WARHAMMER 40k

Is it possible to make a Warhammer 40k TV series? I don't think it would ever happen, since the budget would have to be enormous and the interest probably would never be high enough, but it would be awesome if someone took a chance on it, GoT-style.

What non-Warhammer movies could be considered /40kcore/?

>inb4 LOL SO GRIM

FOR THE EMPEROR

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mGg5-w0qCX4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Bumping with this.

Mads as Horus?

I can see a non-space Marine movie being made. Following an Inquisitor or a really focused, grounded movie about a squad of IG, in which they find themselves behind enemy lines in some chaos tainted shithole were face off against a single Chaos SM.

That's a cool idea. It could give the whole thing a horror vibe too, an imperial guard squad being picked off one by one by a lone superhuman monster soldier.

Priest
youtube.com/watch?v=mGg5-w0qCX4

Event Horizon

Starship Troopers

That's probably it. Also metathreads are cancer.

This isn't about the tabletop game, it's discussing a TV series or movie.

Thank you, and also fuck you.

WH40k is ridiculous, I laugh every time I read something about it. It would have to be a comedy or at least very self-aware, because it's hard to take seriously.

Dredd is also a good film for 40k if you want.
Blade Runner I guess.
Equilibrium I guess.
Edge of Tomorrow I guess.

Lots of stuff desu if you're willing to push it.

It's essentially fanfiction which turned into a business.

I always hear autists talking about this, whats so great about it?

its every fantasy/sci-fi trope taken to the extreme, its pretty self aware I think because its extremely over the top.

I still like it and its one of the more fleshed out universes compared to something like Star Wars

Who would watch this? 40k has nearly 0 appeal among women and anyone above 15.

But Sanguinius and Khan defended Magnus.

Guess you answered your own question then.

Well done, you found the point. Accidentally, but still.

>Who would watch capeshit? Capeshit has nearly 0 appeal among women and anyone above 15

Also it's amongst, not among, retard.

Are you people retarded? It can only be a cartoon or it would have to be about internal power struggled in some part of the empire.
You have to spnd more of the time filming people talking...
You cant have the sries be directly bout a squad of marines on a mission, fighting baddied, all the series..
That would cost 10 times more than GoT.
Even with GoT's relatively huge budget its stiol mostly heads talking with a nice background.

In short a 40k series is definately possible but it would be about political power struggles and maybe an action scene or two of some battleground from a distance or maybe a few shots of space marines fighting some ayys.

Warhammer is a joke.

what's the difference between among and amongst?

Well done. You now understand why people like it.

There is none. I was going for (You)'s.

>the empire

100% not possible to make live action 40k and have it based around space marines. They're too fucking silly and inaccessible, plus they devalue the universe.
Base it on a group of imperial guardsman. Have them fight spooky shit as regular human beings to make it feel at least a bit relatable and interesting, then introduce the acid spitting, rocket launching, walking tank space marines to show how cool they are compared to the average dude.
Add some weird repression subplot and *dont* make the inquisitor or psyker the bad guy and you might end up with something that could be OK.

Ideally, don't let the GW legal team get too involved or everyone will have to wear those fucking awful waddle suits or whatever the latest and most expensive model is.

I always hated this image macro. Warp travel is relatively safe. If this was your average warp voyage the imperium would have been long gone by now.

that's a shame, i thought there might be some interesting difference i could learn about with who and whom

*like with

GW has had a new CEO for a couple of years now. They don't send out C&D's all the time now. In fact, The Lord Inquisitor fan film got an official license (with a caveat they can't make any form of money from it) from GW and even a writer (ADB is a fucking awful writer, but he's a writer nonetheless).

so it got changed from a 15 min film to a feature one. If you did a high quality film GW wouldn't care. They allowed Damnatus through as well.

Nah. Among and Amongst can be used interchangeably as they're both prepositions. English is an annoying language. Though there might be somewhere, to the best of my knowledge they're the same.