Logan Vs The Dark Knight

So what's the consensus? I went into Logan expecting it to be generic capeshit but it ended up being true Kino. I would say that it rivals the Dark Knight, maybe even better.

What does Sup Forums think? Which is better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qtx9ExfU6MY
youtube.com/watch?v=pFUKeD3FJm8
youtube.com/watch?v=dhpjKX1j-KQ
youtube.com/watch?v=o9tsC0a9svg
youtube.com/watch?v=tkVQt66E6Nc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Logan isn't even good, and TDK doesn't have logical flaws like adamantium bullets killing Wolverines or X-23s which can never grow because of adamantium skeletons

>X-23s which can never grow because of adamantium skeletons

She only have claws

Logan is a solid flick, and gets a lot out of the Wolverine character, but he doesn't have the potential of Batman, which Nolan goes nuts with

TDK is a break down on the role of identity in relation to heroism, told in an action movie

TDK, but Logan is probably the best xmen and better than any Marvel movie overall.

>X-23s which can never grow because of adamantium skeletons

Fuck, how many hordes of people like you are out there that still need to question this? I swear to God, this is like the billionth time it has to be answered.

UNLIKE LOGAN, ONLY LAURA'S CLAWS ARE ADAMANTIUM, HER BONES ARE NOT.

I don't expect you to be the last to question this very same thing. Again.

I think it's a lazy comparison and that they're not similar at all thematically or cinematically. the only common thread is being based on a comic book

Raimi's SM are better than both.

I somehow found Logan to feel more grounded than TDK despite the former having actual superpowers and clones.

Really weird.

they're both shit

Try to watch those movies now that you are 14, they simply don't hold.

I agree. I think it's cause it's much more tonally grounded than TDK. Part of it is cause of the R rating but I also think that Mangold just handled character and dialogue a lot better than Nolan.

Nolan's movies suck when you grow up. Raimi's still have charm, because they aren't pretending to be smart and realistic like Nolan's are.

I can safely say that Logan is the worst and most pointless film I have ever witnessed. It is a pathetic "slasher" flick that panders to our lowest and most voyeuristic, rubberneck instincts. It attempts to seduce the weakest, sickest, and most gladiatorial part of human nature. The part that yearns to view blood and gore when we drive by a car crash.

What's worse is that Logan brutally wastes some of the most extraordinary talents in the entertainment industry. Patrick Stewart, one of the most brilliant Shakespearean actors of our time, and Hugh Jackman one of the finest film and Broadway talents ever, have been paid lavishly to compromise their talents egregiously. The real tragedy of this film is to witness these two brilliant, and gifted actors sell their souls to the Hollywood cesspool, or is it Deadpool? The same pool that once spawned some powerful, ethical, inspirational, and entertaining CGI Marvel heroes. That pool has stagnated, and it starting to get putrid.

One decapitation and impaling after another, it also drags children into the psychotic slashing mayhem. As if it's not bad enough that adults could conceivably behave in such a way, to create heroic images of demonic bloodthirsty innocents is unconscionable.

The only comfort arising from this tasteless and gratuitous dung heap of mizzled gore is that Charles and Logan are finally shanked beyond repair. No more Wolverine, or Professor Charles Xavier. Thank God! My fear is that Marvel is simply making way for another generation of young actors to be proselytized for the sake of even more gruesome, sick, twisted and bloodthirsty voyeurism.

If I could get a refund for my ticket, and the popcorn, I would. Calling Logan a lame and insulting piece of crap would be too generous.

dark knight is an intense and momentum heavy spy thriller

logan is a laid back movie about an aged violent man

very different imo

>handled character and dialogue a lot better than Nolan.
>dialogue
>Nolan
What this shithole done the most for the last 5 years?

SM1 > TDK > SM2 > Logan

Nice pasta

I don't think that's weird at all. logan is a character study, it's about aging and vulnerability. it's not a movie where the hero saves the world or a major city, it's not about a grand good vs. evil battle, it doesn't make explicit attempts to be profound through exposition

>it wasn't Old Man Logan the movie

I liked Logan better

Logan is the best capekino to me.
Dark Knight is overrated.
Dark Knight Rises is better.

