Life is meaningless

When you think about it, there really is no point in doing anything. Probably you will die at 70 or 80 or even before. If you die before your spouse, you die knowing you are leaving them in grief and sadness with no way to console them. Even if you're lucky enough to live to 100, it's still such a brief period, and it goes faster the older you get.

After you die, a few people will remember you. But they will die themselves too, and the memory of your existence will be gone forever. It's not as if future people will ever be interested in your life. You and all record of you will just fade away. Even if you were famous somehow that only means your name might live on a decade or two. If you try very very hard, you just might be able to make an impact on your time or even the near future. But what's the point? That, too, will pass. It's not as if your body will lie peacefully in a green field next to your spouse eternally. Even if you made a giant impact, soon enough the world will be hit by an asteroid, or a plague, massive climate change, or some other great disaster.

Even if we manage to avoid that, in a cosmic eyeblink, the Sun will die. Maybe we will have escaped the solar system by then, maybe not. It seems highly unlikely given the laws of this universe. But even if we escape to another solar system, eventually the universe itself will simply end. There will be nothing left, not even the information that we ever existed. Our whole spacetime will end, or at best, loop. And even if, by some amazing cross-dimensional magic, the "human race" (whatever it looks like by then) has survived and figures out how to teleport to another dimension, no one will have thought of you personally for a trillion years and never will again.

It seems that trying to do anything really meaningful is just a waste of time. Nothing you can do will ever change the final result. Not only will we be annihilated, but the information that our entire universe ever existed at all will be gone.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NoAzpa1x7jU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

life is a gift
its a blink in the entirety of existence. you are the needle in the haystack

>If you die before your spouse, you die knowing you are leaving them in grief and sadness with no way to console them.
lol no she'll find a bull.

a shitty gift

it doesnt matter anyway because they will die too

Either you tell yourself that you are gonna live for your family/country/religion or whatevs or you will end up with that conclusion 2bh.
Maybe read up "Never to have been born" by David Benatar.

>family/country/religion
things that die

no

yes

Yeah, so have to persuade yourself or find something that you want to preserve for "as long as possible". In the end not much matters.

but it doesnt matter

>In the end not much matters.
nothing does

>because something ends it has no meaning
t. brainlet

not something, but my existence

Depends tho. I mean you can follow that and say that since nothing matters there is no meaning, but you can still enjoy the time you have left in this life and make something out of it. Negative things outweigh the positive things, but throwing your personal time left in this universe won't gonna change anything.

how can you enjoy it if you are going to die?

Shitty for you. I'm the universe experiencing itself and it's fun. It's your fault if you aren't happy

Dunno. You can party around or spend some time for your hobbies, but I personally would rather read books and stuff. In the end my own knowledge and experiences won't change much in this life, but I will at least enjoy my time left.

no
you are a weak unattractive mongrel that will die and lives in a dangerous shitskin shithole

you are to the whole universe what the cockroach is the the guy who squashes it with his boots

one must imagine sisyphus happy

>Because my existence ends it has no meaning.
t. Brainlet

it doesnt matter anyway

i wish i could kill mysel painlessly but i dont know how
every method seems to be painful if something goes wrong

>wanting to "live" past 60
>caring about being remembered
>thinking anyone will remember our world at all in 10,000 years
>not embracing the cycle and your moment of being
imagine being this much of a teenager

everything ends in the future
its all meaningless

Yes but if one achieves immortality (in as much as living as long as is physically possible in this universe/dimension) one can witness the FINAL end of the universe not just his own. And if possibly other states of existence exist transfer into those and continue existence there.
So it's not all meaningless.

Do you even know what "meaning" is? Maybe you should look it up and realize that finality doesn't preclude something from having meaning. Take your bargain bin nihilism back to middle school please.

Was kinda interested when the V3-Party and some small parties wanted to introduce euthanasia-laws here, but it will still take some time desu.
Like I said, either search for a meaning or enjoy your current time. Buddhism and Stoicism are actually quite well made way of thoughts.
This.

