Is it actually bad, or is it just getting fisted by critics who are trying to appeal to PC culture?

Is it actually bad, or is it just getting fisted by critics who are trying to appeal to PC culture?

I'm seeing a lot of people spewing this "white male savior" rhetoric and while I do understand this when it comes to certain films or shows, it's just in this case...Iron Fist has always been a white guy doing martial arts and shit since the 70s...why is this a big issue now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gSgB0KYH8ew
youtube.com/watch?v=Fo59LlkTDe4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Is it actually bad
>Marvel logo on the poster
gee I dunno

>is it just getting fisted by critics who are trying to appeal to PC culture?
This. It's yet another Marvel/Netflix show, so it is no more good or bad than the others. It's only "FUCKING WHITE MALE" critics that are hating on it.

Both its shit but most of the really stinky reviews are coming from people who's only argument against the show is that a white guy does kung foo.

Other than that though it suffers from all the same stuff that the other marvel/netflix show do. its too long and shits itself in the second half.

Also the main actor did about as much work as Gal Gadot did to get ready for wonderwoman i.e. fucking nothing. So the action is sub par and shittier than daredevil.

It actually looks bad. I am open to the show possibly showing tho GS that the other she was haven't. They all have their cool gimmicks with how they portray Jew York. But every trailer and clip has looked pretty shit. The fights have the same issues that the Marvel flicks have. I can accept the goofy way they film JJ and LC fighting since at least they don't rape me with poor editing. But this Iron Fist shit looks bad. Go YouTube "iron fist cage fight" prepare to laugh.

it's the same complains as the other Marvel shows, they're pushing the diversity shit hard this time

That's all I thought it was honestly. It's just an okay-ish superhero show. There are many more like it, and there are many better than it.

If anything it's just extremely mediocre, not mediocre enough to hate and rage against. Just mediocre in the sense that one can't really think of much to say about it other than "That was a thing."

Both.

Theres probably some stuff involving the PC culture.

But i'm a action guy and boy from the action piece they revealed the Kung Fu action in the show about Magical Kung Fu Man its quite frankly shit.

who cares?
the mcu is pc culture
it can be eaten by it's own harpys for all i care

SJWs hate it because of the reasons you said.
Comics fans hate it because they've taken out all the mystical fantasy elements that make Iron Fist an actually great character. (He doesn't even get a fucking costume)
Normies will hate it because it supposedly has both the least action and slowest pacing of any Marvel production so far.

How could Marvel fuck up so bad?

>why is this a big issue now?
Neo Marxism, user. Neo Marxism.

IS IT OUT YET?!

Next week I believe.

>All the reviews saying that the fight choreography is bad

IT'S IRON FUCKING FIST

HE'S A KUNG FU MAN

YOU HAD LITERALLY ONE JOB -- TO MAKE GOOD FIGHT SCENES

FUCK

I can't believe that the best Iron Fist on the screens is the one directed by RZA

In regards to the mystical element of Iron Fist he really should've introduced or at least hinted at in Doctor Strange. So far from what I'm reading from reviews (granted as I said eariler they could just be pandering to PC culture) the Iron Fist show is basically white guy doing kung-fu the TV show. Now I can get with that, it's not the first time it's been done, I'd just hope it has at least something else going on with it.

Man with the Iron Fists...a movie where the soundtrack was so much better than the actual film.

He directs an episode of the series actually.

Is that Sam Hyde?

I blame the producers.

RZA had a four hour version and they made him cut to 1h30 hours.

We forever lost the Ultimate Martial Arts Kino

>youtube.com/watch?v=gSgB0KYH8ew
Yeah, bro its totally awesome and those critics only hate it because the are sjws...totally, my non-paid friend.

Well there's still The Raid series at the very least.

I know

I'll honestly be watching for his episode.

It's not that i believe that he is a great director, but RZA is crazy for Kung Fu Philosophy, Mysticism and Brotherhood.
I believe his episode should be injected in that kind of stuff.

And if anything else Man with the Iron Fist is visually cool so there is that going on with him.

the critics gave jessica jones and luke cage high ratings. both of those shows were complete trash. there is absolutely no way iron fist will be worse than those two pieces of garbage.

jesus christ that fight choreography is so underwhelming

Why is it that Asians that actually live in Asian countries don't really care about having Asian actors in movies while Asian-Americans care so much?

just watch it and find out.

because Americans are weird and feel like if something isn't pandering directly to them then it must be actively rooting against them.

Its a strange combative outlook on life but its the only one they know.

Asians are already in all of their films, so the west doing something different doesn't matter, they hardly experience Western culture. Asian Americans mainly participate in Western culture, which is mostly white, so they want more representation through Western media.

...But can't Americans relate to characters that doesn't share their race?

Sounds like they don't belong in either culture really.
>Not seen as "trendy" to stand up for compared to other minorities in the west
>Countries like China probably hate American-Chinese etc

Why don't these Asian-Americans watch Asian cinema and television? They have successful entertainment industries in Asia and yet they still insist on bitching about western culture.

marvel is the comic incantation of sjws, so it's only appropiate that they get destroyed by them

It's almost poetic in a sense

Different cultures.

Just ask any legit asian if they believe Asian-Americans fit into their societies

youtube.com/watch?v=Fo59LlkTDe4
I think this video is very relevant.

>Asian-Americans act like they're culturally Asian when in reality, they're culturally American
>Actual Asians just enjoy the food no matter what

I thought it was pretty cool for what it was. I went in expecting a cheesy over the top kung fu flick and that's what I got. I enjoyed it, but I probably wouldn't watch it again.

What didn't you guys like about it?

I think my probably is that I was expecting more and that's what made me not care for it much after watching it. If I went in with lowered expectations I probably would've ended up liking it more.

*problem

Well unfortunately the actual kung fu wasn't that interesting.

Too much reliance on slowmotion, CGI and honestly not very good edited.

I generally don't mind the first two, but i didn't feel like the fights had much kinetic energy to them.

Wait, so how are all these anons reviewing it ITT?

4 eps preview for review, dude

I'm not reviewing it, I'm asking if anyone else thinks it'll be as bad as critics make it out to be or is it just some PC pandering again.

I also don't doubt that some episodes have leaked already. That seems to happen often when reviews for shows go up a week or two in advance.

Wait, so you guys are pro reviewers or are these preview episodes in the piratesphere?

I don't see them on reddit's megalinks so I'm very skeptical of the latter if that's your claim.

I understand.
You make good points. Now I think it could have been a lot better too. Wasted potential is always disappointing....

I've only commented on the fight scenes that i saw in the stuff released so far.

I mean, this is the stuff they decided to show to people

youtube.com/watch?v=gSgB0KYH8ew

why is everyone bitching about muh race when all the reviews say it's boring as shit?

It's probably decent enough. Reviewers just want to shit on it because they're SJW cunts who didn't read the comics, and want an Asian doing the martial arts.

They reviewed The Huntsman movie poorly as well because Kristin Stewart got fired from that franchise due to being a cheating whore. Naturally, all the SJWs had to stick up for muh female right.

That is the general consensus yes, but I've read at least 6 different reviews that always bring up the fact that it's a white guy doing martial arts as a fault.