What does it take to be a baneposter?

What does it take to be a baneposter?

Brass balls.

Other urls found in this thread:

indiegogo.com/projects/female-glengarry-glen-ross#/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You mispelled prepubescent

BIG balls for BIG guys

Oh yeah. I used to be a baneposter. It's a tough racket.

Where did you learn to fly, you stupid fucking cunt, you idiot? Who told you you could work with my men?

gtfo ribbet

You know, I've never noticed it until right now, but Alec Baldwin was wearing his tie super long like Trump in that scene. Has Trump always worn his tie like that? I bet that was deliberate. That whole scene feels like old-school Donald.

I don't think his tie is all that long, he's wearing suspenders and it makes it look that way. But I don't doubt for a second that Trump could have been used as inspiration. Baldwin is playing a powerful, cut-throat, tough as nails, flashy Manhattan real-estate mogul in the late 80s. There's no way in hell any actor on Earth reads that breakdown and does not immediately think "Donald Trump".

First time seeing that scene I honestly thought he was going to beat the shit out of one of the salesmen. Probably Levine the machine.

Such a fucking brilliant film. World class actors giving their all.

Now imagine it being remade with Melissa Mcarthy and Harambe-woman.

Holy shit...is GGR the real kino women will never understand?

Practice

>What does it take to sell real estate?
>copper clits

Imagine if it came out today? A fully white cast without a single woman?

The femmies would all scream themselves apoplectic with rage. Twitter would set on fire.

Kinda worth it desu. Just for the screeching.

...Fine. Well done.

Why bother writing your own stuff when you can just co-opt what thr men have done and expect similar results?

indiegogo.com/projects/female-glengarry-glen-ross#/

And they wonder why we all hate them.

This is why gender roles are important. You shouldn't feel resentful at this because women shouldn't even care to try it.

A female remake is as ugly and unsettling as men trying to take up breastfeeding.

i think it's kind of dumb that mamet changed the patel lines afterwards for the play, 'cause people got buttflustered over a derogatory indian stuff

Finally got around to watching this on Friday. Jesus it's fucking bleak.

I think the biggest problem with all of this is the idea of an "female remake". I don't have a problem with seeing more women in show business, or having female-driven movies. The amount of female directors/writers/producers are legitimately way fewer than men, and the arts are the only field where I can understand the bullshit about how having more diverse points of view can be beneficial. An artist's perspective informs their art, and the more unique artists we have creating unique works of art, the more inspiration other artists have to take in and expand their own art. But the idea of having a remake of a movie wherein the only difference is the gender of the actors is fucking stupid. I'm not at all opposed to the idea of an all female movie LIKE ghostbusters, but having an all female ghostbusters is uninspired and contributes nothing to the world of movies.

My guess is that it the "female remake" comes from that lack of defined roles and cultural space.

Women have been under tremendous cultural pressure that motherhood is shit, men have all the good stuff, rah rah gender equality.

So they can't do girly things. Rom coms reinforce the patriarchy, so that's bad. There are only so many "Sex in the City" rehashes to do.

Which leaves straight up assault on pillars of distinctly guy stuff. The nerdy ensemble of Ghostbusters, the autism of most video games, the unforgiving brutality of GGR are all valid targets.

For the sake of fairness, similar pressure on traditional male roles has lead to an analogous bifurcation into reddit-style cuckoldry/trannydom and racist bodybuilding.

Diversity was meant to be a means to an end, with that end being the ability to see a story or plot or whatever from a new perspective. Instead diversity has become the end. So rather than remaking something with an all-female cast to get a new perspective on the same story, they just cast the women then call it a day.