What do you mean by this? I am a weak mongrel as a human or as an american? I assume you're talking about my nationality, because I live in a 'shitskin shithole'. I'll have you know that I live in a low crime, majority white, beautiful place. You need to go outside more often if you aren't happy. Go find a hobby or go outside the city and experience nature. Life is not meaningless because it has value to me. You're just a piece of shit that is taking out your depression on us. You're not happy, therefore i shouldn't be happy.
Grow up

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

>possibly other states of existence exist transfer into those
that's death anyway, even if you're not religious.

Death is not a state of existence but of non-existence.

IF its possible
now its still science fiction

all we do know now is that billions of people had hopes and dreams which died with them
same will happen with every single human you have seen in your life

yes
and you are meaningless

there is no meaning
and it doesnt matter how much i "enjoy" life
everything dies

it doesnt matter
you will die anyway

Yes I will die. But why does that matter?

there is no god

It's not that you are wrong as such, but you must understand that you are making a choice.
At the bottom of the darkest ocean, if you keep going even further, there is a bright city. A few can make it in.

it doesnt matter if someone loves you
they will die

you will not exist

Do you enjoy music?

no there isnt a bright city
even if there is one, you will die
just like the city

>there is no meaning
Everyone defines meaning on his own way, if you believe (not necessarily religion) in something there will be meaning.

Non-existence of what? All the electrical energy in the brain remains, as does every atom. Matter and energy merely change unless you're claiming a soul exists, in which case you can't say anything for sure because it's impossible to measure.

>average british woman 2025.jpg

yes
it will die too

it doesnt matter because in reality you will die with your "meaning"

Do you enjoy music?

Some concepts transcend the physical world, and exist as universal truths. Descartes argues some statements even exist beyond the world of ideas

What does matter then user?

Why do you enjoy music if its going to die?

>it doesnt matter because in reality you will die with your "meaning"
And that is bad because?

its a man who suffered against his will for 83 days
his life was meaningless like yours
but during his existence
he suffered extreme pain

just consider yourself lucky my big fedora webm got deleted you little scamp

>one day all this suffering will come to an end
Thankfully
Look at old people, many of them want it to be over sooner rather than later

Isn't it great. All beginning points have end-points. People act by either short memory or ignorance, that things will be as they are 'infinitely'. But time is no stranger to crushing that conception. The end is as important as the beginning and the middle is the most interesting and important part. The part of time that you were born in and lived in, is in the history of the universe. It's a mark, though it will be erased physically. Will still have happened. Your post however was a bit too nihilistic. I thought i'd known what you meant up until you got to the universe and beyond. That's really not that important right now.

yes
but music will die

and now he is dead and doesnt exist

nothing

i dont know why me (brain) likes it
but it will die

because you will not exist

that fedora webm will not exist one day

>mfw that laz poster is not only a greek spammer but also a nihilistic sad depressive cunt

feelsverygood.
Also OP, you claim that your life has no purpose but also that you want to tell everyone else that they should see the world like you too, but with that you actually gave yourself a purpose.
congrats you played yourself.

Do you do stand up user? I'm loving this bit you're doing.

Yet we're condemned to life whether we like it or not, so why not find a way to make that life meaningful and joyful?

their brain rots

no its not great

>because you will not exist
That is not bad. If you can continue your life with holding on to a meaning it might seem meaningless to others, but on a personal level that person thinks that it had a meaning, thats it all about.

There is.
You might just be an "edgy kid" exaggerating on purpose here, but I encourage you to dig down further, make yourself really depressed, you have to feel what you are saying here, because I don't think you do yet, you have that feigned apathetic distanced attitude.

>nothing
well it's a bit of a useless concept to chase then isn't it?

>IF its possible
The pursuit of knowledge for the continuous preservation and extension of life as well as the acquisition of resources to fuel this therefore become the meaning of life itself.

>now its still science fiction
Just like flying was a science fiction merely 200 years ago.

>Non-existence of what?
Yourself. Your awareness and/or consciousness.

