Big matches where world class players disappeared

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/football/2006/jun/04/worldcup2006.sport43
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>10 vs 11 nearly the whole match
>Expect the forward to receive shitloads of passes to try to score

he was on goal about 5m out 2 minutes into the match and he hit it straight at valdes

Henry was never world class.

he missed 2 1-on-1s

also

>The one match Sol Cambpell scored it was all for nothing

Fuck Henry,french monkey

>Valdés being the GOAT
>Disappeared

Zidane did fuck all in both CL finals he played for Juventus

>Parc des Princes. Home. At least it was before I fucked everything up.

>Arsenal were 15 minutes away from winning the CL

Always forget how close that match was

YOU PICKED THE WRONG CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CONTENDER, FOOL!

With 10 men
Conceding the only goal Belletti scored in his Barca career

>Super Bowl
>wide receiver with 30 tds on the season
>10 catches for 32 yards in Super Bowl

>World Series
>player hits .330 on the season 26 homers and 110 rbis
>hits .112 and no homers with 1 rbi in 7 games of the World Series

>World Cup
>player with 36 goals and 210 atts
>no goals and no attempts

Randy Moss

Javier Báez? Cody Bellinger?

Too vague, gib more details. Was it in the final or the whole tournament?

It was the whole cup
And randy moss, Cody Bellinger

Every single Red Bulls playoff match and Thierry Henry.

>My Little Sawker
OP said big matches. No one cares about your soyboy plastic league

Final Euro 2016

People mistakenly blame the players, but the fact that there were (almost?) no shots on target for Brazil shows there was a problem with the managing. In fact, every BR I've seen talking about this cup blames the manager.

that's all irrelevant when you look at the chances he missed

Sorry I have no Mexican League matches to put forth, Ernesto.

Any final where Messi has played for Argentina

Lol pwned

LeBron James NBA finals vs Dallas Mavericks

>Miami entered the playoffs as the East's second seed and advanced to the Finals before stumbling against the Dallas Mavericks, losing in six games despite holding a 2–1 series lead going into Game 4. James received the brunt of the criticism for the loss, averaging only three points in fourth quarters in the series. His Finals scoring average of 17.8 points per game signified an 8.9-point drop from the regular season, the largest point drop-off in league history.

Literally scored 8 points in game 4

Still sad that pauduronaldo didnt get to play because of that french nigger. At least we won.

Checked

C.Ronaldo in every cup final up until this year

Messi didn't do anything bad in the 2014 wc final but didn't do anything good either. Probably as impactful as Ronaldo in the 2016 euro final

Greatest player i've ever watched in the biggest game of his life. Was kinda disappointed

Checked. The Jews did it.

France would have won if he'd stayed on the pitch. With him gone they were finally able to play as a team, rather than just having to give the ball to Ronaldo at every opportunity.

Ronaldo in the 1998 World Cup Final. There were rumours he'd gone crazy before the game but was forced to play at the behest of Brazil's sponsors.

Ellipsy attack, no crazy

meant Epilepsy

He was poisoned by the frogs

Literally every big game that Crynaldo has been in

worst night of my life

If you watch CL final that year you'll see that Ronaldinho Gaúcho didn't play anything. I blame 2006 to this factors
- Ronaldo trap lover was fat
- Adriano is the biggest fraud of Brazilian football ever
- The biggest hubris in my lifetime, bigger even than 2014. Parreira even released this book (Forming Winning Teams) BEFORE the WC.
- Somehow Parreira knew it would be shitty, as he chose the theme song of Brazil in that WC a song called... "Epitaph"
- A rare confluence of bad luck idols: Zico (Japan coach) and Suzana Werner (now wife of 2nd goalkeeper Júlio César) she was Ronaldo's girlfriend in 1998 and banged with a journalist - this was one of the reasons of Ronaldo's meltdown before final match)

Damn can you imagine how the russians are going to rig next WC ?
I wouldn't sleep well if I were Cavani or Suarez

I thought this was Rivaldo from a Brazil game before opening the thumbnail.

