2022 WC hosts

>2022 WC hosts
what a disgrace

>1939 WWII hosts
what a disgrace

There should be a rule that you can only bid to host a world cup if you have previously qualified for it

what was the point of this? Did Zidane really need more money?

>losing to liechtenstein

>Losing to a 10 man Liechtenstein

HOWLING

Can't wait for the blatant match fixing.

They are still recruiting foreigners to play for their national team. It takes time since FIFA doesn't allow already capped players to change their national team so Qatar has to get yet to capped kids.

if someone offers you a couple mil to hold a shirt would you not do it? plus it would be great to network with those rich arabs who already love you

Half their squad are foreigners already

> the scorer is foreign

>when you send off one of their players but they're just too strong

is Liechtenstein, dare I say, elite?

By then, I'm pretty sure they will have naturalized all the best mercenaries/players in the world and have FIFA changed its rules.

Yes, quite elite

>By then
They only have 5 years. The only way it would work is if they changed the rules for switching allegiance, but no country would vote for that.

they already started importing huemonkeys to the qatari stars league for the explicit purpose of naturalizing them for the 2022 World Cup years ago already

And that's supposed to help them reach a level where they'll be competitive in a WC in 5 years? When they're currently losing to a team where most of the NT either play in their atrocious domestic league, or the Swiss third and fourth division.

>When they're currently losing to a team where most of the NT either play in their atrocious domestic league
Liechtenstein has a league?

I thought they only had a cup tournament.

Just check out what happened in the 2015 Handball WC in Qatar.

Wait, I was getting it mixed up. Their teams are in the Swiss third and fourth divisions.

Not comparable. They were allowed to take on players who'd just not played for a NT in 3 years, allowing them to convince established quality players.

That doesn't work in FIFA tournaments. They'd either have to naturalise a bunch of uncapped players, which just leaves them with a bunch of players not good enough to make any established team's bench. Or hope the rules change in the next 5 years, which won't happen, since most countries would be shooting themselves in the foot by voting for it.

>Qatar had to fly in paid fans for the handball world cup

what an embarrassment 2022 will be

think how many uncapped quality players there are in the brazilian first division. throw some oil money their way and give them some ridiculous wages in the qatari league. as long as they've "lived" in qatar for five years they can play

>bacteria and pikachu could play for qatar

>And that's supposed to help them reach a level where they'll be competitive in a WC in 5 years?

im sure they are aiming to not get smashed 8-0 every game