If nothing matters, then it doesn't matter that nothing matters.

How does that invalidate anything I said ?
Your thoughts revolve around a feeling ( fear of death ), so using reason to argue against it would be pointless, you just have to grow up and accept you'll die one day.

i got that feeling some days ago
if you read my text over and over again you will understand that life is meaningless

and this picture should show you that we should strive for a painless death as soon as possible

who knows what will happen tomorrow?
a man could break in your house and torture you for years

>make a theory about universe
>depressive cunts use it as an excuse to be depressive
end yourself please

Will shit then what do you want then? What is your conclusion? Everything is meaningless therefore, "meh"? That's it? I look at it as a positive or at least more optimistic. You can also view it negatively. However, that's pointless because it will bring you emotions that described by you would inevitably be "pointless."

>ikibey has an existential crisis
wew lad

Sometimes I really pity those who want to have euthanasia-laws to end their lifes, but the state for which these people had to work their asses off or had to suffer in other ways won't allow that. It really confuses me that some people in their 20s want to life till they are 90 or even later desu.

yes but i wish i would die in sleep so i wouldnt notice

but it doesnt matter
its better to kill yourself painlessly as soon as possible

its just that i dont know any method that is 100% safe

Well you do enjoy music. How can you enjoy something if you know it will just die? How can life be enjoyable like music if it all ends? You just proved to me that there is value in life. If life can experience and affect itself, how can it be nothing? If today is a point in time that never be overwritten, then it exists no matter what happens

you missed the point.
You claim your life has no purpose but by trying to get us on your side you ultimately gave yourself a purpose.
You can't even get your own ideology right lmao

Kek

You exist to feel sad
welcome to the club

>Yourself. Your awareness and/or consciousness.
Yeah it might, particularly if it's defined by the specific electrical structure of the brain. But nobody knows if that's the case, because measuring brain activity is no different from measuring the electrical signals in a CPU. If it is the case then it's also quite interesting because it means that consciousness simply arises from patterns, which in an infinite universe will inevitably recur.

On the other hand if it's supernatural then you can't claim anything like I said.

Based Zhang. BRICS understands this stuff because we're not all pampered little shits.

Why is eternal oblivion immediately preferable to oblivion after a well-lived life? And that's assuming that oblivion is what awaits after death, which is just one theory amongst many others.

Think about how your thoughts before you were born. Remember how it was before you were born? Exactly.

I could explain it to you, but first you'd have to tell me exactly what you mean by "preferable"

>But nobody knows if that's the case
For now it's the best assumption because the existence of consciousness capable of communicating its existence one or another way from a different "configuration" (read machine) or of a supernatural variety has not reached us.

>baby's first existential crisis
Just try to be happy. Life is meaningless, yes, but there's no reason not to enjoy while you live it.

Hans are you feeling sad? does it feel pointless. Time is the only currency that actually matters. Make use of it before you run out of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=NoAzpa1x7jU

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here

Why would it seem like a better option to commit suicide instead of finding a way of living that will bring you joy, even if it only lasts for the time that you are alive?

Because OP, wants oblivion because, one would assume it would be how life was before you were born. That is to answer your question. "Why would one choose oblivion over a well-lived life."

Well yeah we agree on that. What do you think about the recurrence part?

His point is that you get that anyway, you just get a life as well.

>If it is the case then it's also quite interesting because it means that consciousness simply arises from patterns, which in an infinite universe will inevitably recur.

Well let's say that we isolate the mind solely as a pattern of electrical signals. For now we have to assume they are tied down to a certain material structure in which they occur and arise from. Even if we succeed in the near future to transfer this into a machine it still nonetheless needs a very specific materialistic "configuration" to hold it. Not to mention the very specific and incredibly complex arrangement/structure of electrical signals corresponding to one awareness from another will be quite different as it is today with it only arising from a biological existence.
The probability of a specific or in general combination of such a material structure occuring somewhere else in the universe is there. But close to zero I would assume.