the second most penalty minutes in NHL history.

That's two more (you)'s than you have friends. Good job.

Appreciate it mate

I like Hockey but you have to be in the right place to appreciate it. Here in NJ even when the Devils are literally the biggest team here no one goes to games. Why because EVERYONE is a import. From New Yorkers up North and hick trash from the south.

Well.. I mean it's almost always played indoors anyway. Of course, that's what makes operating it somewhat expensive.

FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL!

no wonder NE is so liberal

i didn't realize sp was full of brainlets

Where I live in NJ hockey is huge

there are very fat NFL players and there are very fat baseball players
is there any fat NHL player? people don't feel represented by them

if the carolina hurricanes were in charlotte I would definitely keep up with them and go to some games here and there. Im a big charlotte sports fan but obviously there isnt a bigg hockey following here. Would have loved to been a real hurricanes fan when they won the cup, only pro team in NC to win a championship. Now I just feel like id be a bandwagoner if I picked them up, but they're probably not that good anymore and im not driving to Raleigh to see a game.

Because half of the US is baked in sun that we call the sunbelt where Ice is only seen inside cooled buildings
States that care about hockey are in the Midwest and New England coast
Massachusetts, Maine, Ohio, Minnesota, Michigan, New York, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Vermont, New Hampshire and Wisconsin, the defining factor for these states are their proximity to Canada and with the exception of Indiana Massachusetts and Illinois they all touch Canada’s border either over a lake or by land and the fact that the eastern side of Canada, hockey is more popular, than the western side, helps the states, this is also why American football is so popular in British Columbia Alberta and Saskatchewan
The frencher the province the more popular hockey is

It's big in wealthy white states like New York, New Jersey, Minnesota, Massachusetts, and Maine

You care about the sports you grew up playing as a kid with your friends. It's that simple for most people, really.

There was never any hockey in northeast Tennessee. We played football, baseball, and basketball, so naturally those three sports are going to be the most followed by the region. You're overthinking it, really.

pollmill.com/f/what-is-the-size-of-kim-eun-ji-s-nipple-twtb1fk/answers/new.html

Bill
Hartnell
Ryan Johansen
On another topic why the fuck is captcha so bad and broken

>New Jersey
>Minnesota
>wealthy
Top kek

>being mentally retarded

blogs.voanews.com/all-about-america/2015/09/21/these-are-americas-richest-poorest-states/

Ohio is richer than all of those states but look, hockey is almost nothing in it

>flyover believe this

Ohio has the 8th highest gpd
And only an 11.9% growth in hockey since 2003