The Dark Knight: "Identity Secrets" - Analysis and Explanation

youtube.com/watch?v=qtx9ExfU6MY

The Dark Knight — Creating the Ultimate Antagonist

youtube.com/watch?v=pFUKeD3FJm8

Nolan's Republic

youtube.com/watch?v=dhpjKX1j-KQ

A World without Rules - The Dark Knight Analysis

youtube.com/watch?v=o9tsC0a9svg

The Dark Knight Analyzed: Interrogation Scene Climax

youtube.com/watch?v=tkVQt66E6Nc

I still don't fucking get it how shooting some bricks with a minigun could give you a fingerprint from completely different bullet.

Because muh bat-tech

Yeah I agree they're not really that comparable but it's kinda fun to do. Kinda like how the Oscar's take every movie at the end of the year and just pick what they liked the most.

I personally preferred Logan more. I don't know how much of that is just because it was a much more grounded and personal story compared to the Dark Knight but for w/e reason Logan did a better job of reaching me on a personal level. I think the reason is just cause Logan decided to tackle emotional and familial issues like the desire for peace and depression where as the themes TDK tackled were a bit grander in scale. Stuff like what actually makes a hero, what is right and wrong, morality and ethics, etc. That stuff is also fine to talk about and it does a good job of tackling those issues but the stuff Logan dealt with was just something I prefer to see in a movie. Not to say that TDK was shit or anything, just that I liked Logan more.

The last act of logan with all the kids was poorly done, just like any typical x-men movie

TDK 8/10
Logan 7/10

Why do you think it was poorly done?

The bullet in the brick, with the fingerprint on it, was completely fragmented and impossible to put back together. All the fragments were scanned.

Bale recreates the scenario and tests the reliability of it by using multiple samples. He shoots a bullet into a brick and gathers how the bullet fragments itself several times. So he has the data before, and after fragmentation, and can work in reverse to piece those bullets back together digitally because of the waynetech forensic computers or what have you.

Now that he has all this data from his tests, he can apply those figures to the simulation using the fragmented pieces of the initial bullet, and digitally piece the bullet back together. It might not be perfect at first but that is why you should have several samples.

In theory, this makes a lot of sense and should work but I don't know how valid it would be realistically.

I got super invested in Logan and it had great performances all around with great action set pieces

TDK is only watchable for the Joker, it's more like a crime thriller than a superhero movie, and the actual characterization, performance, action scenes and writing for Batman is dire

>analyzing TDK

The dumbest, most pseudo-intellectual exercise in decades.

Logan is amazing and the best X-Men movie by far. Having said that there was no scene that was comparable to the Shakespearean-esque "Choose Rachel or Dent" scene from TDK.

Pretty sure if there is an image at the end of it all you CAN put fragments back together without bullshit tests.

heroism always saves his crush who he's completely freindzoned with instead of the large groups of other people who are in greater danger

>Choose Rachel or Dent
Literally every comic book ever, more than once even.

once you remove the "ohno so sad Ledger died" glasses Dark Knight becomes completely shit

>the Shakespearean-esque "Choose Rachel or Dent" scene from TDK.

Jesus. Is this post a troll? I know most people here are teens with awful taste, but no one here really thinks a scene from a batman movie is "Shakespearean" not that this poster has any idea what Shakespeare even is. I just didn't have any idea the posters here are so vulgar and stupid.

???

Yeah but you still need to apply data or an algorithm of some sort, and where do you get that from if not your own experiments? If you don't have the data, the program won't know how to do it. There isn't just some "put bullet back together" command.

TDK was basically a generic albeit high quality action film whereas Logan really put the characters and their stories and histories to use.

You could easily switch out Batman and Joker for a generic action hero and a psycho in TDK and nothing would be different.

You do know that Shakespeare was pretty much the Tyler Perry of olden times, right?

not him, but that's not relevant. the claim being made is that the choice between saving one of two people was shakespearean. I haven't seen that in a tyler perry movie

>Yeah but you still need to apply data or an algorithm of some sort
No i don't. It's either fragments that can be put together to form a picture or a fucking dust.

>Claims a particular scene is not Shakespearean like some libtard
>Uses "vulgar" incorrectly

Well done.

Wow, I want the Fox shills to fuck off, Logan was mediocre just like the rest of the x men franchise. Being rated r doesn't automatically make something kino.