Star Trek discovery: not enough women

>Star Trek discovery: not enough women

>The horror stories of sexism behind the Star Trek curtain have become infamous in recent years. Suffice it to say, Discovery has a lot to make up for. But even beyond the franchise's poor track record, Star Trek simply must have an equal ratio of female to male characters, because of what the show is.

>Star Trek is supposed to be about our future; not only that but a future in which we have solved the problems of the past — racism, sexism, and homphobia to name just a few. This is what the Star Trek writers have been telling us for years, and yet as long as the casts continue to consist of mostly male characters, the entirety of Trek's principles ring false. How are we supposed to believe in this moral message if there are only two (maximum three) women on the bridge at any one time?

google.com/amp/s/moviepilot.com/posts/4222163/amp

The feminazis aren't happy again.

Xe isn't wrong. There is an intrinsic male perspective even in shows which try to be fair. Womyn in TOS were portrayed ridiculously for a supposedly advanced society. The final episode of TOS is probably the most offensive episode of anything ever made.

It's going to be crap anyway.

>in which we have solved the problems of the past — racism, sexism, and homphobia to name just a few

Then how do you do social commentary if this shit has already been "solved"? Every episode would just be a multi-racial multi-gender orgy.

I heard the entire crew of the Federation ship is going to be genderfluid-tumblrkin, but have the show will also be about the Klingon ship that promotes traditional family values and gender roles.

>it's an user inadvertently solves the problem of evil episode

>The horror stories of sexism behind the Star Trek curtain have become infamous in recent years.
I thought they were praised for stuff like one of the first interracial kisses on tv?

Apparently they had issue with the sexy costumes.

>Sexy costumes in 'Star Trek'. Not pictured: TOS miniskirts as those really were a symbol of empowerment in the '60s — one which Nichelle Nichols pushed the show to include.

Except some of the sexy costumes were ok because they said so.

Kirk was compelled to kiss Uhura and didn't enjoy it (he stared daggers at plato's stepchildren during the entire kiss instead of focusing on Uhura)

Nichelle Nichols is such a female name. What is wrong with current year women?

by meeting people that haven't solved them yet
like aliens, colonies, planet with other people etc.

7 of 9 is built for sex, but I really don't want to watch Voyager.

did she assume all their genders?

Please don't do this to my Star Trek

I hope CBS realizes not to listen to these delusional people because if they add more women to the cast, they'll complain there aren't enough men (for eye candy purposes).
SJWs are never satisfied. The industry needs to stop catering to them.

>Star Trek simply must have an equal ratio of female to male characters

why?

because biological realities are just the patriarchy manifesting in the flesh.

So the writer never actually watched Trek.

They're the ones who will actually pay for CBSAA.

In the Western world, those who identify as male are vastly more likely to pirate than others (McDowell, Smith, and Zhang 25; Gealt, Gunter, & Higgins 668)

Women must be extrrminated.

ARTIFICIAL WOMBS WHEN

>Star Trek is supposed to be about our future; not only that but a future in which we have solved the problems of the past
so why do they expect feminism in it?

Will they discover a Trump planet in the new show? Or at least a Trump character.

If they want to do it right, they should follow the lead of "Enterprise" - The very best Star Trek series ever produced:

No faggots.
No feminism
No PC
Less technobabble
More realism
More character
Interesting aliens
Solid storytelling