Henry is the best CF of the past 25 years.

>Ronaldinho Gaúcho didn't play anything

This. During the CL match I was mad hyped for the best player taking Arsenal apart, but he was crap. Henry ran hard and missed a chance. Then you got buildup for the worldcup all about how Ronaldinho was going to confirm himself as a GOAT contender. Result - Brazil shit the bed, Henry spends the tournament running hard, doesn't score many, and almost goes all the way.

>but was forced to play at the behest of Brazil's sponsors

Ever time there is any element of mystery lefties will blame it on some company. Why would a football team play their best player even when he was a doubt? THE MAN did it!

Also, real answer

World Cup final against Germany. Whole game he was wearing invisible coat and his last free kick was just embarrassing

>Faked an injury to avoid embarrassment

came here to post this

We was kings way back when

He and Barca should have NEVER been in that final to begin with
Never forget
www.dailymotion.com/video/x3kut

Henry was fortunate to gain the reputation he did. He was never one of the greats.

Ah yes their goal was massive team play right.

Dozens of brilliant small passes and great teamwork let them manage to slowly close in on the goal and beat the French.

Stop talking shite

You are a retarded dumb pole and you don't deserve to watch soccer.
I don't particularly like Messi but I couldn't help to feel fucking awful when watching that final and seeing him play all by himself, trying to literally win the game on his own. Wish Argentina weren't such niggers, but Germany deserved to win anyways.

He did way more in that CL final than Henry, but tbf, Henry did score against his team in the Cup

Wrong. Ronaldinho was the one who made that through pass which resulted in Lehmann getting the red card. Come on with this shit.

Here's your (You)

god it fucking hurts.

A FUCKING LEAF

Higuain cost them that final

Kobe Bryant vs the Boston Celtics 2010 NBA finals game 7.

Choked like a bitch. Bailed out by refball.

>I don't like Messi
>it's the fucking leaf that appears to cock suck him every thread among the ameriad

Would have won the title with Lehmann

Then he won the best player of the tournament thingy and everyone knew that was a sponsor decision.

>That 1v1 with Casillas
Thanks based foot

>muh x player
messi is the "goat" but he needs his roleplayers to win the game? you forgot to blame palacio too.

there were 2 1v1's with robben and casillas.

The other one is the one were Puyol fell in front of Robben in almost acrobatic fashion just before he got to the goal? I dont consider that a 1v1, he barely could ahoot there. Unless it was another one that I cant remember right now.

2 reasons:
- Brazil x Netherlands was the best match in the WC, was tough and dramatic as fuck, while France x Croatia was normal tier.
- Ronaldo was cucked by his grace
One adding other explain his meltdown

*Was cucked by his gf

Take your pick

Out of that lot can it really be anyone else but Rooney?
Also, Hargreaves was the only player that year that wasn't embarrassing.

>Also, Hargreaves was the only player that year that wasn't embarrassing.

And he was hated by the British by the public and press.

I don't know where you got that from, we absolutely loved him. He was the only fucking player in the squad who put the team before himself

theguardian.com/football/2006/jun/04/worldcup2006.sport43

>won everything
>scored 30+ goals five seasons in a row

>Paying attention to the British media
The fans loved him, anyone with half a brain ignores the fucking sewer rats in our press

Can vouch for this. I still remember when he got past Ronaldo and left him on his arse. Lel.

Portugal would have lost if he played any further. After retirement Portugal will probably win a world cup.

>flag

>apeconcussion
>boreswing
>sports

L o l

>big games
technically not a big match but Kaka's return to Milan from Madrid is entirely forgettable

Can I have a you please

I watched this whole game last month, Ronaldinho almost didn't touch the ball

He was by far the best player on the pitch in both finals against Chile. You don't get it because you are European, but in South America teams play with 10 defenders against us, Messi doesn't have easy games

by zidane?

>seeing him play all by himself
that's why they lost you fucking leaf, football is the TEAM sport